Explanation of Trump speech needed

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Explanation of Trump speech needed

Post by TB »

Guys, I need to get my head around something. I believe in people. I think people are in general good and clever. and that they want good things in life.

Americans are great people. the work hard, they fight for fairness and have heart.

a few days back I saw trumps post impeachment speech and it send terror through my veins. Who talks like that? what has happened?

How can almost 50 percent of you guys want this guy in control of your country?

Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Re: Explanation of Trump speech needed

Post by Gergall »

TB wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 3:24 pm
I believe in people. I think people are in general good and clever. and that they want good things in life.

Americans are great people. the work hard, they fight for fairness and have heart.
Well there's your problem.
Greg Zinn

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

ok. so that is no longer true. well. that breaks my heart. did you see the speech? can we agree that it was completely insane? or am I losing it too? I feel Trumpism is poisoning my mind. seriously- the world has flipped. weird and cruel things are now just totally ok.
Results:

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

Did you not see all 4 federal prosecutors quit Stone case after DOJ overrules prosecutors on sentencing request (basically in protest because trump is using his executive power to get his friend off the hook) ?

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

Hayes wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 3:39 pm
Did you not see all 4 federal prosecutors quit Stone case after DOJ overrules prosecutors on sentencing request (basically in protest because trump is using his executive power to get his friend off the hook) ?
eh, what? NO! That hasn't been a thing here. Sounds insane. Would you care to elaborate? The Department of justice overruled a sentence that would have nailed roger stone? I remember the case vaguely from a few months back, I think. The white haired and rather eccentric guy, right?
Results:

Hayes

Post by Hayes »

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

ok now I got it.

So.. honestly, how is this not a de facto coup detat? a post modern, high tech, lawyer driven state coup by a superrich cadre of business-aristocrats?

sorry for the tin foil hat thing..
Results:

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

sorry. obviously that is taking it too far. im not a conspiracy guy. but I m a writer and.. those guys.. they scare me in a bond-villain come true fashion that ever never felt before. My spy novel comes out next month. It sets up an international homeland-ish setting with elections being tampered with and so forth. we had to rewrite several passages because trump just did and said crazier stuff and crazier spy/psyops stuff happened in the middleeast while I wrote than what I came up with. I had to make the novel more crazy than my first draft. Seriously : )
Results:

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

Nah you're 100% right and everything is just insane over here.

50% of Americans support him because it pisses off the other 50%, because Americans might work hard, but we're also all sniveling children.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

50% of voters, TB. Most of the country doesn't care or isn't affected.
Bill Kafer
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.
Corran wrote:Honestly, Tacobill should just be the boss of SWCCG.

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

Fair enough re: voters. However, if we're going go down the nitpicky road, it was actually only 46.1% of voters that voted for Trump, while a little over 48% voted for Clinton. Unfortunately the way we elect officials is also completely ass backwards so he still won.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

why dont you fix that insane voting system? id take 10 killarys over this baboon. More people voted for her after all.

Honestly. I am embarrassed somehow. you'll have to understand that all us in the west feel a bit american too. We more or less have been copying your wonderful nation since the 50ties. I loved it so much. that light version of the american lifestyle was the backbone of my upbringing. of cause mixed with local stuff that reaches back thousands of years, but still.

We feel a bit american and it stings to see him and those guys run things. populist fools are popping up over here too in these years. Brexit was a huge hit, but I think we are beginning to control them. One guy left in Hungary, a few in Poland. Italy has some tendencies in that direction too, but overall were coping. I hope. im not sure.

But on your side of the pond trump is destroying all opposition with an army of lawyers and that weak resignation of the GOP. from afar it looks totally insane. and not like something that is going away anytime soon. who should beat him? and even if someone does how would he continue "normal" politics after that?
Results:

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

TacoBill wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 4:13 pm
really? he has drowned you in insane press and people have resigned? Sounds fair. I often feel the same thing. I REALLY just prefer to not think about it. thats terrible.
Results:

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by Hobbie »

TB wrote: and even if someone does how would he continue "normal" politics after that?
Things will never go back to the way things were if that's what you mean.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

There's definitely been a whole shift in the political and social arena since Trump left office. More of an "us vs them" mindset. More partisan politics. More "extreme left" and "extreme right" politics with the middle road viewed as either compromised by the "enemy" or ineffectual. I think the Democratic Party, despite not being Trump's party, has basically followed his lead and played his game, and you can't out-Trump Trump.

One recent statement that I admired, despite my previous misgivings of the man (I did not vote for him in 2012), was Romney's speech following his vote to convict Trump.
Corrupting an election to keep oneself in office is perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of one’s oath of office that I can imagine …

Does anyone seriously believe I would consent to these consequences other than from an inescapable conviction that my oath before God demanded it of me? …

With my vote, I will tell my children and their children that I did my duty to the best of my ability, believing that my country expected it of me.
There was an Atlantic article that offered some good commentary on it: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ch/606307/

As far as what the future holds, I do not know. There are still decent, honorable people in politics, but it does seem that the "us vs them" team mindset politics rules the day (and has honestly ruled the day in American politics for the last 20+ years, though never in quite so nasty a fashion).
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

TB wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 4:23 pm
TacoBill wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 4:13 pm
really? he has drowned you in insane press and people have resigned? Sounds fair. I often feel the same thing. I REALLY just prefer to not think about it. thats terrible.
One thing worth thinking about is that states still have a lot of individual identity that can go head to head with national identity. I would probably consider myself to be a Californian (specifically Southern Californian) even more than being an American (especially in light of the last 4 years). The scale of this country can make things like Trump feel very distant. There's also the fact that the US economy is very strong right now, and despite constant worries, has remained strong so far during his presidency. Popular sentiment is often tied to peoples' bank accounts (Bill Clinton's famous campaign tag-line when he defeated Bush Sr. in '92 was "it's the economy, stupid.") If people are doing fine financially, they may be more apt to ignore the ignoramus in office.
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

It's not just Trump. It's global. Look at Putin in Russia. Le Pen in France. Duerte. Erdogan.

Look at Brexit.

The world is becoming more authoritarian, less free and that's what the majority of people want.

That's what they're voting for. Not just here, but in more and more places around the world.

And yes, it scares the * outta me. I have kids.

The pendulum swings one way. It'll swing back. I hope not too much damage is done in the meantime.

I grieve for those harmed while it is this way (see: children separated from parents at the border, as one example).
Last edited by arebelspy on February 12th, 2020, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

arebelspy wrote:
February 12th, 2020, 6:44 pm
that's what the majority of people want
One could come to that conclusion when you see the outcome (and the votes, obviously) but I really think it has a lot to do with lack of education (critical thinking skills especially, not just book-smart/college educated, etc) and immense efforts on the parts of these power-mongers in terms of misinformation. We know that Russia interfered in our 2016 election, we only failed to prove that Trump knew about it. Plus there's always those people that when pressed for why they voted for Trump the best they can give you is either that "he's God's candidate" (basically because he ran Pence, a known evangelical psycho, as VP), he's a good businessman (which he isn't), or that the voter just hates liberals and/or Hilary (usually for equally invalid and/or made up reasons).
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Whatever the reasons are, 47% of people polled approve of the job Trump is doing.

Sure, you can call them misinformed or deceived. But that is what they think.

Baron Soontir Fel
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Holotable username: Baron Soontir Fel
GEMP Username: BSF

Post by Baron Soontir Fel »

Generally speaking it is nice to see some political topics popping up here, never dared to open one here though..

We do obviously agree that we live in dangerous times. Corporate controlled media (war mongering press), more and more less personal freedom and the next world wide financial crisis on the horizon. FIAT money system is about to crash rather sooner than later. But back to topic.

Personally me as non American found Hillary has always been a bigger thread to conflicts getting hot than Trump.
I think the last 3 years of the Trump presidency had brought no further hot conflicts. I am sure that with Hillary the war against Iran would have been already kicked off.

Trump is acting quite smart by pretending to the real decision makers in Washington that he is a dumb and
flat-head politician. But as a matter of fact he has been the most peaceful american president since a long time ago.

Personally, I wished that Sanders would have been elected into office. But if i am not mistaken his campaign was sabotaged by the Hillary wing.

Return to “Off Topic”