Let's talk Depression.

TheHumanHydra
Starter
Starter

Re: Let's talk Depression.

Post by TheHumanHydra »

DJP50578 wrote:...everybody has their own story, and everybody's story is 'the worst', because it happened to them. Remember to be kind, compassionate, and understanding with people, especially those you don't know. You don't have to like them, but at least take the time to understand them. Thank you.
Hey, man, that is a good reminder, and a good testimony to drive it home. Thanks and God bless.

THH

Amazing deal with Nutritious!

DJP50578
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: DJP50578

Post by DJP50578 »

Hey, thank you. Yah, I could on and on with childhood stories like that. As a kid, I didn't have low self-esteem, I had no self-esteem. It wasn't until I got older that I realized it was my fault that my self image was so poor. See, because when I was little, I'd think to myself, 'okay, if I can just get some kid to talk to me, and chat, and not focus on my mouth, then i'll make a friend and it'll all be okay.', but the thing was, that whenever I'd be talking to someone, I'd find the quickest 'out' and walk away, because I would assume they were staring at my mouth when maybe they weren't.
Darren "Scratchy" Pierazek
Albuquerque, New Mexico

TheHumanHydra
Starter
Starter

Post by TheHumanHydra »

DJP50578 wrote:Hey, thank you. Yah, I could on and on with childhood stories like that. As a kid, I didn't have low self-esteem, I had no self-esteem. It wasn't until I got older that I realized it was my fault that my self image was so poor. See, because when I was little, I'd think to myself, 'okay, if I can just get some kid to talk to me, and chat, and not focus on my mouth, then i'll make a friend and it'll all be okay.', but the thing was, that whenever I'd be talking to someone, I'd find the quickest 'out' and walk away, because I would assume they were staring at my mouth when maybe they weren't.
That's really rough. I trust that things have been a lot better in adulthood (it sounds like it)?
Amazing deal with Nutritious!

DJP50578
Starter
Starter
GEMP Username: DJP50578

Post by DJP50578 »

Yes, most def.
Darren "Scratchy" Pierazek
Albuquerque, New Mexico

Spoiler Man
Anthology
Anthology

Post by Spoiler Man »

Ok, so revisiting this thread.

In the wake of everything going on, the coronavirus, etc, how is everyone finding their depression / anxiety / OCD / nervousness / etc. levels?

I have been extremely anxious lately, and my depression has definitely gone up. Going through a divorce while quarantined, and on furlough from work, has been absolutely ....awful. Not getting to see my kids for stretches while being stuck at home, with no idea about my job situation, my life situation, anything, has had me about max-stressed out now for a long time.

My work has started calling some people back to work to start Friday, and some have also received permanent laid off notices (dated that they will be permanently laid off on 9.15, so 90 days notice from the letter), and then theres a lot of workers, like me, who haven't gotten a call, e-mail, notice, or anything from work, and when calling in they just tell us "wait your turn".

Soooo.... how is everyone else doing?

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

My anxiety/depression tends to flare up during/after difficult events, so COVID, protests, and getting laid off have definitely caused some flare ups. I've been off work since the first of the month. For the first week, I was just basking in the burnout and working through it. Last week had good days and bad days. This week, I haven't been as productive as I'd like, mostly having trouble with motivation, but I'm at least spending a little time looking for work. Hopefully as time goes by I'll be able to work on some more of the projects I wanted to complete in my time off and eventually get something lined up.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

Spoiler Man wrote:
June 17th, 2020, 12:29 pm
Ok, so revisiting this thread.

In the wake of everything going on, the coronavirus, etc, how is everyone finding their depression / anxiety / OCD / nervousness / etc. levels?

I have been extremely anxious lately, and my depression has definitely gone up. Going through a divorce while quarantined, and on furlough from work, has been absolutely ....awful. Not getting to see my kids for stretches while being stuck at home, with no idea about my job situation, my life situation, anything, has had me about max-stressed out now for a long time.

My work has started calling some people back to work to start Friday, and some have also received permanent laid off notices (dated that they will be permanently laid off on 9.15, so 90 days notice from the letter), and then theres a lot of workers, like me, who haven't gotten a call, e-mail, notice, or anything from work, and when calling in they just tell us "wait your turn".
That's a lot of difficult things at once.

I hope things start looking up again soon.

Return to “Off Topic”