Jan 22: Episode 3
Jan 29: Episode 4
Feb 5: Episode 5
Feb 12: Episode 6
Feb 19: Episode 7
Feb 26: Episode 8
Mar 5: Episode 9 (finale)

FAQ OF QUESTIONS I MADE UP MYSELF

Q: I'm out of the loop on Marvel stuff, should I watch this?
A: Yep! Watch the Marvel Legends episodes for quick recaps on Wanda and Vision. They are only about 5-7 minutes long each and do a good job of showing their character journeys thus far.
You will get some Infinity War / Endgame spoilers, but if you haven't watched those movies yet, you probably don't mind.

Q: What if I really wanted to get into this?
The 3 important movies for these characters are Age of Ultron, Civil War, and Infinity War. Also Endgame, but barely.

Q: I'm confused, isn't Vision dead?
A: We thought so. We don't know what's going on with him. That's one of the hooks of the show, and I don't think they'll explain it immediately.

Q: Is this a miniseries or multiple seasons?
Unknown.

Greg Zinn

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Re: WandaVision

Post by Gergall »

Just watched the two Marvel Legends episodes (they are very short) and thought they were well put together. Excited for this show!

If you have D+ for Mando anyway, hope you're all going to give it a watch along with me.
Greg Zinn

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
GEMP Username: corran

Post by Corran »

Also, if you haven't read Tom King's Vision comic, you should read it. It will make you a better person.
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.
ashnolo wrote: I'm using OCS to prepare for Kendall in Corellia League play

hanotsri

Post by hanotsri »

Corran wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 10:55 am
Also, if you haven't read Tom King's Vision comic, you should read it. It will make you a better person.
I was a big fan of his Batman run as well. Also I watched Age of Ultron for the first time in years this weekend. It's far less * than I remember.

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

hanotsri wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 3:21 pm
Also I watched Age of Ultron for the first time in years this weekend. It's far less * than I remember.
I have seen this comment many times! A ton of people, including me, have experienced this. The movie's biggest flaws are greatly reduced when you rewatch it today.

The problems with AoU were:
A) Way too much going on. A single line dialogue could be the only thing that explains a major angle of the plot or a character's motivations. You miss or forget about that one line, and suddenly some things will seem to make no sense or have a major plothole or things appear to be happening a certain way for no reason. They definitely don't babysit you with reminders about key elements. Certain things tie up together in ways that are very easy to miss.

B) Way too much time spent referencing past and future projects. If you haven't seen those other works (or don't remember them too clearly) these are all a waste of time and distract from the dense main story that was already a bit difficult to appreciate (see point A). And if you watched AoU at release, obviously you couldn't fully appreciate the setups to future projects.

When you rewatch AoU today, it's much easier to follow because you've seen it before. You can better appreciate all the little stuff that ties together because you already know the big stuff. Also the setups for future projects are much more enjoyable, for example when they have Ulysses Klaue you can appreciate the setup for Black Panther. With Sokovia it not only sets up Civil War, but also other things to follow.

I'm not a big AoU fan by any means. But if you asked me to name a movie that improves on rewatch a lot, AoU is probably the top of the list.
Greg Zinn

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

I will be watching!
Corran wrote:
January 8th, 2021, 10:55 am
Agreed, it's excellent. Very curious how much of that is going to be incorporated into this show- the vibe certainly matches up.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

First 2 episodes were pretty interesting. I woke up at 4am to watch them in order to avoid spoilers.
Spoiler
Show
If it were just a 1950s style sitcom with these 2, I would be on board, which is good, because they really leaned into that bit in these first two episodes. I'm about 95% sure I know what the explanation for things will be, but I'm along for the ride
Check out Bad Deck Breakdowns, a Star Wars CCG Deckbuilding podcast, on the podcatcher of your choice or https://www.kendallcast.ninja
dvphimself wrote: https://www.twitch.tv/kendallcastnetwork/ is my favourite SWCCG channel.

SmallDarkLines
GEMP Username: Tardis

Post by SmallDarkLines »

Spoiler
Show
Almost positive this is going to be basically House of M as a series.
New or returning player? Click here for the information you need to know.

Beat me mercilessly on GEMP: Tardis
Say hello at an event:Darren

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Yeah, I really enjoyed the first couple episodes! Lots of humor but also just the right touch of like Stepford Wives off-puttingness.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Madmanwithabox wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:47 pm
Spoiler
Show
I thought this until I read some stuff online and now I think it's more that
Spoiler
Show
Mephisto has more to do with what's going on than Wanda
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

I definitely see why they launched with 2 episodes, I could see people watching the first one and then just forgetting about it. Episode 1 is just "here's the status quo" while episode 2 is where they start throwing the twists to make you want to find out what is going on.

I admit that I'd sit through this show even if it was pretty bad. But it's great! I am really excited for the next one.

Whole family likes it, actually. My son (age 8) laughs at a lot of the jokes. Even things that are a little too corny for adults :)
Greg Zinn

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Post by chriskelly »

Agree with Greg's last post.
Spoiler
Show
First episode was neat-o, but second episode is what made me interested. I'm looking forward to next episode. Not as thirsty for it as I was with Mandalorian, but still will be a good way to kill 30 minutes.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Gergall wrote:
January 17th, 2021, 7:47 pm
I definitely see why they launched with 2 episodes, I could see people watching the first one and then just forgetting about it. Episode 1 is just "here's the status quo" while episode 2 is where they start throwing the twists to make you want to find out what is going on.

I admit that I'd sit through this show even if it was pretty bad. But it's great! I am really excited for the next one.

Whole family likes it, actually. My son (age 8) laughs at a lot of the jokes. Even things that are a little too corny for adults :)
I had a friend who told me the show sucked because he watched the first 10 minutes. "It's a pilot, if it doesn't grab you it hasn't done its job!" :roll:

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

i grew up watching I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched on Nick at Nite so this show is just awesome even at face value to me. loving it so much
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

Shadow 13 wrote:
January 19th, 2021, 10:52 pm
i grew up watching I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched on Nick at Nite so this show is just awesome even at face value to me. loving it so much
Pro tip. Wake up at 4am and watch it with all the lights off for maximum Nick at Nite Nostalgia.

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

Corran wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 11:47 am
First 2 episodes were pretty interesting. I woke up at 4am to watch them in order to avoid spoilers.
Corran wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 10:20 am
Pro tip. Wake up at 4am and watch it with all the lights off for maximum Nick at Nite Nostalgia.
Stop trying to make fetch 4am WandaVision happen. It's not going to happen. :lol:
Greg Zinn

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

Gergall wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 3:33 pm
Corran wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 11:47 am
Corran wrote:
January 20th, 2021, 10:20 am
Stop trying to make fetch 4am WandaVision happen. It's not going to happen. :lol:
Sorry, didn't realize I was repeating myself. I'll do better going forward.

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

Oh man. I think episodes 1-3 set up the ground rules. Just taking things at face value (no crazy theories),
Spoiler
Show
Looks like Wanda is more or less in charge and she's making this her fantasy life. Things take a bad turn? Rewind. Someone knows to much? Expel them.

There's a really old Halloween Simpsons (which in turn I think is based on a Twilight Zone) where Bart can exert his will to change anything he wants without the slightest effort. Wanda is reminding me of that right now.

Additionally we have these efforts by people who are trying to interfere or stop this but they're pretty powerless against her so far.
I think the setup is now complete and from here we see what they do with it. I'm loving it so far.
Greg Zinn

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

spideyguy0 wrote:
January 16th, 2021, 6:03 pm
Madmanwithabox wrote:
January 15th, 2021, 1:47 pm
Spoiler
Show
I thought this until I read some stuff online and now I think it's more that
Spoiler
Show
Mephisto has more to do with what's going on than Wanda
Now I'm back to the original theory, but
Spoiler
Show
Mephisto and Agatha
are still obviously involved somehow
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Corran
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Corran »

I’m starting to think it’s
Spoiler
Show
Arcade

Return to “Off Topic”