Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

mr007agent

Re: Irrational Pet Peeves? List em here!

Post by mr007agent »

rhendon wrote:People who thought it was Rouge 1 instead of Rogue 1...
That is a beautiful color on you Ewan McGregor!

Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

mserisman wrote:People who use the word "loose" instead of "lose".

No, your team did not "loose", unless you are describing their pants fell off, or they went out after the game and screwed everything in sight.

It's LOSE people, as in lost, didn't win, can't find, etc., not LOOSE as in not tight...

geez
Also, these people are likely to use the non-word "rediculous", which takes real effort given that spellcheck is everywhere.

(RATIONAL PET PEEVE ALERT)
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

rhendon wrote:People who thought it was Rouge 1 instead of Rogue 1...
Yeah obviously Rouge 1 is Garven Dreis' x-wing in french.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

This might be rational, but I hate people who throw those disposable flosser things on the ground. I think it's grosser than cigarette butts.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

laforge27
Holotable username: laforge27
GEMP Username: laforge27

Post by laforge27 »

I hate when I'm eating lunch and a coworker comes by and asks, "Whatcha eating?"
I know it's irrational, but I want to answer, "My f**king lunch."
Of course I politely proceed to give a detailed breakdown of what I'm having...

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

gossuii
GEMP Username: gossuii

Post by gossuii »

People explaining that they "searched until they found it" or "it was in the last place where they looked"... Of course, who would continue searching after you found your missing item?
Gosse Z. - Seattle

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

that reminds me of how the hidden base is always the last system i probe
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

gossuii
GEMP Username: gossuii

Post by gossuii »

WiseMarsellus wrote:that reminds me of how the hidden base is always the last system i probe
lol! well played
Gosse Z. - Seattle

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Work related:
People who wash and fold their cartons. Then throw it in the regular trash, when the carton recycle bag is literally 2 meters away.
My idiot co-worker and his crap. I have a thing at home "Guess what X did today". (I'm pretty sure everyone working in a company with 15+ employees will have at least one co-worker like that)

people who try to get on the train before everyone gets a chance to get off.

Traffic:
basically everything. People are * idiots
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

This one is completely rational and therefore OT, but have to bring it up -- guy sitting next to me on the bus this morning chewing his fingernails the entire ride. I find that completely disgusting. I couldn't even concentrate on reading Thrawn it was so distracting.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:This one is completely rational and therefore OT, but have to bring it up -- guy sitting next to me on the bus this morning chewing his fingernails the entire ride. I find that completely disgusting. I couldn't even concentrate on reading Thrawn it was so distracting.

I can do a whole thread on just bus ride pet peeves. All rational, but some are more narrow in their scope and probably don't annoy everyone. I hate when people are standing in the aisle, wearing a full backpack. When you try to get by them, they "narrow" their body by turning, seemingly ignoring the fact that they're wearing a backpack that makes them wider from the side than straight on...so you're still in the same boat of trying to get past a person taking up a lot of space.

My number one bus pet peeve though...the people who seemingly believe there is an invisible barrier that prevents them from going up two steps to the back of the bus...and then the log jam that ensues all the way to the front. If this narcissistic ass would just take a few steps back, you could accommodate up to 10 extra people. I had one bus driver that wouldn't even start the bus until people moved as far back as possible, which I loved. Haven't ridden a bus in a year and a half because of these antics.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

shawnd1984 wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:This one is completely rational and therefore OT, but have to bring it up -- guy sitting next to me on the bus this morning chewing his fingernails the entire ride. I find that completely disgusting. I couldn't even concentrate on reading Thrawn it was so distracting.

I can do a whole thread on just bus ride pet peeves. All rational, but some are more narrow in their scope and probably don't annoy everyone. I hate when people are standing in the aisle, wearing a full backpack. When you try to get by them, they "narrow" their body by turning, seemingly ignoring the fact that they're wearing a backpack that makes them wider from the side than straight on...so you're still in the same boat of trying to get past a person taking up a lot of space.
Worse than this is people w/ backpacks not taking them off and just crushing the people sitting down with them and not even realizing it. I always remove my backpack when I get on a bus because it's too tight of quarters and you're guaranteed to piss someone off one way or another.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:

Worse than this is people w/ backpacks not taking them off and just crushing the people sitting down with them and not even realizing it. I always remove my backpack when I get on a bus because it's too tight of quarters and you're guaranteed to piss someone off one way or another.
The spacial recognition of people is quite poor. I am surprised eyeballs have not been lost by someone taking a rogue turn and catching a senior citizen with their stupid Jansport full of textbooks. Do we have to go into the passengers that sit on the outside and place a small purse on the inside, then ignore the fact that the bus is packed and refuse to let someone sit down?

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

shawnd1984 wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:

The spacial recognition of people is quite poor. I am surprised eyeballs have not been lost by someone taking a rogue turn and catching a senior citizen with their stupid Jansport full of textbooks. Do we have to go into the passengers that sit on the outside and place a small purse on the inside, then ignore the fact that the bus is packed and refuse to let someone sit down?
I've picked up people's things and handed them to them. Your bag doesn't get a seat, not sorry.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

vhstapes wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:

I've picked up people's things and handed them to them. Your bag doesn't get a seat, not sorry.
I was on a bus from the airport once, it was a small shuttle bus, and this guy had a huge luggage in the seat next to him, there was absolutely no room on the bus, and people were literally yelling at him "your bag didn't pay for a seat" when there was nothing he could have done. People can be *.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

quickdraw3457 wrote:
vhstapes wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:
shawnd1984 wrote:

I was on a bus from the airport once, it was a small shuttle bus, and this guy had a huge luggage in the seat next to him, there was absolutely no room on the bus, and people were literally yelling at him "your bag didn't pay for a seat" when there was nothing he could have done. People can be *.
I rode the bus in Seattle for 10 years, so I'm mostly talking about hipsters. Honestly women that did it irritated me much less than men, because it is sort of a form of protection for them. Guys doing it are just being stupid.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

quickdraw3457 wrote: I was on a bus from the airport once, it was a small shuttle bus, and this guy had a huge luggage in the seat next to him, there was absolutely no room on the bus, and people were literally yelling at him "your bag didn't pay for a seat" when there was nothing he could have done. People can be *.
maybe don't pack so much :P
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

puck71 wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote: I was on a bus from the airport once, it was a small shuttle bus, and this guy had a huge luggage in the seat next to him, there was absolutely no room on the bus, and people were literally yelling at him "your bag didn't pay for a seat" when there was nothing he could have done. People can be *.
maybe don't pack so much :P
Maybe, but who knows if he was gone for like a month or two. I never pack more than a carry-on size luggage + one other small bag, but sometimes you need to.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

People pluralizing "Jedi" and "Pokemon" as "Jedis" and "Pokemons."
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

Return to “Off Topic”