I'm going to upload the image of the spoilers:
Big Take Aways:
* Kylo Ren turns good
* Kylo Ren dies (somewhat unceremoniously too)
* Emperor isn't fully explained
* Rey is the granddaughter of the Emperor
* Rey's parents didn't abandon her, they left her on Jakku to hide her from the Emperor (ala hiding Luke on Tatooine), but they are found and killed
* Rey uses the title of Skywalker, at the end, in a fashion similar to that of Jedi, something I think a lot of people called - that Skywalker =/= Jedi going forward
* There is a few "fake deaths" - Chewie and C3PO
* Snoke isn't fully explained, but is mentioned as being an apprentice to the Emperor after the death of Vader
* Leia dies of old age
* Luke does not get reincarnated
* Ending scene is ROTJ ending 2.0
1) This whole movie just sounds laughably bad. Which is kind of what we all knew going in I think. I am amazed at just how much of the ball was dropped for this trilogy. And how much can we put at the feet of Kennedy or Johnson or other execs? Did Johnson changing so much up in TLJ and leaving no setup for TROS really screw things up?
2) The idea of the Emperor back is both ok/bad. If he was used in Ep7 it wouldn't have been too bad maybe? But being in the 3rd of this trilogy, and with how badly received and reviewed TLJ was, it reeks of desperation. But they could have made it an interesting angle.
3) I definitely think the idea that Rey is the grand daughter of Emperor Palpatine was a last second idea.
4) I think we all called the idea that Skywalker was going to be new term for Jedi going forward if they ever do decide to make EP10+
5) I don't know where this movie leaves the universe as a whole. Where does DnD's set of movies take place? How will they factor in? Will this hurt/make better The Mandalorian (honestly the only SW thing I'm looking forward to)?
6) Snoke .... well, this completely makes him irrelevant and pointless as a character. We find out he was an apprentice that the Emperor found after Vader. And that the Emperor distilled in him just a complete hatred for Luke; thus why he turns Kylo and why he has that seemingly pointed hatred for Luke. Its also revealed that the Emperor basically used him to setup a war (ala Clone Wars) to buy himself time to reveal himself for a final assault and attempt at getting Rey to turn to the dark side and for him to regain control of the galaxy. YAWN
7) Sadly, after TLJ and Solo (which - TLJ was horrible, and Solo wasn't bad, but not good enough and not what we needed/I wanted in a SW movie) I knew going in that I was going to be upset by this movie, and kind of have a "hate-watch" approach to it. And these spoilers basically just confirm that.