NFL Draft

kryptofis
Holotable username: kryptofis
GEMP Username: kryptofis

NFL Draft

Post by kryptofis »

Surprised that there's no thread?

Browns will take the WR/QB passing Barkley to my Giants, who will also trade with Pats to get Rosen if he's still available.
That and the end of OBJ hold-out will make them the most dominant team in a coming decade. On offense... Defensively, they will need to pay money to veterans to stay alive.

Kryptofis

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Re: NFL Draft

Post by Aglets »

kryptofis wrote:Surprised that there's no thread?

Browns will take the WR/QB passing Barkley to my Giants, who will also trade with Pats to get Rosen if he's still available.
That and the end of OBJ hold-out will make them the most dominant team in a coming decade. On offense... Defensively, they will need to pay money to veterans to stay alive.
The Giants could very likely finish in last place again. I'm not sure I've ever seen such confidence for a 3-13 team....but hey......do what works for you.

How many years do you think Eli has left?
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

2 with occasional brilliant games, especially with Solder and Flowers out (hopefully!). They need a QB this-next year, but Eli will still play 2 years of good football.
Kryptofis

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Re: RE: Re: NFL Draft

Post by arebelspy »

kryptofis wrote:Eli will still play 2 years of good football.
There's always a first time. :D

kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

I wonder how many years Wilson has left to run like he used to. His ankles and back are not what they used to be...
At least when you're old and immobile all your life, you don't have to change your play style. And also Eli can see over his OL...
Kryptofis

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Seattle seems definitely about to decline for a bit. They had a pretty impressive run. San Fran and LA seem real legit.

So there's your spin....the 3-13 Giants are probably not going to decline as much this year. :)
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

kryptofis

Post by kryptofis »

Bad coach and bad OL made for that 3-13, it is going to be a lot better this year and brilliant next year. Adversity is when Giants thrive and new GM is making smart moves, I like him.
Kryptofis

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Seattle is about to go through the transformation NE went through after a few years of Brady--from defense to offense.

Might have a down year, but I expect us to make the playoffs the vast majority of the time over the next decade.

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Seriously though a thread about this year's draft sounds fun.

Ravens have never really had luck with WRs in the first round but I think a lot of fans want them to go that route.

Browns are in quite the position.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

Mel Kiper gives every team a B plus grade at a minimum.
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

I hope the Steelers go with Lamar Jackson but they will 99% go for a LB like they do every year.

Fun fact I just found on Wikipedia, the Steelers first ever first round draft pick was William Shakespeare!
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

I think Giants still need to invest in more OL to really be good. But just getting healthy would be a start for them. They could also sign Dez which would be a nice WR tandem. Eli can still play. Of course, after they ended his streak for BS reasons, I root for nothing but failure for them because of it. Eli deserved to have a career where he never missed a start. He earned that right. If they were legit trying to see what they had at QB, then there was no need to start Eli the next week. What they did was highly disrespectful to their franchise guy that won them 2 SBs. People say the defense and Tyree won them, but Eli should have been sacked on that play multiple times and threw a hell of a pass.

Seattle needs an OL in the worst of ways. Missing on that for so long has definitely hurt them. They aren't drafting as strong as they used to either. They may transition further than NE. LA, SF are both teams on the rise. I think they both have young and will be successful head coaches that will guide them to be good for awhile. That is already something that would make it a lot tougher than what NE had. Because no matter what they went through, they could count on the Bills, Jets and Dolphins to mess things up.

Ravens are still overpaying for Flacco and it is causing them to lose good guys elsewhere because of the cap. They usually are strong drafters though, so you have faith in them to keep going. Plus Pitt might be in its twilight years with Roth leaning towards retirement and them not committing to Bell. Though that is IMO a smart move because RBs come and go so much. Last 2 years the leading rusher at end of season was a rookie. This could be year 3 with Barkley. Plus if Roth retires, they'll want to tank a bit to find another QB like every other team.

I think Browns go QB, and then trade. Giants should trade down and then take an OL. Jets will screw things up. It is an interesting draft for sure though. I think it will have a lot of talent but doesn't have the guys at the top that scream future HOFer.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Good analysis, Robbie. I hope the Ravens will have another strong draft some time soon. Since Ray Lewis left we haven't drafted very many impact players. That was like 6 years ago.

I suspect Flacco is gone by 2020 at the latest.....but we'll see.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Aglets wrote:Good analysis, Robbie. I hope the Ravens will have another strong draft some time soon. Since Ray Lewis left we haven't drafted very many impact players. That was like 6 years ago.

I liked Stanley and CJ Mosely.
Hunter wrote:

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

rhendon wrote:
Aglets wrote:Good analysis, Robbie. I hope the Ravens will have another strong draft some time soon. Since Ray Lewis left we haven't drafted very many impact players. That was like 6 years ago.

Yes they seem good. So that's 2 impact guys in the last five drafts.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

kryptofis wrote: Browns will take the WR/QB passing Barkley to my Giants, who will also trade with Pats to get Rosen if he's still available.
lolwut?

There's no way the Browns are taking a WR before the Giants pick, and I have no idea what you're even trying to say with the Rosen stuff.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

kryptofis wrote:I wonder how many years Wilson has left to run like he used to. His ankles and back are not what they used to be...
At least when you're old and immobile all your life, you don't have to change your play style. And also Eli can see over his OL...
Wilson has never been a run-first QB anyway, and I don't seem to recall him having his career hampered by any inability to see over his OL.

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

I think the big story is how Josh Allen's tweets from high school will affect his draft stock. :roll:
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Crazy amount of instant optimism in this thread for San Francisco. Yes, quick turnarounds do happen in the NFL, but trying to identify which team will do it before it happens is always very tricky. For this season, I don't expect the 49ers to really even contend for the division title, much less threaten to make noise in the NFC playoffs.

Agree with rhendon about Baltimore drafting well.

For me, the most interesting thing about the first round will be seeing which Franchise gets sunk by selecting Josh Allen. I see real potential in this guy. Could be the next Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Aglets wrote:
rhendon wrote:

Yes they seem good. So that's 2 impact guys in the last five drafts.
That's better than a lot of teams. I don't even look at the 2017 draft yet since it is still way early. CJ is kind of a stud too already. I also only looked at their first round picks. Hitting just on those will do a lot for a team compared to missing. Perriman was the obvious exception. Growing up an Oilers fan and transitioning over to Titans casually, I hate it when they take a WR in the first. It is such a failure.
Hunter wrote:
kryptofis wrote: Browns will take the WR/QB passing Barkley to my Giants, who will also trade with Pats to get Rosen if he's still available.
lolwut?

There's no way the Browns are taking a WR before the Giants pick, and I have no idea what you're even trying to say with the Rosen stuff.
If Rosen is still available when Pats pick, Giants make a trade with NE to grab him.
Hunter wrote:Crazy amount of instant optimism in this thread for San Francisco. Yes, quick turnarounds do happen in the NFL, but trying to identify which team will do it before it happens is always very tricky. For this season, I don't expect the 49ers to really even contend for the division title, much less threaten to make noise in the NFC playoffs.

Agree with rhendon about Baltimore drafting well.

For me, the most interesting thing about the first round will be seeing which Franchise gets sunk by selecting Josh Allen. I see real potential in this guy. Could be the next Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.
I think they have a good head coach. They have a solid QB that could be better. They are on the up. No idea if they are competing for playoffs but they are 5-0 with Jimmy at QB. So I'd say they could at least get to 8-8 and depending on draft, free agency shoot for playoffs the following year.
Hunter wrote:

Return to “Off Topic”