Palpatine's Contingency / Ultimate Goal Using Canon Citations

hanotsri

Palpatine's Contingency / Ultimate Goal Using Canon Citations

Post by hanotsri »

Ever since Star Wars - The Rise of Skywalker and its subsequent novelization and Visual Dictionary, I really wanted to go back through the Canon and try and flesh out Palpatine's Contingency and ultimate goal. I re-read some important Canon material and then wrote out an outline based on that material. It goes without saying that there is a certain amount of speculation involved, given the fact that LFL didn't easily connect the dots for us (something I do fault them for). But I tried to base that speculation on information found in the Canon (rather than pulling it out of a hat). I also don't necessarily believe that Palpatine was the planned bad guy at the end of the sequel trilogy. After researching and writing this, I believe they established things within Canon that would have always made his return a possibility.

Be forewarned, this is pretty long and it goes into some pretty deep areas of Canon., but there is a heavy amount of citation throughout. This is my first draft and I will likely polish it up and update it as new Canon material becomes available. I know full well that this will not change anyone's mind about anything (nor is it intended to). I just thought some may be interested in a perspective on what Palpatine was up to using the sources.

http://palpatinian.weebly.com/the-contingency.html

Enjoy (or not)!

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Re: Palpatine's Contingency / Ultimate Goal Using Canon Citations

Post by deck »

Well done! Super in depth, and filled in a lot of gaps for me. It doesn't make me like ROS any more, but I do like that some of the bones were there for some of the ridiculousness.

Only noticed one typo, something like snoke was "on this experiment" instead of "of" -- something long is going to be tough to edit, so I thought I'd mention it.
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

hanotsri

Re: Palpatine's Contingency / Ultimate Goal Using Canon Citations

Post by hanotsri »

deck wrote:
July 14th, 2020, 8:02 am
Well done! Super in depth, and filled in a lot of gaps for me. It doesn't make me like ROS any more, but I do like that some of the bones were there for some of the ridiculousness.

Only noticed one typo, something like snoke was "on this experiment" instead of "of" -- something long is going to be tough to edit, so I thought I'd mention it.
Thanks Mike! I am glad you enjoyed it. I'll be sure to correct the typo. Much appreciated.

Return to “Off Topic”