Guidelines for 2021 Leagues

Jnapolit31
Marketing Advocate
GEMP Username: jnapolit31

Guidelines for 2021 Leagues

Post by Jnapolit31 »

1) Guidelines for 2021 Leagues [All Online on Gemp(1) - play.starwarsccg.org]:

***Note all 2021 League Kit purchases are subject to approval by the Tournament Committee (as they have in prior years)***
Reasoning:
Spoiler
Show
The TC wants to avoid situations where 2 or more players from the same playgroup get a league kit, and also ensure that league kits are not purchased for any reason besides to promote/reward playing of SWCCG in an environment mimicking historical league setups. The TCLA's will communicate with the PC Store Manager - Chris Gogolen (also a member of the TC) - to address any potential overlaps, and refunds will be provided if necessary.
*# of Events: Run at least 5, preferably 6, online events within the suggested timeframe of March 1 to October 31.

*Games per Event: 4 or 6 games per event.

*Players per Event: Ideally between 6 and 20 participants per event - if your league is trending under or over these parameters for total league registrations, reach out to the TCLA (see below).

*Style of events: any mix of the below, determined at the discretion of league organizer with input from league registrants:
..1. Utilize the Tournament Assistant - https://tournament.starwarsccg.org and have ~1-week windows for each game (players schedule their games with each other)
..2. “Gemp Leagues” structure - players post blind tables whenever and other league members may accept when able/willing; Gemp tracks W-L and strength-of-schedule
..3. One-day blitz events - if league in favor, can block off a 4-6 hours window on a Saturday or Sunday to perform a classical Swiss-style event (SoS or differential) using the Tournament Assistant for results/pairings/standings.

*Format of events: can be whatever mix the organizer and the league registrants determine, given the capabilities of Gemp:
..1. Open Constructed
..2. Jawa Format Constructed
..3. Sealed/“Cube” (PANH, Endor-DSII, Episode I, Watto’s Cube)
..4. Retro (e.g., Premiere - Reflections II Constructed).

*League organizers are recommended to collect a registration fee of $5 per person per season to offset the cost of the kit and potential shipping costs of prizes to registrants; however, the organizers may align with the league registrants on a different cost, accounting for expected shipping costs and/or additional, league-specific prizes.

*League participants
..1. Ideally, these are geographic regions - e.g., Coruscant (NJ/NJ/PA), Kashyyyk (New England), Ralltiir (Germany), etc. - but they may be a large group of active player groups that span the globe as well
..2. If you don’t know many other players in your area, please reach out to the TC League Administrator “TCLA” (Bill and Jared - leagues@starwarsccg.org), who will work to form an “Outer Rim” league which will consist of players in groups of 1-4 to have a formidable league size
..3. Alternatively, if the organizer has a league with only 5 registrants or another number that makes reaching 6 registrants for at least 5 events not unlikely, let the TC LA know and he can assign one-off player(s) to round out your league.

*Players may only participate in 1 League in 2021. The TCLA will verify, when creating the Leagues on Gemp, that the Gemp User ID is exclusive to one League. Using alts or skirting this policy will result in future PC sanctioned-event consequences.

*Note that because Leagues contribute to Player of the Year calculations (for reference, 2020's: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74772&p=1324278#p1289694); 2021's system is accessible here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77454#p133245), league organizers must post league-long standings in the League Championships forum (specifically, their applicable region subforum): viewforum.php?f=659.

*The TC will organize a "Champions League" event in the league offseason (every other year / when the Outrider Cup is not happening) whereby all League champions compete for a "global championship". Details will be forthcoming on such an event; prizes will be at stake.

*The Tournament Committee reserves the right to impose future sanctions if any organizer or registrant acts in bad faith when setting up/running these leagues (e.g., using alternate accounts, not holding adequate number of events without a good reason, re-selling any of the contents of the League Kit, etc.).

*The TCLA's will also distribute digital prizes throughout the Leagues season at their discretion to incentivize and reward Leagues for adhering to these guidelines (mainly, keeping a reasonable pace for number of events); these include: Gemp gold, directly-awarded Gemp foil cards, Gemp packs (e.g., Reflections II and III) and even Gemp boxes for certain occasions. These would be in addition to the normal Gemp prizes that go with every Gemp league, that many players are used to receiving.

*If you have any questions at any point about any aspect of the Leagues structure, e-mail leagues@starwarsccg.org.

(1)All events for the League circuit are expected to be held on Gemp, unless the Tournament Committee announces the condoning of live Star Wars CCG events.

2) FAQ’s
I want to run a league but I only know a few people who are interested. What do I do?
Contact the TCLA BEFORE purchasing a League kit - he will be able to help you connect with players in your region, or assign other smaller groups to join you to form a full league with ONE kit.

If I register for a league, am I expected to play in all 6 events?
No, players can play in as many of the 6 events they’d able/willing (but there are incentives to playing in more events). The organizer will collaborate with the TCLA to make sure the registrants are in the proper Gemp league for each event for each league. The organizer should also democratically determine what style and format events are most favored by the league registrants and schedule accordingly.

Who would make a good 2021 league organizer?
Someone who is well-connected in a certain region, has some experience running events - live and/or online, has good organizational and communication skills, and has some familiarity with Gemp gameplay and capabilities.

Why would I do a League like this vs. normal Gemp Leagues or something more competitive like the Online Championship Series?
Vs. Normal Gemp leagues: These Leagues offer exclusive, physical prize support; a means to routinely play those in your playgroup with some stakes; and Player of the Year points.
Vs. OCS: These will probably be a "lower" competitive level that some may prefer; the ability to do events of different styles and different formats.

Does my 2021 League *have* to be confined to March 1 - October 31st?
Leagues are recommended to span these 8 months to reduce conflicts with other events, allow for off-periods, and ensure the prior year league does not overlap a subsequent years. Given the unique situation for the Coronavirus pandemic in 2021, the hope (!) is that by or after October 2021, live events are a reality again and therefore the logistics of majors, locals and leagues events will be different than the 2021 tournament season. In 2021, if you hold an event in November or December and give out the allocated league kit prizes at that point (online or live if that's condone-able at that time), then that is still reasonable.

Is there any type of template I could leverage to serve as an initial starting point for organizing my league?
Yes! The Coruscant League was active in 2020 while most other leagues were not, given the unpredictable nature of COVID; here is a link to the 2020 League Post: viewtopic.php?f=661&t=76044

For quick reference, below is the description of the 2021 Online League Registration Kit that the PC Store has:
3) League Registration - 2021 Online League Registration Kit
$60

Description
Shipping is included in the price of the league kit for ALL addresses.
Kits will be assembled the first week of April and will ship shortly afterwards.
You MUST consult the Guidelines for 2021 Leagues post here, before purchasing the kit: viewtopic.php?f=659&t=77075
League kits will no longer be available after March 31st.

Contents of the 2021 League Kits are:
PARTICIPATION SLIPS: 15 foil v-slips for each of the 6 events:
--EVENT 1: Seventh Sister
--EVENT 2: Qi'ra
--EVENT 3: Malachor: Sith Temple Upper Chamber
--EVENT 4: Fifth Brother
--EVENT 5: Han... Solo
--EVENT 6: Lord Sidious
BONUS SLIPS: 15 foil v-slips for one bonus card, distributed at league organizer's discretion:
--BONUS: Saw Guerra (15)
RANDOM SLIPS: 6 foil v-slips given out randomly to one participant for each event:
--RANDOM: General Leia Organa WB AI
PERFECT ATTENDANCE: 10 "perfect attendance" foil v-slips, for those with perfect or most-frequent participation:
--PA: Rose Tico
EVENT WINNER SLIPS: 12 event winner foil v-slips:
--WINNER: Maul
--WINNER: General Leia Organa WB AI
T-SHIRT: 1 SWCCG t-shirt - awarded at league organizer's discretion:
--T-SHIRT: Moff Gideon
POKER CHIPS: 20 Poker Chips across colors (5x each), distributed at league organizers' discretion:
--CHIP 1: WHITE
--CHIP 2: BLUE
--CHIP 3: BLACK
--CHIP 4: RED
BOOSTER PACK: 1 PC Booster
--PACK: Unlimited Reflections IV Booster Pack
EXTRA FOIL V-SLIPS: At the discretion of the Mailing Team, any excess foil v-slip in the inventory were included for league organizers to distribute at their discretion.
VOUCHER: 1 Free Registration voucher to the league winner, which may be applied to any one major event - online or live - through calendar year 2022 (such event registrations have ranged from $25-$50 in recent years).
DIGITAL PRIZES: At the discretion of the Tournament Committee Leagues Administrator throughout the Leagues season, Gemp prizes such as digital gold, digital foil cards, digital packs and digital boxes may be awarded to reward and incentivize staying on pace for number of events.

Link to purchase a 2021 League Kit: https://store.starwarsccg.org/product/l ... istration/

If you have any questions, contact the Tournament Committee Leagues Administrator at leagues@starwarsccg.org.

4) Approved 2021 Leagues & Organizers

1) Coruscant (NJ/NY/PA) - Jared N.
2) Alderaan Operatives (NorCal) - Al F.
3) Naboo (UK+I) - Paul M./Kevin J./Sean M.
4) Bespin (MN/WI/IL/ND/SD) - Sam T.
5) Yavin 4 (MD/VA/NC/SC) - Bill K.
6) Kashyyyk League (MA/CT/NE) - Dave D.
7) Dutch League - Floris
8) Corellia (Midwest) - Chad L.
9) SoCal - Batmouse
10) Colorado - Bob B.
Last edited by Jnapolit31 on February 20th, 2021, 6:47 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Follow the PC on Twitter @swccg
Subscribe to the PC on YouTube
Follow the PC on Twitch
Follow me on twitch.tv/JNap31
marketing@starwarsccg.org
Image Image

Jnapolit31
Marketing Advocate

Re: Guidelines for 2021 Leagues

Post by Jnapolit31 »

Now that the 2021 Organized Play Schedule has been announced, this thread is now live (see here for full announcement: viewtopic.php?f=871&t=77233) - so, bump. :-D
Follow the PC on Twitch
Image Image

Jnapolit31
Marketing Advocate

Post by Jnapolit31 »

There are additional prizes allocated for leagues!

1) Each league will receive 12x WB General Leia AI Foil V-Slips - 1 for the winner of each event and 1 randomly-assigned for each event.
2) Each league will receive one Unlimited Reflections IV Booster Pack - for the league winner.

I updated the OP and once able, Gogolen will update the Store for the complete/updated League Kit Prize Package above.
gogolen wrote:ping
Follow the PC on Twitch
Image Image

Paul McPherson
LS Region: Naboo
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

E-mail sent for a Naboo League :-D
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

Silverglen
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product
GEMP Username: silverglen

Post by Silverglen »

Whoop
Welsh National Winner 2019, OCS Finalist
Shadow 13 wrote:seeing Silverglen's underdog run has been pretty inspiring
tarkiNZ wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 8:21 pm
We can't all be like SilverGlen

Jnapolit31
Marketing Advocate

Post by Jnapolit31 »

League Kits are now available in the store - thanks, Gogolen!

*To all potential purchasers of the kit/league organizers*:
Be sure to read all the guidelines in the original post before purchasing through the PC Store!
Thank you!
Follow the PC on Twitch
Image Image

Paul McPherson
GEMP Username: PMcPherson

Post by Paul McPherson »

Jnapolit31 wrote:
February 11th, 2021, 10:56 pm

Be sure to read all the guidelines in the original post before purchasing through the PC Store!
Thank you!
I've just purchased a League Kit - who do I need to contact to get a "Naboo League" forum created?
Image Image

World Championship 26th Place - 2019
European Championship 4th Place - 2013
Naboo Regional Winner - 2015, 2018 & 2019
Ralltiir Regional Runner-up - 2019
English National Winner - 2014
Welsh National Winner - 2017 & 2018
German National Runner-up - 2018

Join the Star Wars CCG UK Facebook Page

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Paul McPherson wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 3:21 pm
Jnapolit31 wrote:
February 11th, 2021, 10:56 pm

Thank you!
I've just purchased a League Kit - who do I need to contact to get a "Naboo League" forum created?
Done

viewforum.php?f=1251
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
multimedia@starwarsccg.org
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

ashnolo
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
GEMP Username: ashnolo

Post by ashnolo »

Email sent to leagues@starwarsccg.org inquiring about a Corellia league, thanks!

Jnapolit31
Marketing Advocate

Post by Jnapolit31 »

Just want to emphasize/clarify one thing with respect to the 2021 Leagues to league organizers and prospective league participants:

*While league kits will not be able to be purchased after 3/31/21 and while some leagues have fired or are about to fire their first event of the season, this does not mean additional players cannot join/play in league events at any point of the league season.

[Prospective] league participants can play in 1, 3, 6 - whatever number - of events they want; it's between them and the organizers on how they sign up, chip into the costs and earn prize support.

So if you're someone who has a very busy schedule or only likes certain formats, leagues can still be something you can participate in and you can still earn the cool prize support in the league kits. And perhaps more importantly, still a mechanism for you to further engage in your "local" gaming community.
Follow the PC on Twitch
Image Image

Jnapolit31
Marketing Advocate

Post by Jnapolit31 »

Bump - great response thus far from the leagues in the U.S. and Europe - 10 total.

Just for summary's sake, here's where we stand now, which numbers subject to increase as the league season goes along:

Coruscant- 13
Yavin IV- 21
Bespin- 14 -20
Naboo- 18
Corellia- 12
Dutch- 13
NorCal- 22
SoCal- 7
Kashyyyk- 10 -11
Colorado- 8
Follow the PC on Twitch
Image Image

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

If you haven't registered your league and purchased the kit yet, please do so this week. The last day is 3/31 and then production will start so these can all ship out in April.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

LAST CALL!

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Return to “League Championships”