Euro Worlds Official Schedule

Bochum Germany
Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Re: Euro Worlds Official Schedule

Post by Shadow 14 »

rax wrote:
spideyguy0 wrote:The way it's been done in the states is that all current rulings and errata are in place except that substituted destinies don't count again battle destiny limits (since we can't have the abyss or chasm shields this becomes a rule)
Then thats how we shall do it. Makes most sense anyway, and all current rules are fresh in mind for everyone (or should be).

If substituted destinies do not count against limit, can you - when able to draw 2 destinies - play smoke screen and still draw two? I have NEVER heard about that.
I always thought that works, but I could not find any exact ruling. I asked the question here:
http://www.starwarsccg.org/index.php?op ... =5&t=48617

Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

rax
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by rax »

Shadow 14 wrote:
rax wrote:
spideyguy0 wrote:The way it's been done in the states is that all current rulings and errata are in place except that substituted destinies don't count again battle destiny limits (since we can't have the abyss or chasm shields this becomes a rule)
Then thats how we shall do it. Makes most sense anyway, and all current rules are fresh in mind for everyone (or should be).

If substituted destinies do not count against limit, can you - when able to draw 2 destinies - play smoke screen and still draw two? I have NEVER heard about that.
I always thought that works, but I could not find any exact ruling. I asked the question here:
http://www.starwarsccg.org/index.php?op ... =5&t=48617
Well, that's a definite "yes", of course you can.. thats the whole point of substituting destinies, that they don't count against your capped limit (among other benefits). However, that is NOT the question you wanna ask.. the question is, how did it work back then?

Kristian "rax" Lund aka Smukke Kristian - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen Never Dies! They Just Go To The Bar And Respawn!"

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Well, to be honest, your "NEVER heard about it" comment was what confused me.

I believe this post is getting to be very confusing. Several times, people seemed to have referred to specific rules of the Y2K tourney, and get "??" comments, because nobody seems to know what we are talking about anymore.

Maybe we should move the Y2K to a specific forum, and keep the "regular" questions here.
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

rax wrote:Well, that's a definite "yes", of course you can.. thats the whole point of substituting destinies, that they don't count against your capped limit (among other benefits). However, that is NOT the question you wanna ask.. the question is, how did it work back then?
It should be as simple as below:

in 2000, substituted destinies did NOT count against your capped limits (which was why people abused Darklighter Spin in WYS decks to get around Guri & Imperial Command, for example).

in 2012, they DO count against capped limits. That is why you play Abyss/Chasm shields

Shadow 14 wrote:Maybe we should move the Y2K to a specific forum, and keep the "regular" questions here.
Good idea!
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

rax
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by rax »

Shadow 14 wrote:Well, to be honest, your "NEVER heard about it" comment was what confused me.

I believe this post is getting to be very confusing. Several times, people seemed to have referred to specific rules of the Y2K tourney, and get "??" comments, because nobody seems to know what we are talking about anymore.

Maybe we should move the Y2K to a specific forum, and keep the "regular" questions here.
I see that now, my bad, I was at a LAN party and about seven glasses of red wine in when I wrote that. I got confused by your post, because it seemed like you were refering to a rule I had never heard of before.

I will create a seperate topic for the Y2K tournament and list the rules there. That way people can also ask any questions they may have in a dedicated threat instead.

rax
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by rax »

rlx wrote:
rax wrote:

It means if you can draw two destinies and Guri limits it to one, you can play smoke screen and draw a destiny.
That I am aware of. I thought Chris meant that you didn't have to limit the destiny draws in order to use that trick, which was what confused me. Anyway, Emil summed it up pretty well, and that is of course how we will be playing

RegularOrdinarySwedishDude
Starter
Starter

Post by RegularOrdinarySwedishDude »

I will create a seperate topic for the Y2K tournament and list the rules there. That way people can also ask any questions they may have in a dedicated threat instead.
Make it already...

...you foolish dane :twisted:

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Both Cubes are closed. I have switched the 10 participants for each cube, so that there are 2 not yet qualified players in each cube. The second cube also has everything you need for a Viking war.
Poor Frans Zwiers had to be seperated by Dennis and will probably be destroyed by a horde of war monging Danish, Swedish and Welsh Vikings. I doubt that there will be a third cube.

Zee German Cube

Chris Menzel
Dan Price
Dennis Hes
Enno Haede
Gregor Karbstein
John Veasey
Marvin Tegler
Nico Sauer (Bye for Day 2)
Ralf Wachowiak
Stephan Drewel (Bye for Day 2)

The Viking Cube

Casper Jorgensen
Emil Wallin
Frans Zwiers (Bye for Day 2)
Gunnar Brandén (Bye for Day 2)
John Moorley
Kevin Jaap
Kristian Lund
Kristoffer Hedlund
Marc Nickels
Pär Birgander
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

LAST CALL FOR SPECIAL PRIZE AT WORLDS

As you may know, I’m already planning for the World championship, and the tournaments we will have there.

Most important is that you enter your name and mark which tournaments you wish to participate in as soon as possible:

http://www.doodle.com/xa7xzag8y4g7egn3

EVERY-ONE WHO HAS ENTERED THE LIST BY THE END OF THIS WEEK (23 SEPTEMBER 2012) WILL RECEIVE A SPECIAL PRIZE AT WORLDS!!!

PLEASE CHECK THE FOLLOWING LIST AND TELL ALL YOUR BUDDIES ON THE LIST TO ENTER THE DOODLE LIST!!!

Every-one, please check this. I’m sure there is a player each of you knows, so please pass the info on to them. Give them a call if you have the number!!!
If you know of another player that wants to come and is not on the list, please mail them the doodle link above.

QUALIFIERS FOR EURO WORLDS not confirmed yet:

Ben Smyth (United Kingdom)
Dez Richardson (United Kingdom)
Florian Illner (Germany)
Floris de Vries (Netherlands)
Henry Mittenzwey (Germany)
Horst Knepper (Germany)
Jerome Nitschke (France)
Jon Holtet (Denmark)
Julien Rivière (France)
Maarten Rossou (Netherlands)
Mario Boley (Germany)
Stephane Flamme (Belgium)
Thorsten Schelian (Germany)
Tobias Bukkehave (Denmark)
Yann Chiraux (France)

DAY 1 CANDIDATES not yet confirmed:

Alban Lauter
Andreas Holtmann
Andrew Hartley
Artie Heinrich
Carlos Navarro
Christian Deibler
Dennis Schwarz
Emiel van Daele
Fabien Jaques
Iwo Lesnik
Jared Curtis
Jesper W. Hansen
Johan Van de Velde
Julian Fuss
Jurgen Maas
Kamil Kowalkowski
Kent Dier
Koen v/d Velden
Maarten Rossou
Manuel Peelen
Marco Stritzinger
Marcus Dudzeck
Massimiliano Colossi
Max Trauth
Michal (Jarred) Pawelczyk
Michael Menges
Moritz Karge
Nico Oster
Paul van Hoorne
Philipp Kant
Sebastian Popekawski
Stephan Boersma
Stephan Garmark
Szerenos Dariusz
Thomas Andersen
Tilmann Petersen
Tomasz (Bolo) Olech

“Last Call” means that you can still enter later (after 23 September), but won’t get the special prize and I won’t plan for additional “Bye” events.

Thanks and see you in a few weeks

Chris
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I have some good news and some bad news for all Day 1 Qualifier Tourney (16:00) players.

Every-one who enters the doodle poll (see below in my signature) till tomorrow 26th September 2012 will only have to pay 20 Euro entry fee. That of course includes all those already registered.

All the players for 16:00 Day 1 tourney who enter their name after that date (from 27 September on) will have to pay 30 Euro entry free.

We have send countless mails to any of the 30+ potential additional participants. Let's see if money is a better incentive. ;)

Let your buddies who are not registered yet know, and save them some money!!!!

:emp:
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

The following info has been added in the Schedule (first post):

Worlds Day 1 Open Format Tournament (16:00)

Entry Fee: 30 Euro (20 Euro if you were registered till 26th September)

Thursday - 11 October 2012) - Thursday Evening Warm Up Tournament

Event Start: 21:00
Entry Fee: 10 Euro
Number of Games: 4
Tournament Style: Swiss Constructed (all V-Cards allowed)
Ranking/Pairing System: Differential
Requirements: No decklists required, open to all players
Number of Euro World Byes: 2

This will be a regular constructed tournament for all early arrivers on Thursday evening. Angelo will host it, and we will give 2 Byes out for this.

The Cube

A third and probably final cube has been added for Friday

The cube is basically Star Wars drafting for 10 people.
The rules and FAQ can be found here:
http://www.starwarsccg.org/index.php?op ... 30&t=22108

The first 2 cubes are closed. I have switched the 10 participants for each cube, so that there are 2 not yet qualified players in each cube (first registered are first served). The second cube also has everything you need for a Viking war. After the third and final cube is closed we will shuffle players again, so that all the Vikings can massacre each other.

b]Special Note:[/b] Cubes provided by Ralf Wachowiak, Kristian Lund and DDM (thanks)

Zee German Cube

Chris Menzel
Dan Price
Dennis Hes
Enno Haede
Gregor Karbstein
John Veasey
Marvin Tegler
Julien de Vos (Bye for Day 2)
Ralf Wachowiak
Stephan Drewel (Bye for Day 2)

The Viking Cube

Casper Jorgensen
Emil Wallin
Frans Zwiers (Bye for Day 2)
Gunnar Brandén (Bye for Day 2)
John Moorley
Kevin Jaap
Kristian Lund
Kristoffer Hedlund
Marc Nickels
Pär Birgander

DDMs Cube of Madness

David Destefanis
Massimiliano Colussi
Nico Sauer
Jesper Gravesen
Tobias Bukkehave
Florian Illner
(only 4 spots free - if you want to play draft on Day 1, you should enter now)
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

All 3 cubes are now closed, which means that no more players will be able to play in the draft.
The byes were handed out accordingly, and I will now shuffle the players, so that all the Vikings can massacre each other. Here are the participants for the last cube (before the shuffle):

DDMs Cube of Madness

David Destefanis
Massimiliano Colussi (Bye for Day 2 from cube 3)
Nico Sauer
Jesper Gravesen
Tobias Bukkehave
Javier Barrio (Bye for Day 2 from cube 3)
Tamas Papp
Henry Mittenzwey
Florian Illner
Jon Holtet
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

All 3 cubes are closed, which means that no more players will be able to play in the draft. The byes were handed out accordingly, and the players were shuffled afterwards, so that all the Vikings can massacre each other. I had to put the lonely Belgium and American guys into the German and Viking cubes, but I hope they will enjoy it anyway (especially Veez with the Viking madness)!

Zee German Cube

1) Chris Menzel
2) Enno Haede
3) Florian Illner
4) Gregor Karbstein
5) Henry Mittenzwey
6) Julien de Vos (Bye for Day 2 from cube 1)
7) Marvin Tegler
8) Nico Sauer
9) Ralf Wachowiak
10) Stephan Drewel (Bye for Day 2 from cube 1)

The Viking Cube

1) Casper Jorgensen
2) Emil Wallin
3) Gunnar Brandén (Bye for Day 2 from cube 2)
4) Jesper Gravesen
5) John Veasey
6) Jon Holtet
7) Kristian Lund
8) Kristoffer Hedlund
9) Pär Birgander
10) Tobias Bukkehave

DDMs Cube of Madness

1) Dan Price
2) David Destefanis
3) Dennis Hes
4) Frans Zwiers (Bye for Day 2 from cube 2)
5) Javier Barrio (Bye for Day 2 from cube 3)
6) John Moorley
7) Kevin Jaap
8) Marc Nickels
9) Massimiliano Colussi (Bye for Day 2 from cube 3)
10) Tamas Papp
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Ok, when I first posted details about the Euro Worlds schedule, I said that we would play with the Top 12 players, if we reach 55 players on Day 2. It now looks like this is 99% certain. 49 players are already confirmed, and at least 10 will play Day 1. There are another 10-20 or so I am not sure about yet.

My reasons for expanding to Top 12 with 55 players were the following:

1. To give more players a chance to play on Day 3, and make the most of the probably only Worlds to be in Europe. This was my main reason.

2. Last year at Worlds there were approx. 55 players, and there were at least 2 players which played 6:2 that did not make the cut (our DDM being one of them), which imho sucked. 55 players was the maximum reachable player count I estimated for Worlds, so that was not a random number, but a possibility. I chose the number as an incentive, and because I imagined that we would have several 6:2s in that case.

To be honest I was thinking that it was a no brainer and that I was doing the majority a huge favor, but so far there has been more negative voices than positive ones. Granted, most of the negative voices either have an early flight on Sunday, or are assumed to be in Day 3 anyway (so that will be more difficult for them to predict their opponent).

The travel back early is a totally valid reason against Top 12 of course. Another reason mentioned has been "It's always been Top 8 so don't change it" (it hasn't actually always been Top 8, but I know what the guys mean).

So, if the majority is against Top 12, I will change that again, and we'll keep it at Top 8.
Enter your preferences till the end of this week in the doodle poll below.

Every-one may enter their preference here:
http://www.doodle.com/ty3ww9av2dn4zk2n

:emp
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Since it looks like it will be Top 12, I have added 2 columns in the doodle list for when to play the first round of Day 3. Either on Day 2 in the evening (after the regular tourney) or on Day 3 in the morning (10 am as planned). You get to decide till sunday this week (7th October).

Every-one add your opinion in this list (even if you've done so already):
http://www.doodle.com/ty3ww9av2dn4zk2n

I am sorry for making such a major decision that late. It was all decided, but some loud negative voices and especially that some players have flights going back in the early Sunday evening has led me to put this to a vote (however representative it may be in that time frame).

Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I just removed all "top 12" info from the first post, and added the time table for day 3.

Since the gentlemen with the early flights would definitely not be able to play a final confrontation with no time limit, and this was always known, I kept it to the original schedule. Please leave it at that.
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I will close the doodle poll for pre-registration in a few hours.
At some point we have to go into final detailed planning (command cards, SOS excel sheet, etc).

So, if you want to play in any events, and have not entered that yet, do it now!!

Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Return to “2012 World Championships - Oct. 12-14”