What are we watching

The Franchise

What are we watching

Post by The Franchise »

So the ohio lockdown has stopped my preferred entertainment option (unlimited movie pass at theater with recliners)

But that has allowed time to watch some tv. Anyone got good suggestions for stuff on netflix/hulu/disney/hbo/amazon?

I watched all 4 seasons of black sails on hulu in like 10 days. Watched the tiger show on netflix.

About half way through season 1 of bojack horseman, seems alright so far

Sort of considering deadwood, the wire, breaking bad, and/or mad men- any suggestions on ones to avoid?

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Re: What are we watching

Post by Corran »

My wife and I finally started Twin Peaks. I love it and she doesn't get it(her words). We also watched the McMillions docuseries on HBO.

On Netflix, we loved "I am Not Okay With This," and "The Politician."

On Amazon, we watched "Greener Grass," a film festival circuit film from last year that is maybe the weirdest movie I've ever seen. Also, Jim Gaffigan's film "Troop Zero" is super heartwarming and stuff.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Have you gone thru Curb your Enthusiasm Brad?
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Aglets wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 12:14 pm
Yeah i have- i came to the curb party late but watched all of it and have watched live the last few seasons. A re-watch wouldnt be terrible though. Tim- what did you think of the most recent season?

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

The Wire and Breaking Bad are worth it, can't speak to the other 2.

We just finished The Expanse and I would highly recommend. I like Altered Carbon (half done with season 2 now) but wife doesn't.

Hulu has Futurama which is easily my favorite show. Also 300+ episodes of Bleach if you want to stray into anime territory without diving too deep.

Westworld was pretty good, and they're doing the new season now.

Parks and Rec, Community, Sherlock, House, Band of Brothers, The Blacklist, House of Cards (except for the last season), Vikings, Brooklyn 99, and Lucifer were all worth watching, imo.
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

The Franchise wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 12:01 pm
Sort of considering deadwood, the wire, breaking bad, and/or mad men- any suggestions on ones to avoid?
All great choices. I'm currently rewatching the wire.

other stuffs:
Sopranos
BSG
weeds
californiacation
oz
shameless
house of cards
the tudors
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

The Franchise wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 12:35 pm
Aglets wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 12:14 pm
Yeah i have- i came to the curb party late but watched all of it and have watched live the last few seasons. A re-watch wouldnt be terrible though. Tim- what did you think of the most recent season?
Halfway through so far. Will report back when done. A little underwhelmed actually as of now.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

rsersen
Booster Box
Booster Box
GEMP Username: rsersen

Post by rsersen »

Curb: We'd been meaning to get caught up for a while, but finally got the opportunity to binge the last couple seasons and get current....just in time for last Sunday's finale. Boo.

Westworld: Started a few days ago, and finished S1 last night. She started getting a little lost over the last couple episodes, and pretty much over it now, but I'm hooked and can't wait to start S2.

Shameless: I think we watched the first episode of this season when it premiered, and then our Showtime trial ran out. The show is a shell of what it used to be, so I'm not in a rush to re-up or spend the time trying to find episodes on the high seas. Maybe if we get desperate enough.

Better Call Saul: Been debating whether to start binging. We both loved BB, and we watched the first 5-6 episodes of Saul like two years ago, so we'd start from scratch. I remember those episodes being decent, but didn't really hook me the way BB did, and not sure it's worth going through 4-5 seasons if it doesn't pick up. Can anyone who's current comment on that?
arebelspy wrote:
May 13th, 2020, 10:16 pm
Agree with Ryan.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

If youre feeling like a sixty year old, I would recommend The West Wing, which is what I'm doing (although I'm 36)
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

Ghosttrain

Post by Ghosttrain »

Westworld is excellent and the 3rd season just started airing.
Lord Jannister

Time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth...

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

rsersen wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 2:48 pm
Curb: We'd been meaning to get caught up for a while, but finally got the opportunity to binge the last couple seasons and get current....just in time for last Sunday's finale. Boo.

Westworld: Started a few days ago, and finished S1 last night. She started getting a little lost over the last couple episodes, and pretty much over it now, but I'm hooked and can't wait to start S2.

Shameless: I think we watched the first episode of this season when it premiered, and then our Showtime trial ran out. The show is a shell of what it used to be, so I'm not in a rush to re-up or spend the time trying to find episodes on the high seas. Maybe if we get desperate enough.

Better Call Saul: Been debating whether to start binging. We both loved BB, and we watched the first 5-6 episodes of Saul like two years ago, so we'd start from scratch. I remember those episodes being decent, but didn't really hook me the way BB did, and not sure it's worth going through 4-5 seasons if it doesn't pick up. Can anyone who's current comment on that?
Better Call Saul just gets better and better. It’s not Breaking Bad, but it is excellent all the way through.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
seitaer wrote: Corran's streams are great, even if he likes the last jedi

AdmiralMotti89
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by AdmiralMotti89 »

I actually am both enjoying Picard and the RLM videos eviscerating it.

I should probably start watching the Clone Wars but I've been putting it off since the Mandalorian ended so I don't know if that's going to happen. The Americans is on Amazon and I've heard that's good.
Eric Garchow
My eBay Store 10% off orders of 10+ items, plus free shipping on orders of $50+
My Trade Thread
My videos/photos of opening sealed SWCCG + other SWCCG things.
My Frequently Updating SWCCG Wants List

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

just did westworld in s1.. it was good

Platypus
GEMP Username: platy

Post by Platypus »

If you haven't seen the Wire, that's a good start.
BSG 13-6 AGOT 2-0 AH 1-0 I also played SWCCG :)

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

Lots of Horror and Sci-Fi.
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Hadn't been consuming streaming services months ahead of pandemic, haven't picked them back up since thanks :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

marines28
GEMP Username: marines28

Post by marines28 »

3MW0J8 wrote:
March 26th, 2020, 12:30 am
Hadn't been consuming streaming services months ahead of pandemic, haven't picked them back up since thanks :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Understandable. I cannot find any Pittsburgh Steelers highlights, either. :???

:rimshot :popcrn:
Steviegets112 wrote:The same 5 people are going to win consistently and there really isn't much any of you can do about it.
3MW0J8 wrote:
xblack: from now on it will be
xblack: gl/hf/nr
better damn believe it.
DTartagOne wrote: Yeah I agree with @marines28

Hutch
GEMP Username: hutch

Post by Hutch »

I've been in binge mode since Sunday. I'm up to season 5 of Walking Dead after 3 and half days. I figure it's good homework for when this place goes to *.

Also on my list after this:
-Catch up on last few seasons of Clone Wars
-Catch back up on Rebels (left off in Season 2)
-Watched first episode of the Tiger Kings (I like * crazy people shows)
-Last season of Better Call Saul
-Finish off Rick & Morty (on season 3)
3rd place 2016 Virginia States; 3rd place 2017 Virginia States; Top 8 Euro MPC 2018; 5th place 2018 German Nationals; 5th Place 2018 Kashyyyk Regionals; 3rd place 2018 Massachusetts States; 2019 Massachusetts League Champion; 3rd place 2019 Nal Hutta Regionals
Honorary member of Team Wales & Pretty much the best player in East Africa.

Kimura
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Kimura »

Anyone into animated series should check out Primal by Genndy Tartakovsky. Only one season so far, but it's pretty darn good for a show with no actual dialogue.

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

The Franchise wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 12:01 pm
Sort of considering the wire, breaking bad...
Sort of considering??? These are the most brilliant shows ever. You'll need some patience but it will be rewarded. The wire has the realism, Breaking Bad the quirky humor and camerawork.

Other recommended shows:
The Boys (kind of an anti super hero show, clever, while often below the belt too but it looks great and is lotsa fun)
Homeland
Better Call Saul (but first check Breaking Bad)
Daredevil (cancelled, but 3 there's seasons)
Almost Human (android cop partners with Karl Urban, it's just one season but good fun)
Big Little Lies (seems a woman's show but is really funny)
(First season of) Mr Robot
(First season of) Westworld

Avoid like COVID-19:
Star Trek Discovery (flat characters, painful on the eyes)
Mindhunter (a yawner, just lots of talking with nothing going on)
The Handmaid's tale (just too depressing and it loses relevance when politically correctly steering away from islam in the 2nd season)
Arrow (starts alright but it got progressively worse with every season)
The Flash (ditto)
Supergirl (awful from the start)
Batwoman (appalling from the start)
Last edited by FlorisV on March 26th, 2020, 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Off Topic”