D&D Music

Wokling
GEMP Username: ototoi

D&D Music

Post by Wokling »

Any of you play D&D?

My good friend has been writing and producing music to accompany D&D sessions. It's very good stuff. Here's his bandcamp: https://boykingofidaho.bandcamp.com/releases

He also can be found on Patreon under the Boy King of Idaho.

Edit: Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Wokling on July 30th, 2020, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

CRG
GEMP Username: CRG

Re: D&D Music

Post by CRG »

Just starting back up, actually. Teaching oldest. If there is a a remote (discord, eg) organized game I’d Swccg’ers I could join, that’d be great.
Primers and Decklist/Match up/Game Libraries for: Hyperdrive (V) and Hunt Down. Teach your kid SWCCG!

TRM Farm apologist and member of:
rsersen wrote:
February 25th, 2020, 1:51 pm
MYWHL club

Wokling

Post by Wokling »

CRG wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 7:57 pm
Just starting back up, actually. Teaching oldest. If there is a a remote (discord, eg) organized game I’d Swccg’ers I could join, that’d be great.
Nice! I had a game going with friends two or three years ago (DM'ed by the musician I plugged above). Before that, I hadn't played in 15 years. It was a lot of fun. A game with SWCCGers would be interesting.

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Sent it to my buddy to use for our sessions.
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

CRG wrote:Just starting back up, actually. Teaching oldest. If there is a a remote (discord, eg) organized game I’d Swccg’ers I could join, that’d be great.
I'd be willing to try this. (Never done D&D but wanted to for a long time; have done Gloomhaven, which I've heard is similar in concept.)

I am assuming a video group chat?

Is there anyone willing to DM?

Something Star Wars themed would be sweet.

I'd be happy to chip in my share, or more, if something (guidebooks or whatever) needed to be purchased.

Wokling

Post by Wokling »

Thanks, Bill!

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

I'll send it to my friends that stream theirs on Twitch to check out too.
arebelspy wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 9:51 pm

I'd be happy to chip in my share, or more, if something (guidebooks or whatever) needed to be purchased.
Video chat on discord probably.

Roll 20 or D&D beyond have good online options. Roll 20 lets you do maps and such on there. D&D lets you manage a campaign and share books (think roll 20 has this too).

If you do something Star Wars related, the FFG ones are really different than D&D but are good roleplaying options. There is a D&D (well D20) based Star Wars just really old. No idea if it was kept up with or not.

I have this one that was written by some of the old BioWare writers/game designers that I want to run or play in. It looks like fun and goes from lvl 1 to lvl 15. It is Greek myth based and basically party are heroes trying to reach the hero status of other Greek heroes. It is just a module to run on D&D.

maxbeedo
LS Region: Dantooine
LS Region: Dantooine

Post by maxbeedo »

I'm currently in two D&D campaigns and a Traveler campaign. Whenever we played in-person (a long time ago, in a galaxy...) we would play music like this for the mood, but it's more awkward online, especially in my groups that are 8 players where there's a lot of noise already. One D&D campaign is using Fantasy Grounds (Unity) and Discord, which automates a lot of things and where only the DM needs a license to run it (the players can use the demo version), and the other the DM just set up webcams for himself and the board and uses Skype (although we've tried to convince the DM otherwise). I don't really have time to run a game on top of all that, plus I'm prepping to run the next campaign for my group whenever one of the above finishes, but I can offer advice if needed.

Wokling

Post by Wokling »

Thanks, Robbie!

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: Shawnd1984

Post by shawnd1984 »

arebelspy wrote:
July 29th, 2020, 9:51 pm
CRG wrote:Just starting back up, actually. Teaching oldest. If there is a a remote (discord, eg) organized game I’d Swccg’ers I could join, that’d be great.
I'd be willing to try this. (Never done D&D but wanted to for a long time; have done Gloomhaven, which I've heard is similar in concept.)

From my limited experience, almost anything pop culture with a fan base has/had a role playing format, all with varying degrees of entertainment value. I've played the following: Star Wars (three different versions!), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (which I never was a fan of, but the game was fun), Street Fighter (which was probably my favorite overall), Dungeons and Dragons, the Civil War (I take it back, this is the best one) and something called Mutant Chronicles

I wish I had more time to fit in one of these games. Doesn't help that I go to bed at 8:45 :lol:
3MW0J8 wrote: "B-but... Muh Force drain bonuses!".

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy »

shawnd1984 wrote: I wish I had more time to fit in one of these games. Doesn't help that I go to bed at 8:45 Image
Is that new, post-kid? Image

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

arebelspy wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 11:43 am
shawnd1984 wrote: I wish I had more time to fit in one of these games. Doesn't help that I go to bed at 8:45 Image
Is that new, post-kid? Image
I was already rocking the early bedtime. But now it's not as much of a choice haha. It's amazing how much feeling as though you have a CHOICE to wake up/go to bed early factors in with regards to how you feel.

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

While on the D&D topic, I would recommend this podcast:
https://dungeonsanddaddies.com/
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Is that link SFW? Looks like it could go either way.
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

Wokling

Post by Wokling »

Darth_Link wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 2:55 pm
While on the D&D topic, I would recommend this podcast:
https://dungeonsanddaddies.com/
Which reminds me, have you ever heard this song by Nap Eyes? It always calls your screen name to mind:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYP8lPocCHQ

Tarelion
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: Tarelion

Post by Tarelion »

shawnd1984 wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 12:02 pm
It's amazing how much feeling as though you have a CHOICE to wake up/go to bed early factors in with regards to how you feel.
As a father of 5 kids ages 10 or under, I couldn't agree more. Going to sleep not knowing if I'll have a decent night's sleep or be a zombie in tbe morning because the baby woke up 6 times is one of the hardest parts of having a baby in the house.

shawnd1984
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by shawnd1984 »

Tarelion wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 7:07 am
shawnd1984 wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 12:02 pm
It's amazing how much feeling as though you have a CHOICE to wake up/go to bed early factors in with regards to how you feel.
As a father of 5 kids ages 10 or under, I couldn't agree more. Going to sleep not knowing if I'll have a decent night's sleep or be a zombie in tbe morning because the baby woke up 6 times is one of the hardest parts of having a baby in the house.
You definitely win! Haha

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Never had previously got into tabletop RPGs. Just never had the 2 elements of the formula(time + necessary social group) together.

Year or 2 ago I bought the standard D&D starter set cuz it was cheap and why not. About a month ago decided to try it w the family (4 of us) since we obv got the time and I figured my oldest (10 yrs old) would love it (spoiler: he does).

I prob did better than I thought I would being a DM that's never actually played and only had the starter set rulebook. My youngest (6 yrs old) didnt have the attention span and so left the party early and my wife (wife aged) stuck it out because she saw how much our oldest was into it but she's not in it for the long haul.

Gonna try to find a local group for the 2 of us after all this over but who knows when that is so would be willing to try something via discord or whatever.

TLDL: If there's gonna be an online noob and kid friendly SWCCGers tabletop RPG group, I'd like in for me +1 :yes:
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

TacoBill wrote:
July 30th, 2020, 2:58 pm
Is that link SFW? Looks like it could go either way.
Genuine suggestion. Given my post history I guess it's 50/50 whether it's trustworthy
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

TacoBill wrote:
Is that link SFW?
Darth_Link wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 12:54 pm
Genuine suggestion.
TacoBill wrote:
Is that link SFW?
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Return to “Off Topic”