kavanaugh

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

kavanaugh

Post by TB »

So when this Brett kavanaugh character gets sworn in, my beloved, free spirited US will be transformed into a hyper conservative hell hole for the next what.. 30 years? anti abortion, anti gay, anti modern and Trump will be impossible to impeach, right?

Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

WiseMarsellus

Re: kavanaugh

Post by WiseMarsellus »

i'm hoping with kennedy stepping down roberts moves a bit to the left. he's very conscious of the legacy of the court. i think they continue to use their expansive interpretation of the free speech clause to strike down non-speech things. but i don't think they go full right.

i'm hoping this isn't wishful thinking
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

TB wrote:and Trump will be impossible to impeach
SCOTUS doesn't impeach. I believe the chief justice presides over the trial in the senate though.
Greg Zinn

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Re: RE: Re: kavanaugh

Post by arebelspy »

Gergall wrote:
SCOTUS doesn't impeach. I believe the chief justice presides over the trial in the senate though.
SCOTUS may need to decide if he can be subpoenaed though.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

Gergall wrote:
scotus presumably answers the question of whether the president can be indicted, if that question is asked
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

timeofyouppi
GEMP Username: timeyouppi

Post by timeofyouppi »

Nixon would not have had to resign if he had won United States v. Nixon which forced him to reveal the Watergate tapes over his claim of executive privledge. It was a unanimous decision that should serve as a precedent for a Trump impeachment case, but with Kavanaugh along with Gorsuch holding Merrick Garland's seat anything could happen.
Ban Monnok and Grimtaash

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

:popcrn:

After he gets confirmed we can primary him or hope he gets bored in 2020. Having a dem take over won't be that bad with no major spots opening up in the near future.

Thanks!

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

dorshe1 wrote::popcrn:

After he gets confirmed we can primary him or hope he gets bored in 2020. Having a dem take over won't be that bad with no major spots opening up in the near future.

Thanks!
You're part of the 18 percent, huh?

http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/ ... ty-is-fake

https://thinkprogress.org/the-unprecede ... dde8373bf/

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Thanks!
At the rate our country is going, I would be surprised if some nut changed that. And since we allow our nuts to buy and carry guns, good luck. I know understand why the far right pushes for the 2nd amendment so much. Its so they can have their nuts cause damage. Well the left has nuts too. So good luck.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor

Post by Hobbie »

rhendon wrote:

Thanks!
At the rate our country is going, I would be surprised if some nut changed that. And since we allow our nuts to buy and carry guns, good luck. I know understand why the far right pushes for the 2nd amendment so much. Its so they can have their nuts cause damage. Well the left has nuts too. So good luck.
Did you just say that a liberal needs to do a mass shooting?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

rhendon wrote:

Thanks!
I will take my chances although it would not surprise me if liberals started the bloodletting on the supreme court.

Thanks!

dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

Hobbie wrote:
rhendon wrote:

Thanks!

Oh noes.. he is implying he wouldn't be 'surprised' (winky winky) if happened. And of course a liberal president would just have to appoint a hyper liberal in order to honor the spirit of the victim.

Thanks!

dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

dorshe1 wrote:
Hobbie wrote:
rhendon wrote:

Thanks!

Oh noes.. he is implying he wouldn't be 'surprised' (winky winky) if happened. And of course a liberal president would just have to appoint a hyper liberal in order to honor the spirit of the victim.

Thanks!
Also, I always think it is entertaining to see the outrage when Republicans use the same tactics as dems when they get power. They jam through the ACA using reconcilliation and are surprised when R's use it on other issues. They remove the filibuster for federal judges and are SHOCKED that the R's use it. Now they are talking about packing the supreme court... how do you think that will turn out after they lose an election.

Always amusing though.

Thanks!

Hobbie

Post by Hobbie »

WiseMarsellus wrote:i'm hoping with kennedy stepping down roberts moves a bit to the left. he's very conscious of the legacy of the court. i think they continue to use their expansive interpretation of the free speech clause to strike down non-speech things. but i don't think they go full right.

Roberts moved to the left as soon as he was sworn in...

--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

caldred

Post by caldred »

Hobbie wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:i'm hoping with kennedy stepping down roberts moves a bit to the left. he's very conscious of the legacy of the court. i think they continue to use their expansive interpretation of the free speech clause to strike down non-speech things. but i don't think they go full right.

Roberts moved to the left as soon as he was sworn in...

True but he's still quite conservative, and he hasn't moved as much as many others

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideologic ... 37-Now.png

caldred

Post by caldred »

dorshe1 wrote:
dorshe1 wrote:
Hobbie wrote:
rhendon wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks!
Also, I always think it is entertaining to see the outrage when Republicans use the same tactics as dems when they get power. They jam through the ACA using reconcilliation and are surprised when R's use it on other issues. They remove the filibuster for federal judges and are SHOCKED that the R's use it. Now they are talking about packing the supreme court... how do you think that will turn out after they lose an election.

Always amusing though.

Thanks!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... dedf714e78

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

dorshe1 wrote:
dorshe1 wrote:
Hobbie wrote:
rhendon wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks!

Always amusing though.

Thanks!
There are crazies on both sides. The far right has used imitation tactics and actual gun violence for years. I don't know why people think the far left is capable of anything better.

What outrage do I have? I don't give a *. If Roe v Wade is repealed, which is what a lot of the far right want with this court nomination, then you will likely see our country splintered into 2. Our country is a powder keg and ready to explode. This is mostly because of the stand offish on both sides. However, our president has further pushed this divide. He continues to do so every day because this is the only way he can stay in power. He has to inflame and manipulate his side.

I find it entertaining that his base is made up of white evangelicals. Let's compare him and the last president.

Which president has gotten a divorce (which was outlawed by the church originally)?
Which president has ignored his kids until they could talk business with him?
Which president has cheated on his wife multiple times?
Which president has made racial slurs and sexist comments and think it ok?

Obama was 1 million times the Christian Trump claims to be for that base. Yet Obama is hated and Trump isn't. This is where I know their beliefs are frauds. They don't have any beliefs. Its just a push for power. Its a push for control. Its all *.
Hunter wrote:

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

rhendon wrote:This is where I know their beliefs are frauds. They don't have any beliefs. Its just a push for power. Its a push for control. Its all *.
This x1000. Anyone who believes that Trump or the majority of the Republican lawmakers hold any sort of traditional Christian beliefs are * stupid. They just want the power and the paycheck and Christians are super easy votes to acquire.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Plus this has a very low % chance to push through repeal of AHCA. Now while it would be * hilarious to watch all those poor Republicans who don't know AHCA = Obamacare and they lose their health insurance and now have to pay a ton more or essentially rob tax payers blind by not paying the hospital, it would * over people I know. People I call friends and family and I'd hate to see them get hurt because a bunch of Republican voters are idiots that don't understand how health insurance works.
Hunter wrote:

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Not a fan of having two politics threads tbh.

My prediction:

Kavanaugh gets confirmed and then absolutely none of the crazy “doomsday” apocalyptic scenarios being proposed by the left in a (politically smart) attempt to motivate their base come to pass.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Return to “Off Topic”