President Marianne

BrenDerlin

President Marianne

Post by BrenDerlin »

My favorite thing about a Marianne Williamson presidency will be the just transition to a self-actualization-based economy, prompting New Zealand to begin harnessing love for political purposes.

Second will probably be slavery reparations.

What most excites you about our Orb Mother raising the collective consciousness of America?

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

JarJarDrinks

Re: President Marianne

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Raising the love frequency to a level where our souls can easily converse.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

My favorite thing about the Marianne Williamson Presidency will be feeling rested when I wake up from it.

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

Hunter wrote:My favorite thing about the Marianne Williamson Presidency will be feeling rested when I wake up from it.
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

my favorite part will be that at least she's not biden
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Not gonna Lie. I was totally gonna make this thread but with President Avenatti. :(
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

WiseMarsellus wrote:my favorite part will be that at least she's not biden
Biden: "Nothing will fundamentally change." So inspiring.
Greg Zinn

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

Gergall wrote:Biden: "Nothing will fundamentally change." So inspiring.

I don't know about you, but I'm fired up and ready to go.

EDIT: For those who actually care about context, this was from Biden talking to wealthy Democratic donors, trying to convince them that raising their taxes would result in the same quality of life, and "nothing would fundamentally change" for any of them. Unfortunately this is going to show up in a lot of ads and debate zingers without most people realizing where it came from.
PC Foils/AI/Chips Haves & Wants - let's make a deal
stubbly wrote:Echo Base Trooper is the Siri of SWCCG
Image Image

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

wow it sounds even worse in context.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

Aglets
Retired Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Trying to persuade rich people to be in favor of tax hikes is a bad thing?

I mean, from the perspective of someone who believes increasing tax rates will let us solve health care, college debt crisis, fix infrastructure, and generally bring in utopia (not my view to be clear).......why is that bad?

Is it better to yell at them that they better start paying their fair share because they're screwing everyone over?
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

Ideally he wouldn't be spending his time appealing to the top 0.1% at all.

It's a bad sign of where his priorities lie if he's spending more than 0.1% of his campaigning efforts on them.
Greg Zinn

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

BrenDerlin wrote:What most excites you about our Orb Mother raising the collective consciousness of America?
evangelion memes
-Keith Brown

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Aglets wrote:Trying to persuade rich people to be in favor of tax hikes is a bad thing?

I mean, from the perspective of someone who believes increasing tax rates will let us solve health care, college debt crisis, fix infrastructure, and generally bring in utopia (not my view to be clear).......why is that bad?

Is it better to yell at them that they better start paying their fair share because they're screwing everyone over?
Gergall pretty much nailed it. It shows that he is answerable to his special interest billionaire donors as opposed to the electorate.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

BrenDerlin wrote:
Hunter wrote:My favorite thing about the Marianne Williamson Presidency will be feeling rested when I wake up from it.
TBF, a well rested morning isn't the worst answer.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Seriously?

President Marianne? I really thought this was a joke until I read up a bit. Somebody mostly known for books on spirituality, Oprah talks and a famous speech wrongly accredited to Mandela now thinks she can solve real-world problems? Suppose you're in the desert, your car engine has problems, what would you prefer, a spiritual message about how everything in the universe is ultimately bound together, or to just get the damn car running? No doubt her speeches will be as brilliant as Obama's and now she can even write them herself! But quoting her on immigration raises more than an eyebrow for me:

https://www.marianne2020.com/issues/immigration
Marianne Williamson wrote: Both documented and undocumented immigrants are 46% less likely than native born U.S. citizens to commit a crime or be incarcerated.
Curious, if not to say fascinating! In my country they're roughly about 46% MORE likely to commit a crime (as a matter of fact, though carefully window dressed and hush hushed, about 70% of crime is done by immigrants while they form less than 20% of the population) but about 100% less likely to be in the mainstream news. But hey, that's Holland, we simply attract criminals like syrup attracts flies (crime fighting is a joke here, low punishment, little police and very little they can do), while trying to pretend everything's perfectly under control and integration works wonderfully well. And nobody wants to be called a racist of course. Mind you I don't blame immigrants, but the government. Amsterdam, one of the leftiest cities in the world, has recently planned to relocate a whole bunch of "difficult" asylum seekers (read: violent disturbances or worse) because the officials just couldn't handle them.

Besides the Netherlands being a paradise for criminals, I see another big difference with the US of A: the Netherlands hand out generous welfare to immigrants right away without a single day of working. This is another reason we attract many immigrants. And an important reason why in my country the costs of immigration far outweigh the benefit.

How does this work in the US? Is there any truth in her quote? I can imagine many Mexicans wanting to flee from a country ruled by the cartels and just wanting a better life. But mass immigration can be quite destabilizing. Williamson seems to claim immigration in the US is nothing but beneficial for the country. She seems more of a dreamer living in fairy tales (and all the spiritual babble doesn't help) than a realist to me. I wonder how close to the border she lives?

Looks more and more to me like Trump will have an easy victory in 2020.

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

I believe her immigration stats are based on this report from last year:

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/06/is-il ... ess-crime/
Alex Nowrasteh, with the libertarian Cato Institute, analyzed the Texas data to make a comparison of immigrants in the country illegally and native-born residents. In a recent post he noted that in 2015 Texas police made 815,689 arrests of native-born Americans, 37,776 arrests of immigrants in the country illegally and 20,323 arrests of legal immigrants. Given the relative populations for each group, he wrote, “The arrest rate for illegal immigrants was 40 percent below that of native-born Americans.”

In addition, he wrote, the homicide arrest rate for native-born Americans was “about 46 percent higher than the illegal immigrant homicide arrest rate.”

Other research from the Cato Institute attempted to provide national estimates. A study published on June 4 used data from the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey for 2016 and applied statistical modeling to estimate the number of incarcerated immigrants in the country illegally. It filtered the data using characteristics correlated with being an immigrant in the country illegally, such as whether someone is a noncitizen but has not served in the military or received Social Security income. The research concluded: “Illegal immigrants are 47 percent less likely to be incarcerated than natives.” (And legal immigrants are even less likely to be in jail or prison.)
The Washington Post has this same study with charts and graphs, if it's easier to look at it with visual aids - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... 689a52d7b0

While I think studies like this do help show that this is no statistical correlation between immigrants and an increase in violent crime, I am skeptical about this single study being used by so many to beat the drum of "immigrants = less crime". This is looking at a single state for a single year, and the landscape may be very different in other areas of the country. For example, an immigrant may be more wary of committing crimes in death-friendly Texas than, say, a sanctuary city in California.

It also shows that undocumented immigrants have much higher arrest numbers than legal immigrants, which probably makes a strong argument for demanding legal immigration. I suspect that may be why Wiliamson decides to lump the two groups together in her quote.
PC Foils/AI/Chips Haves & Wants - let's make a deal
stubbly wrote:Echo Base Trooper is the Siri of SWCCG
Image Image

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

of course it's not serious. she's a joke candidate. it will most likely be one of biden sanders warren harris buttigieg or booker. i'd expect all of them except biden to beat trump. i most prefer sanders.

her statement about immigrants is correct.

as an aside, i don't know much about holland but i'm skeptical of your claims. that narrative also exists in the united states. in a vacuum it seems more likely to me that you are being misled by the same kind of propaganda than that there is a vast conspiracy of your media and government to cover up the crimes of immigrants for no apparent gain
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

WiseMarsellus wrote:of course it's not serious. she's a joke candidate. it will most likely be one of biden sanders warren harris buttigieg or booker. i'd expect all of them except biden to beat trump. i most prefer sanders.

her statement about immigrants is correct.

as an aside, i don't know much about holland but i'm skeptical of your claims. that narrative also exists in the united states. in a vacuum it seems more likely to me that you are being misled by the same kind of propaganda than that there is a vast conspiracy of your media and government to cover up the crimes of immigrants for no apparent gain
I literally hold the exact opposite beliefs and think he's still a long shot.

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

That would be so depressing.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Return to “Off Topic”