Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Re: Star Wars - The Clone Wars

Post by Corran »

I think the reason that I'm enjoying this season as much as I am has to do with the way it feels like The Clone Wars. We all remember the big arcs in the show, but there was a lot of filler in the original show as well. Not to mention, The Clone Wars was prior to the Disney acquisition, so it has one foot in Legends continuity as well. I'm not saying I wouldn't have enjoyed a season long arc or for more to feel consequential, but these filler arcs let me feel like the show could go on forever, or they could do a Dark Times show following Ahsoka and other Clone Wars characters in the years between Episode III and Rebels.

My only criticism is that I'd rather the Bad Batch and Ahsoka arcs be three episodes and have two stand alone episodes or make the final 6 episodes into two connected arcs. Still, I think the final four episodes will round out the series and give it the ending it deserves.

Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
ketwol wrote: There are good cards which aren't frequently played and blow people out. You just have to invest some time and be creative ;)

jcb213
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jcb213 »

I am pretty disappointed with the first 8 episodes too. They weren’t bad, but they definitely felt like filler and each of those arcs could have been 3 episodes. Episode 9 was the quality I was expecting for the entire season based on the advertising push.

My biggest disappointment is that they didn’t devote 1-2 episodes to how Maul escaped from Palpatine. Last time we saw him Palpatine captured him and now he’s back in control of the crime syndicates with no explanation. I know that stuff was covered in some comic book, but I don’t consume Star Wars media beyond the movies and shows anymore (other than reading the Zahn trilogy and x-wing novels to my kids) and that story really deserved to be told in this season to fill in that gap.
James Barnes

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
April 17th, 2020, 9:11 am
the first one was pretty strong so i'm pretty optimistic too. idk why they couldn't have done the whole season like this though.
In hindsight, it seems like the first 2/3 of the season were to just build Asoka's character. Defining her stance of not being a jedi, but a protector of the people (which is what a jedi is supposed to be. Not a political puppet). She now has a different perspective of life outside the order, and just wants to do what's "right." I really didn't like the prior 3 episodes as I just couldn't get into the supporting characters. Those sisters drove me nuts. But they did serve the purpose of giving Asoka a different outlook. This weeks episode was just straight FIRE. All the little Easter Eggs. Realizing that this would be the last time she saw Anakin, until the duel in the Dark Jedi Temple many years later. A quick cameo of a young Kanan Jarrus in the JCC. The look on Anakins face when he catches wind of Obi's love of Satine Kryze. Priceless! I cannot wait to see the next episode.
DVD ROTS wrote:EPP Drunk Kyle with 1/3-full Bottle of Vodka leads one to draw certain conclusions, though.

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

jcb213 wrote:
April 18th, 2020, 3:10 pm
I am pretty disappointed with the first 8 episodes too. They weren’t bad, but they definitely felt like filler and each of those arcs could have been 3 episodes. Episode 9 was the quality I was expecting for the entire season based on the advertising push
My biggest disappointment is that they didn’t devote 1-2 episodes to how Maul escaped from Palpatine. Last time we saw him Palpatine captured him and now he’s back in control of the crime syndicates with no explanation. I know that stuff was covered in some comic book, but I don’t consume Star Wars media beyond the movies and shows anymore (other than reading the Zahn trilogy and x-wing novels to my kids) and that story really deserved to be told in this season to fill in that gap.
There is speculation that the "Son of Dathomir" mini series may be re-adapted back into the Clone Wars sometime after this season. They were originally scripted to be done in season 6, but not completed. So instead, they made a comic mini series out of it. It's worth the read, and would answer all your questions.
DVD ROTS wrote:EPP Drunk Kyle with 1/3-full Bottle of Vodka leads one to draw certain conclusions, though.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

It's pretty clear that they put a lot of time and effort into the last arc. I loved how they showed character growth in Anakin by having him use Obiwan's fake surrender strategy from the movie. Also, I loved seeing the Clones salute Ahsoka even though she's not technically part of the army any more. Ahsoka calling out Obiwan for abandoning her cause for the battle of coruscant and saying she wasn't trying to be fair. Amazing stuff!
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
ketwol wrote: There are good cards which aren't frequently played and blow people out. You just have to invest some time and be creative ;)

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

I've enjoyed the entire season. I already had seen the Bad Batch arc in the Clone Wars Legacy multimedia project, but it was cool to finally see it finished. There were also a couple of great touches and additions to the story (like the scene of Rex reminiscing in the first episode). Seeing Anakin walk perilously close to the dark side was great when he killed Trench.

I really enjoyed the Ahsoka walkabout. We never got to see anything about what she did after she left the order and I am glad they went back to explore that before the Siege of Mandalore. Having the Night Owls (Ursa Wren!) appear in the last couple of episodes to setup the Siege of Mandalore was excellent though I am a bit curious how much time had passed between the walkabout arc and the Siege arc (since the walkabout has to occur before the Bad Batch chronologically).

And the first episode of the Siege...what can I say, might be my favorite episode of the show ever. Look forward to editing all four episodes into one movie length feature :-D

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

O.M.G. the ending to this week's episode was chilling.

"Let me go! Let me die! WE ARE ALL GOING TO BURN! WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! You don’t know what you are doing!"

Also, super glad that Maul at least briefly mentioned the events from Darth Maul - Son of Dathomir

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

The last two episodes have been excellent.
Spoiler
Show
Where do they take place chronologically compared to eposide 3? I thought clone wars was before ep3 but this seems like its happening during it?

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

isn't it pretty explicit that the last two episodes are overlapping with the start of ep3?

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

The Franchise wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 1:49 pm
Spoiler
Show
Where do they take place chronologically compared to eposide 3? I thought clone wars was before ep3 but this seems like its happening during it?
I haven't seen today's episode, but the Battle of Coruscant at the beginning of Episode 3 is where Anakin and Obiwan were headed in last week's episode, explaining where Rex was during Episode 3.

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

The Franchise wrote:
April 24th, 2020, 1:49 pm
Spoiler
Show
"They asked you to spy on me, didn't they?" Palpatine talking to Anakin.

"Hello There." Obi-Wan confronting Greivas.

Round about this time frame.

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Spoiler
Show
Yeah, Obi-Wan's conversation with Obi-Wan in the episode takes place after Anakin was asked to spy on Palpatine and just before Obi-Wan leaves for Utupau.
Episode 11 synopsis spoiler
Spoiler
Show
The episode 11 synopsis says that Order 66 says in that episode.

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Also, I'd love 332nd Company clone troopers in the game with some interaction with Ahsoka

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Another amazing episode. All this does is confirm to me that Dave Filoni (and to a certain extent, Jon Favreau) should be in charge Star Wars film and show creative efforts.

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Loved the Blade Runner-esque synth score in ep. 11!
http://www.mymero.com

Ryloth Region
ImageImage

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

While I absolutely loved the final arc and final episode in itself, I don’t particularly feel satisfied with the conclusion. It didn’t really settle anything more about where Ashoka or Rex go between here and Rebels

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

Very strong ending. I can’t wait to see the next chapter.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 6:14 pm
While I absolutely loved the final arc and final episode in itself, I don’t particularly feel satisfied with the conclusion. It didn’t really settle anything more about where Ashoka or Rex go between here and Rebels
Yep, definitely agreed. That said, a very good season overall.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

The last arc makes me wish for a "Dark Times" series.
They will probably always leave some unexplained or "not yet shown" stuff out there to make us want for more.
If the result will be something like the last arc, then I'm nothing but happy.
I always wanted to know what happened to Ahsoka and Rex at the end of the Clone Wars and this delivered.

For me these last 4 episodes were "pure Star Wars". Love the Clone Wars!
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 6:14 pm
The Mandalorian season 2 will reintroduce Ahsoka. Rosario Dawson will probably play her.
https://www.imdb.com/video/vi2565651993 ... s025720609
http://www.mymero.com

Ryloth Region
ImageImage

Return to “Off Topic”