Old Men Yell At Clouds (Formerly: Irrational Pet Peeves)

stevetotheizz0
Member
Posts: 5667
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 11:43 am

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

TacoBill wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 3:55 pm
My guess is Tony Luke's or Carmen's.

Primanti's is garbage. Sides don't go on sandwiches.
Strongly dislike Tony Lukes myself. John's Roast Pork or Paesano's are the best sandwich places in Philly imo.

Agree with Primanti's, mostly bc adding sides into a sandwich doesn't make the bread better.
imrahil327 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 3:37 pm
Primanti's is top 5 for sure, although it was not the one I was thinking of. Probably going to anger you by mentioning that it was from the OTHER big city in your state :lol:
I think this post successfully angers both sides of the state.
Last edited by stevetotheizz0 on January 14th, 2021, 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 5111
Joined: January 23rd, 2017, 4:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by shawnd1984 »

TacoBill wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 3:55 pm
My guess is Tony Luke's or Carmen's.

Primanti's is garbage. Sides don't go on sandwiches.

Also that picture is just a French Fry sandwich? wtf is that?
Totally agree. Just because you're from Pittsburgh doesn't mean you have to revere this mediocre establishment.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

User avatar
imrahil327
Tournament Advocate
Posts: 31252
Joined: July 3rd, 2006, 3:51 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by imrahil327 »

DiNic's is the correct answer.
Image
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

stevetotheizz0
Member
Posts: 5667
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 11:43 am

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

imrahil327 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 4:04 pm
DiNic's is the correct answer.
Sounds like a good location for a swccg event

User avatar
imrahil327
Tournament Advocate
Posts: 31252
Joined: July 3rd, 2006, 3:51 am
Location: San Diego

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by imrahil327 »

stevetotheizz0 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 4:07 pm
imrahil327 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 4:04 pm
DiNic's is the correct answer.
Sounds like a good location for a swccg event
Didn't we have one across the street and the hotel was * to us? Or is this a reference to that already?
Image
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

stevetotheizz0
Member
Posts: 5667
Joined: January 10th, 2012, 11:43 am

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

imrahil327 wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 4:08 pm

Didn't we have one across the street and the hotel was * to us? Or is this a reference to that already?
We had 2 events there.

Irrational pet peeve: Hotel managers that think I have any respect for what they say.

User avatar
quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
Posts: 26310
Joined: September 3rd, 2003, 5:10 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by quickdraw3457 »

TacoBill wrote:
January 14th, 2021, 3:55 pm
My guess is Tony Luke's or Carmen's.

Primanti's is garbage. Sides don't go on sandwiches.

Also that picture is just a French Fry sandwich? wtf is that?
It's the triple cheese, I only chose that one because it's the only one that I know has provolone on it.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Image
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

lithy
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 116
Joined: August 17th, 2019, 6:29 pm

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by lithy »

Cap and cheese with egg!

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 3174
Joined: June 20th, 2004, 4:53 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
GEMP Username: corran
Contact:

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by Corran »

Primanti's was really good when I had it at the original location(or one of the original locations?) where it felt like an old timey deli. The one I went to that felt like a sports bar was terrible.

The O is the best restaurant I've been to in Pittsburgh. My wife and I are going to do a road trip to Pittsburgh once everything goes back to normal(hopefully this summer). It will be a food based trip, so restaurant recommendations are needed.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
ashnolo wrote: I'm using OCS to prepare for Kendall in Corellia League play

lithy
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 116
Joined: August 17th, 2019, 6:29 pm

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by lithy »

The O closed earlier this year, just FYI.

I have kids and don't get out much so I won't be good for recommendations.

User avatar
quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
Posts: 26310
Joined: September 3rd, 2003, 5:10 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Corran wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 12:39 pm
Primanti's was really good when I had it at the original location(or one of the original locations?) where it felt like an old timey deli. The one I went to that felt like a sports bar was terrible.

The O is the best restaurant I've been to in Pittsburgh. My wife and I are going to do a road trip to Pittsburgh once everything goes back to normal(hopefully this summer). It will be a food based trip, so restaurant recommendations are needed.
Yeah sadly the O will not be on your agenda :( But PM me closer to the date, I'd be happy to give you recommendations.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Image
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 3174
Joined: June 20th, 2004, 4:53 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
GEMP Username: corran
Contact:

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by Corran »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:50 pm
Corran wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 12:39 pm
Primanti's was really good when I had it at the original location(or one of the original locations?) where it felt like an old timey deli. The one I went to that felt like a sports bar was terrible.

The O is the best restaurant I've been to in Pittsburgh. My wife and I are going to do a road trip to Pittsburgh once everything goes back to normal(hopefully this summer). It will be a food based trip, so restaurant recommendations are needed.
Yeah sadly the O will not be on your agenda :( But PM me closer to the date, I'd be happy to give you recommendations.
I hadn't heard that the O had closed... super lame!
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
ashnolo wrote: I'm using OCS to prepare for Kendall in Corellia League play

User avatar
shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 5111
Joined: January 23rd, 2017, 4:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by shawnd1984 »

Corran wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 2:20 pm
quickdraw3457 wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:50 pm
Corran wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 12:39 pm
Primanti's was really good when I had it at the original location(or one of the original locations?) where it felt like an old timey deli. The one I went to that felt like a sports bar was terrible.

The O is the best restaurant I've been to in Pittsburgh. My wife and I are going to do a road trip to Pittsburgh once everything goes back to normal(hopefully this summer). It will be a food based trip, so restaurant recommendations are needed.
Yeah sadly the O will not be on your agenda :( But PM me closer to the date, I'd be happy to give you recommendations.
I hadn't heard that the O had closed... super lame!
Gaucho Parilla is the #1 Pittsburgh sandwich!
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

User avatar
shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 5111
Joined: January 23rd, 2017, 4:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by shawnd1984 »

Kids songs in 2020-2021.

Apparently all of the three little pigs survive. I grew up with the first two pigs being eaten after their shoddy buildings collapse.

Also, it's apparently not "paddy cake paddy cake, bakers man", it's "pat a cake, pat a cake, baker's man"
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
LS Region: Naboo
Posts: 2308
Joined: June 19th, 2005, 12:11 pm
Location: Leicester, UK
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by Paul McPherson »

shawnd1984 wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 8:30 am
Kids songs in 2020-2021.

Apparently all of the three little pigs survive. I grew up with the first two pigs being eaten after their shoddy buildings collapse.

Also, it's apparently not "paddy cake paddy cake, bakers man", it's "pat a cake, pat a cake, baker's man"
I'm 42 and these are the versions that I know from my childhood. :???
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

User avatar
shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 5111
Joined: January 23rd, 2017, 4:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by shawnd1984 »

Doing arts and crafts while building a physical star wars deck and then getting a substantial errata rendering your efforts worthless.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

User avatar
shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 5111
Joined: January 23rd, 2017, 4:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by shawnd1984 »

shawnd1984 wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 10:09 am
Doing arts and crafts while building a physical star wars deck and then getting a substantial errata rendering your efforts worthless.
Totally rational. Irrational because I should know better. Definitely not physically building Hitco or HD v.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 17395
Joined: July 14th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by arebelspy »


Paul McPherson wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 8:30 am
Kids songs in 2020-2021.

Apparently all of the three little pigs survive. I grew up with the first two pigs being eaten after their shoddy buildings collapse.

Also, it's apparently not "paddy cake paddy cake, bakers man", it's "pat a cake, pat a cake, baker's man"
I'm 42 and these are the versions that I know from my childhood. :???
Yeah I'm with you, Paul. Both his "new" versions I heard growing up in the 80s/90s.

I did think it was paddy cake the way you mishear song lyrics, but it wasn't.

And the pigs always ran down the road to the next brother's house, then they like all played music.

Actually I'm 98% sure that's even in the Disney cartoon version, which is probably from the 50s.

This is not an example of softening of something to not make it so bad for kids these days.

User avatar
shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 5111
Joined: January 23rd, 2017, 4:38 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by shawnd1984 »

arebelspy wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 10:30 am
Paul McPherson wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 8:30 am
Kids songs in 2020-2021.

Apparently all of the three little pigs survive. I grew up with the first two pigs being eaten after their shoddy buildings collapse.

Also, it's apparently not "paddy cake paddy cake, bakers man", it's "pat a cake, pat a cake, baker's man"
I'm 42 and these are the versions that I know from my childhood. :???
Yeah I'm with you, Paul. Both his "new" versions I heard growing up in the 80s/90s.

I did think it was paddy cake the way you mishear song lyrics, but it wasn't.

And the pigs always ran down the road to the next brother's house, then they like all played music.

Actually I'm 98% sure that's even in the Disney cartoon version, which is probably from the 50s.

This is not an example of softening of something to not make it so bad for kids these days.
Maybe I just read the dark original fairy tales or something. The moral is much stronger if the pigs died for their poor craftsmanship.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

User avatar
Hunter
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 14993
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 3:27 am

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by Hunter »

I've never heard a version of the Three Little Pigs where more than one of them survives.

In versions where the 1st and 2nd pig survive and escape to the 3rd house, the Wolf says "Little Pigs, Little Pigs, let me in."
I had never encountered that line, because it was always "Little Pig" (singular) at all 3 houses, since the Wolf never encountered more than 1 pig at a time.
Wikipedia wrote:The story begins with the title characters being sent out into the world by their mother, to "seek out their fortune". The first little pig builds a house of straw, but a wolf blows it down and devours him. The second little pig builds a house of sticks, which the wolf also blows down, and the second little pig is also devoured.
arebelspy wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 10:30 am
This is not an example of softening of something to not make it so bad for kids these days.
Well, it definitely IS an example of softening something. It's just that "these days" was the better part of a century ago. Because:
arebelspy wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 10:30 am
Actually I'm 98% sure that's even in the Disney cartoon version, which is probably from the 50s.
1933, it seems. I've never seen it, but it sounds like it's probably a big reason why some people remember the pigs surviving.
Three Little Pigs, a 1933 Silly Symphony cartoon, was produced by Walt Disney. The production cast the title characters as Fifer Pig, Fiddler Pig, and Practical Pig. The first two are depicted as both frivolous and arrogant. The story has been somewhat softened. The first two pigs still get their houses blown down, but escape from the wolf. Also, the wolf is not boiled to death but simply burns his behind and runs away.

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic”