Has anyone dabbled in Bitcoin?

JediJer
Administrator

Re: Has anyone dabbled in Bitcoin?

Post by JediJer »

mr007agent wrote:Jeremy, you keep posting stuff but I still don't know what it is and how you or anyone else will actually make money?
This is what I know -
There is going to be an app that will be available in January 2019.
By using the app at partner retailers, you save money and earn crypto currency. You can then use that crypto currency at those same retailers instead of cash. Unlike Bitcoin and other crypto currencies, there aren't going to be transaction fees or processing fees.
Clear?
To earn money from people doing that, you become a member of LIFE Leadership.
In LIFE, you build a team and community of other members and also non-member customers of the LIFE products (Financial Literacy, Personal Development). So right now, if I get 10 people on my team, and each of them is subscribed to the two main subscriptions offered, that's 1000 points, which translates into a monthly bonus. The bigger you build your team, and the more customers you have, the more money you can make each month. If I build a second team of 5 people, and then help a couple of those people do the same (build a team of 10 and 5) then there's even more bonuses.

The way teams are built is unique from any other network/mlm. Let's say I'm on Dan's team. Now I go out and add Tom to my team. Dan also gets Mary to join, so Mary goes on Tom's team. Now Dan has a team of 3 (me, Tom, Mary), I have a team of 2 (Tom, Mary), and Tom has a team of 1 (Mary). Mary goes out and adds two new people to her team (Lisa and Karen), now Keith has a team of 3, I have a team of 4, etc. Now, let's say that Jerry, Kyle, Mike, Keith, and Chris all decide to join, so they all get added to the team, and we just keep building the numbers down. Now, my goal is to get everyone on my team to help get 10 more people under Chris, because if Chris makes money, we all make money.

This is why it isn't like a scam or pyramid scheme - let's say Chris is super enthusiastic and adds a second team and even a third and fourth team, and now his teams are bigger than my teams, and he has more customers on his teams than I have on mine. He's going to start making more money and move up in the pay scale above me. Maybe he even builds 6 teams and he actually goes all the way to the top of the pay scale (what we call Life Coach) and could be making somewhere in the neighborhood of 136k per month, while I'm still only making somewhere around 16k per month with my 4 teams. This actually can and did happen. If you make your teams big enough, you can make as much money as Orrin Woodward (the founder), because he makes his money by building a team just like everyone else. He doesn't just sit in his giant house and take his cut of the profits without putting in any work. Yes, he has a giant house. Yes, he makes a lot of money, but he keeps working on building up his team leaders to ensure that they are all building their teams.

So when the app launches, it's going to provide an additional way to earn points towards your monthly bonuses, as every transaction by someone on your down-line team, each of your customers, and each of your down-line team member's customers will start to add up.
Right now, the details on how much the discounts are, how much crypto you earn per transaction, etc. hasn't been released.
When the app does release, if anyone wants to use it for discounts and earning crypto, I'd love for you guys to be my customers, so let me know and I'll get you the information as it becomes available.
If you want to build the infrastructure that will set you up to make money when people start using this, then let me know right now and I can get you additional information that probably explains how it works better than I can here, and if it's something you want to pursue, I'll get you signed up and started in the business side of things and we'll start building your teams.

If you want to know specifics about the different bonuses as well as high, low, average, and median incomes for the different levels, I've attached the compensation plan that goes over that stuff.
Attachments
us_compensationplan_english.pdf
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
us_compensationplan_english.pdf
(3.5 MiB) Downloaded 16 times

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Regarding the crypto currency and lack of information there, they just announced this last weekend, so like with any new venture, there are still a lot of things to get worked out by the powers that be. Anyone that has been involved in any of the volunteer teams here knows that there's a lot of discussion and decisions to be made before releasing the information to the general public. I am fine not knowing the exact specifics of how the "crypto app" will work at this point in time.

I do know that the business aspect works. The results of those that have used the system speak for themselves. If I want the results they have, why not do what they did to get those results? I know that for the last almost 20 years I've been gainfully employed, I haven't gotten anything near the results I want to have, so for me, it's time to do something different, and this system is built in such a way that even if I don't become independently wealthy, at the very least I learned how to get out of debt, stay out of debt, and am continually improving myself personally. Personal development is an ongoing process, which is why I am going to keep working this system to improve myself. It doesn't stand on its own, because if you stop, you tend to slip back into old habits. It's small changes applied over time that lead to great results.

Blarg
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Blarg »

JediJer wrote: By using the app at partner retailers, you save money and earn crypto currency. You can then use that crypto currency at those same retailers instead of cash. Unlike Bitcoin and other crypto currencies, there aren't going to be transaction fees or processing fees.
If my understanding is correct, the way crypto works, there has to be some kind of incentive to provide proof of work. So either you need to have transaction fees, or constantly be adding more currency. Bitcoin for example did a combination of the two but has a limit on the amount of new currency created; even so, the transaction fees got pretty high because proof of work is -- by definition -- computationally expensive.

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

I'm wary in general about all of those. But if it turns out well for you, I'm happy for you.

Network marketing is to me a fancy word for the gif DJK posted.

I've had bitcoins for a few years (pretty decent sum of it as well) - but even that I'm worried is one big scam. I don't buy any and I'm slowly selling them / buying stuff for the coins I have.

My wife ordered stuff from a subsidiary of Forever Living recently in order to gain access to education materials and stuff and all my warning flags were raised. I showed her all the research about the company, and safe to say, she ain't ordering stuff from them again. They market themselves as network marketing. Sure, you can get rich "working" for them, but more people end up in debt.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

From that brochure, first full paragraph:

"Life Members earn money from the sale of our products to customers and from the overall sales volume of other Life Members they involve in the program, based upon performance."

Based on that sentence, I feel like there's a zero percent chance it's not a pyramid scheme.

On the last page of the brochure, it shows you the ranking and payout of all of their members in the "Income Disclosure Statement", which is surprisingly more honest than I expected an organization of this type to be. But anyways, assuming I did the math correctly:

- the median monthly income of all members is $87.75
- the median monthly income of the bottom 99.478% of the members is $62.73

EDIT:

Oh noes, maybe I did the math wrong? Shame!! Does it make sense to average the median value across the various groups? Now I'm thinking maybe it doesn't. Okay, using the "Average" (assuming that means the mean) column on the chart.

Average monthly income across all members: $124.04
Average monthly income across the bottom 99.478% of the members: $84.72

EDIT 2:

Oh it looks like I only counted the "Customer Qualified Members", which is only a small percentage of all members. If all members are included, the numbers drop way lower. Durr, doing math in the morning is hard apparently.

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

jimli wrote:From that brochure, first full paragraph:

"Life Members earn money from the sale of our products to customers and from the overall sales volume of other Life Members they involve in the program, based upon performance."

Based on that sentence, I feel like there's a zero percent chance it's not a pyramid scheme.

On the last page of the brochure, it shows you the ranking and payout of all of their members in the "Income Disclosure Statement", which is surprisingly more honest than I expected an organization of this type to be. But anyways, assuming I did the math correctly:

- the median monthly income of all members is $87.75
- the median monthly income of the bottom 99.478% of the members is $62.73

EDIT:

Oh noes, maybe I did the math wrong? Shame!! Does it make sense to average the median value across the various groups? Now I'm thinking maybe it doesn't. Okay, using the "Average" (assuming that means the mean) column on the chart.

Average monthly income across all members: $124.04
Average monthly income across the bottom 99.478% of the members: $84.72

EDIT 2:

Oh it looks like I only counted the "Customer Qualified Members", which is only a small percentage of all members. If all members are included, the numbers drop way lower. Durr, doing math in the morning is hard apparently.
Not necessarily a pyramid scheme. The structure is similar to Mary Kay and like Mary Kay the number of successful consultants is very minimal.

If there is a good underlying product then it is just a sales job and good salesman will do OK. If the underlying product is poor then it will function for a while and eventually go out of business.

As long a JJ is making money and not spending it, he will be fine. Don't invest more than you can lose.

Thanks!

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Cam Solusar wrote:It's one thing to say that something like paying $X to attend Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University changes your financial life and outlook, but it's designed to help you live within the means you already have, and not go further than that single course/supplies.
We have a similar program. It's what we typically start people on their first month. It's just a one time charge and you don't have to continue with any subscription unless you want to. The subscription service offers identity protection, legal services, a coupon aggregation app, and budgeting tools.
From the standpoint of finances it's important to keep an open mind and keep your options open. It's always good when potential opportunity presents itself, but be skeptical of it, because often if an opportunity seems too good to be true, it is. Based on your description it may be a decent cost-savings program, but you can also clip coupons, price match, etc.
Like I said, I was skeptical at first (very). I did research, I went to meetings and learned more, attended seminars, etc. and I made the decision that this is something that people could benefit greatly from, and I simply want to share it with others.
dorshe1 wrote:If there is a good underlying product then it is just a sales job and good salesman will do OK. If the underlying product is poor then it will function for a while and eventually go out of business.
I think the products are good. The products are also the things that will help you become better in the business, so it's a product that you can continue to grow from, if you actually apply the information. It's not like an essential oil or "miracle juice" or anything like that.
jimli wrote:maths
Yeah, the numbers look low if you average it all out like that. They are simply including all the people that aren't putting any effort into actively growing their teams or customer base.
jimli wrote:"Life Members earn money from the sale of our products to customers and from the overall sales volume of other Life Members they involve in the program, based upon performance."

https://youtu.be/zZiw15VgWoI

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

JediJer wrote:
jimli wrote:"Life Members earn money from the sale of our products to customers and from the overall sales volume of other Life Members they involve in the program, based upon performance."

Okay, good luck and I hope you find success.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

jimli wrote:
JediJer wrote:

Okay, good luck and I hope you find success.
Thank you to everyone for your support.

My main purpose in wanting to do this is to help people find a path to living a better life, whatever that may mean to them. This program is the vehicle that serves that purpose for me. I used to think that I wasn't good enough to do anything more than what I've been doing for the last 10 years, which hasn't gotten me anything that I would want or any closer to feeling any sense of fulfillment.

LIFE Leadership has three rules - Have fun. Make a difference. Make money.

Would your life be improved if you had more time and more money?
If you had more time and money, what would you do with your life?
What are you doing to get more time and money, in order to do what you want to do?
How is that working out for you?

I don't ask this to be rude or condescending. I ask because if I can help change something in your life in any way, I really do want to.

If anyone is genuinely interested in just the financial fitness aspect, you can click here
If anyone is interested in the personal and professional development information, you can try Rascal Radio (it's sort of like Pandora) for free for 7 days, then $12 a month after that (cancel anytime) or the full personal development program here.
None of this requires getting involved in the selling aspect, it's just buying the products and being a customer. All products have a 100% money back guarantee. When the new savings app launches in January, I'll post information on how to get that so you can use it (or not).

The swccg community is awesome and I look forward to seeing you at the next event I'm able to attend. Gotta get more of my sweet dance moves on camera.

quesosauce37
LS Region: Tatooine
LS Region: Tatooine
GEMP Username: quesosauce

Post by quesosauce37 »

feel free to expense account more pizza lunches to me and jan
Jerry H

Image Image

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

quesosauce37 wrote:feel free to expense account more pizza lunches to me and jan

Return to “Off Topic”