Tom's Riddles

User avatar
Hunter
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 14883
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 3:27 am

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Hunter »

Gergall wrote:
3MW0J8 wrote:
Xanth wrote:An ancient name from world beyond,
blue did it glow;
held by hand of half the size,
with twice the heart to show.
Spoiler
Show
triforce
Spoiler
Show
The go-to joke answer here is Tesseract

References to "hand", "half", and "twice" even allude to Thanos.
Spoiler
Show
Sounds more like Sting to me.



User avatar
Gergall
Member
Posts: 20246
Joined: December 9th, 2002, 1:14 am
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Gergall »

I mean, that might actually be the correct answer, in which case it won't qualify as a joke answer.
Greg Zinn

Image

User avatar
Hunter
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 14883
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 3:27 am

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Hunter »

Gergall wrote:I mean, that might actually be the correct answer, in which case it won't qualify as a joke answer.
Yeah, I wasn't correcting you on what the best joke answer would be. I was just making an additional comment. :)

User avatar
Xanth
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 6609
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Xanth »

Hunter wrote:
Gergall wrote:
3MW0J8 wrote:
Xanth wrote:An ancient name from world beyond,
blue did it glow;
held by hand of half the size,
with twice the heart to show.
Spoiler
Show
triforce
Spoiler
Show
The go-to joke answer here is Tesseract

References to "hand", "half", and "twice" even allude to Thanos.
Spoiler
Show
Sounds more like Sting to me.
You are correct :-)
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.
Image

User avatar
Xanth
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 6609
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Xanth »

I can travel in many ways,
slow as sap or perhaps by cane.
I can give you what you want,
but what you won't want you'll gain.
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.
Image

User avatar
JarJarDrinks
Member
Posts: 26223
Joined: November 4th, 2003, 10:01 am

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Xanth wrote:
I can travel in many ways,
slow as sap or perhaps by cane.
I can give you what you want,
but what you won't want you'll gain.
Spoiler
Show
calories or sugar?
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

User avatar
Gergall
Member
Posts: 20246
Joined: December 9th, 2002, 1:14 am
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Gergall »

Spoiler
Show
I also came up with sugar, since it mentions "cane"
Greg Zinn

Image

User avatar
Xanth
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 6609
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Xanth »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
Xanth wrote:
I can travel in many ways,
slow as sap or perhaps by cane.
I can give you what you want,
but what you won't want you'll gain.
Spoiler
Show
calories or sugar?
Correct!
Spoiler
Show
specifically, sugar.
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.
Image

User avatar
Xanth
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 6609
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Xanth »

Easy one :-)

I have shrunk as I've aged,
but my voice is clear as day;
I'll still catch a wave and let you ride,
turning when you say.
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.
Image

arebelspy
Member
Posts: 16460
Joined: July 14th, 2005, 4:45 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by arebelspy »

Xanth wrote:I have shrunk as I've aged,
but my voice is clear as day;
I'll still catch a wave and let you ride,
turning when you say.
Spoiler
Show
A radio.

They're a lot smaller now than when they were invented, but still clear sound, the wave = radio wave, and turning = changing the station.

User avatar
Xanth
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 6609
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Xanth »

arebelspy wrote:
Xanth wrote:I have shrunk as I've aged,
but my voice is clear as day;
I'll still catch a wave and let you ride,
turning when you say.
Spoiler
Show
A radio.

They're a lot smaller now than when they were invented, but still clear sound, the wave = radio wave, and turning = changing the station.
Correct!
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.
Image

User avatar
Xanth
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 6609
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Xanth »

Sorry for the hiatus; miss me? :-)
I exist to unravel in secret;
a cruel fate marks my path.
Tattered I fall and then I turn,
vanishing in the aftermath.
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.
Image

User avatar
3MW0J8
Member
Posts: 4260
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 8:54 pm
Location: I said I have the most 2nd places

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Xanth wrote:Sorry for the hiatus; miss me? :-)
I exist to unravel in secret;
a cruel fate marks my path.
Tattered I fall and then I turn,
vanishing in the aftermath.
Um..
Spoiler
Show
toilet paper??
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

User avatar
Xanth
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 6609
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Xanth »

3MW0J8 wrote:
Xanth wrote:Sorry for the hiatus; miss me? :-)
I exist to unravel in secret;
a cruel fate marks my path.
Tattered I fall and then I turn,
vanishing in the aftermath.
Um..
Spoiler
Show
toilet paper??
You are correct ;-)
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.
Image

User avatar
Xanth
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 6609
Joined: June 8th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Xanth »

Today's:
On a dark path I grow
with sounds that betray,
but look and I'll show
proof of their way.
Now taking orders for your SWCCG and Hobby needs!
Shadow 14 wrote:I officially love you now, Tom!
Advocate wrote: Tom Haid will make us all regret this probably.
Image

Wokling
Member
Posts: 448
Joined: February 8th, 2019, 11:26 am
GEMP Username: ototoi

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Wokling »

Xanth wrote:Today's:
On a dark path I grow
with sounds that betray,
but look and I'll show
proof of their way.
Spoiler
Show
Sonar?

User avatar
Munchanka
Member
Posts: 351
Joined: May 22nd, 2014, 10:30 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
GEMP Username: munchanka
Contact:

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by Munchanka »

Do we accept good ol' fashioned brain teasers on 'Tom's Riddles'?

1. Raituskder

2.
t
i
h
g
u
a
l

3. thgis

4. PO PO PO

5. assault
__LI____LI___

6. STARSHIP

7.
s
n
u
g

8.
Spoiler
Show
weapons
9.
Tread
Me

10. tacle tacle tacle tacle tacle tacle tacle tacle tacle tacle

11. nuti

12. get that one

13.
I'm
the leader

14. Universe

15. way waaaaaaaay ✓

16. U = 1

17. eth grifshet

18. wjiatbhbyaosu

19. pets a

20. real power
Austin Madison
Game Designer, Ameritrash Games

User avatar
TacoBill
Member
Posts: 5049
Joined: January 18th, 2003, 8:32 pm
Location: MD

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by TacoBill »

Spoiler
Show
Much easier when I realized a lot of these are card related.
1. Tusken Riader
2. Laugh it up [fuzzball]
3. Hindsight
4. Threepio
5. ??
6. Capital Starship
7. ??
8. Hidden Weapons
9. Don't Tread On Me
10. Tentacle
11. ??
12. ??
13. I'm On the Leader
14. ??
15. ??
16. You are a bold one [General Kenobi]
17. Scramble the Fighters
18. Jabba's Through With You
19. A Step Backwards
20. Little Real Power
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1651
Joined: January 28th, 2017, 3:42 pm
Location: Hanover, PA
GEMP Username: rsersen
Contact:

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by rsersen »

Think Bill got most of them.
Spoiler
Show
7. Ascension Guns

12. Get (Alongside) That One

14. A Bright Center to the Universe

15. We'll Take The Long Way
Stumped on 5 and 11.
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.
Image

Image

User avatar
JarJarDrinks
Member
Posts: 26223
Joined: November 4th, 2003, 10:01 am

Re: Tom's Riddles

Post by JarJarDrinks »

TacoBill wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Much easier when I realized a lot of these are card related.
1. Tusken Riader
2. Laugh it up [fuzzball]
3. Hindsight
4. Threepio
5. ??
6. Capital Starship
7. ??
8. Hidden Weapons
9. Don't Tread On Me
10. Tentacle
11. ??
12. ??
13. I'm On the Leader
14. ??
15. ??
16. You are a bold one [General Kenobi]
17. Scramble the Fighters
18. Jabba's Through With You
19. A Step Backwards
20. Little Real Power
Spoiler
Show
7. Ascension Guns
11. Utinni
12. Get Alongside That One
14. A Bright Center To The Universe
15. We'll Take The Long Way
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Post Reply

Return to “Off Topic”