The props thread

Bochum Germany
Calaglin

The props thread

Post by Calaglin »

It has been said a lot during the weekend, but again: major props the Chris for:
-getting this to Europe
-touring Europe/US to get people warm for this
-devoting a LOT of his time for this, even tough he knew he couldn't play
-making the atmosphere during the weekend great
-defusing some potential negative stuff
-a lot of other things

Also props to everyone who helped/supported him (during the weekend and behind the scenes), like David.

Emil, for being a great guy and a great SW player. Hope you don't get cocky now ;) And please build a deck that kills the tie deck.

Angelo, for being a top player for all these years. Too bad you didn't got the big one again, but you got pretty damn close! Also for sacrificing time you could have used for playtesting/deck building to help other people, and organizing day 1.

Everyone who came to this event: thank you all for making this a great experience, aside from Star Wars. The atmosphere was great, the mix of all the nationalities (and beer) is pretty unique.

The PC, for finally allowing this to be in Europe.

Anything I forgot?

Cedrik V. - Belgium
Ruler of the Low Countries

DDM

Re: The props thread

Post by DDM »

Dennis and his cookies!!! :) he brought a lot. Like in "A LOT". For everyone.
SirYoda wrote:I suggest we ban all creatures.
Or better yet, just ban DDM from playing creatures.

FrenchGalak
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by FrenchGalak »

+1 on everything.
Calaglin wrote: Anything I forgot?
Those who couldn't be there !!!

To see you Cedrik ;)
Richard, AKA FrenchGalak, Old Time French SWCCG Player,
Banksy Copyright ©

Calaglin

Post by Calaglin »

FrenchGalak wrote:+1 on everything.
Calaglin wrote: Anything I forgot?
Those who couldn't be there !!!

To see you Cedrik ;)
No props for not being there sorry ;) (Although I can totally understand why you didn't come, i would have done the same thing).
But still props to the French crew for the training boot camps in France, it helped me (and probably the others) a lot. We need more of those!

Also forgot props to everyone who made day 3!

On a side note: I'm glad it was only top 8 in the end (even though I would have been in if it had been top 12); it would have made day 3 too long (and less elite). All the 6-2 players were in, so it turned out all good!
Cedrik V. - Belgium
Ruler of the Low Countries

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

Props for having as many people at Worlds as NAC! Well represented.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

sjacree wrote:Props for having as many people at Worlds as NAC! Well represented.
Agreed. I hope the European community stays strong after this. Chris has done an amazing job and keeping it going and flourishing. He is the 2nd best TD, after Mike Richards for keeping the Texas scene alive and Texas is bigger than Europe after all... :-D

Glad to see that everyone had fun.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Thanks a lot, Cedrik!

You guys made it all worth it for me. I had an amazing weekend, and it was so good to see you all together. I just talked to Angelo on the phone, and told him that I really did not see it coming that every-one was in on giving me a trophy and travel voucher and standing ovations. I was... ahem... honestly moved to tears.
This moment will always be right up there with the big memories of my life (wedding, child birth, Euro Worlds, etc.). ;)

Thanks for helping me make it unforgettable!!!
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Calaglin wrote: lots of props

I agree to everything you posted, except for the part about me needing to build something that kills the deck. Angelo and Krypto both beat my Ties on day 3 so all it needs is an errata :-D

Chris - thanks for making this event come true. I had a blast and I know everyone else had it too.
Angelo - thanks for some great games (and one boring game) and for being an all-together great guy.

Just got home after a looong weekend and now I will sleep for a week or two
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

rlx
LS Region: Ralltiir
LS Region: Ralltiir

Post by rlx »

Props to Chris for working really hard to make Euro Worlds happen. It was awesome.

Props to Emil for winning the world championship and two minor tourneys and borrowing me some cards.

Props to everyone else who borrowed me cards.

Props to the americans who made it all the way to europe.

Props to Joshua who brought along some trophies from the US and wasn't able to attend.

And of course everyone else who made that event awesome.
#freegalen

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

props to all the european players for making such a friendly and welcoming environment for us travelers from across the pond. we had a blast

Twotak

Post by Twotak »

Calaglin wrote: Also for sacrificing time you could have used for playtesting/deck building to help other people, and organizing day 1.
Exactly Still helping out when i have freaky ass wierd rules questions and helping in elternating my decks with awesome working advise.

Props to Angelo for always smiling. :-D
Rasmus Juul. Winner of No Turnement ever

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Props to everyone that's already been mentioned!

Props to DDM for making a giants work on delivering detailed reports of the games AND more importantly, being the only player not snickering when I flipped Dice Ibegon as my Rep during the Team Tournament. I was so happy I got to play you (out of all people) with that deck :)

Props Jerome for teaching me how a Hunt Down deck can be build, even though the game got real close.

Props to Damien (the bartender) for letting me steal his breakfast with my doe eyes :) And for being an allround excellent dude during the week as well as his co-pilot whos name has slipped me. Thank you all from Zu Den Fier Vinden.

Props (as allways) goes to all my team mates especially my room mates.

There are probably more people who deserves, but hopefully I'll remember them when I do some write up stuff on this event.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

Zenith

Post by Zenith »

aermet69 wrote: Props to DDM for making a giants work on delivering detailed reports of the games AND more importantly, being the only player not snickering when I flipped Dice Ibegon as my Rep during the Team Tournament. I was so happy I got to play you (out of all people) with that deck :)
Needed more creatures!
-Morten Iversen

Zenith - Team Copenhagen (Retired)

Zenith

Post by Zenith »

Props:

Obviously, to Emil, for returning after a 10 year hiatus from the game, and just sweeping the European tournament scene clean; Nationals, Europeans and Worlds all in one season, and your first one back at that, is beyond impressive. Seriously hope we get the chance to go to Worlds in the US together next year. The title is in European hands for the first time since Angelo won it 10 years ago. It must be defended! ;)

To my teammates Casper and Kristian for yet another awesome roadtrip to Bochum. Already looking forward to the next one.

To Brian Herold, for signing my The Emperor's Reach with a Top Gun quote, and to the rest of the Americans, for being an awesome bunch of people. Glad so many of you showed up this far from home, and I hope you all had a great time. Two of you in the Top 8, and another at 9th place, I'd call that a strong showing for sure!

To Casper, Kristian, Jesper and Tobias for an epic game of Battlestar Galactica. It was my first live game ever, after having played several games here on the forums, and it couldn't have been any more exciting. Morale at 1, Food and Fuel at 2, Jump track at Blue (-3), Distance at 8, and only one Cylon turn between us and victory... and he reveals a crisis with a -1 morale fail cost, on a difficulty 14+ check, with us humans having no cards in hand after the previous crisis! Dooooh! We'll get you next time, toasters! :saber:

To Chris, David, Mieke and everyone else who had a hand in organizing this event. It was awesome from start to finish, and I think we did the World Championship event justice. Anyone who had any thoughts about this being a total failure because it was in Europe was definitely proven wrong. We might not get Worlds in Europe again in the near future, if ever, but I'm glad that the one time it was here, it was a resounding success. Bravo guys!

To Angelo, for secretly arranging for Chris Menzel to receive a Lifetime Award trophy, accompanied by standing ovations by the entire room. It was easy to tell how moved you were by the gesture Chris, and you deserve every bit of that appreciation. I can't imagine how the European Community would have been today if it hadn't been for your tremendous efforts to keep us all together.

To everyone who made the top 8; Emil Wallin, Angelo Consoli, Brian Herold, Thomas Whaley, Julian Fuss, Marc Nickels, Ziemowit Skwara and Nico Kreidl. Well done guys!

I could go on forever! If I forgot someone, I'm sorry! So many people came together to make this the best SWCCG event that I have attended so far, despite my strength of schedule placing me all the way down at 20th place, and I thank you all for it! See you in February in Berlin! :)
-Morten Iversen

Zenith - Team Copenhagen (Retired)

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

First of all: A general high five to all the players and people behind the scenes who made this event the most epic SWCCG-experience for me since i started playing the game one and a half year ago. I guess i had secretly set my hopes a bit too high after my lucky first time super-showing at europeans 2011, and it was propably healthy for me to recieve a reality check from the worldst finest this weekend. Going 4-4 has motivated me to get better at this fantastic game and now its back to the Bat Cave and the drawing board. Ill be back with a vengeance for the year starter in Berlin, thats a promise!

Props:

- My danish team mates. You guys are a great bunch. Kristians enthusiastic organizing of our trips and locals stands out and so does Rasmus´ unlimited amount of positive energy. That guy can put a smile on anybodys face and he does so all the time. Rasmus doesn´t give a * who people are or where they come from he just spreads love, beer and cocktails 24-7! True story. He´s incredible.

- The swedes. All super cool guys but poor arm wrestlers. Maybe thats why they found and tamed an ogre with glasses and a super mario-moustache somewhere up there in the tundra and brought it to Bochum and thereby managed to get a tie at the Viking wars : )
Super work on that event, Pär. We´ll finish it next year. Emil, your win was incredible and i´m a big fan of your playstyle. Nuff said on that matter, pal.

- My pal jon for letting me down in the team event (well, not totally. we still finished third) and getting demolished in the main event just to get up early the day after, get his * together and co-win the consolation tourney. Great effort, Jon!

- Brian Herold for beating my aobs with infiltration in the first game of the main event. I won that matchup twice the day before in the team turney, and i thought i might actually have a shot at opening the event with beating a truly fine player. But no. Experience and skill prevailed, and eventhough things looked really good early game, brian simply out-played me in the last turns and won the game. Finding my den of thieves v would have helped, i guess.

- Chris and David for running a great event. You guys keep this thing alive and well here in the old world and i hope you´ll keep on doing so in the future.

- The US crew. You guys added some yankee flavour to the mix and i for one think that a worlds without exactly that would have been only half as great as it turned out to be. So thanks for taking the trip over and keeping this an intercontinental contest.

- The PC for keeping my favorite game so great and continously finding ways to improve it and to widen its horizon. Keep it up, guys!

- Casper aermet69 and Morten zenith for not being cylons.

Slops:

- Me for insisting on taking the ferry home. That call was even weaker than my meta call for the main event. Sorry, guys.

Thanks for a great worlds and see you all next year.

Best,

Tobias
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Props to Stefan Lambrecht for playing a RSTv very similar to mine from NACs and apparently going 3-1 with it!!! (if i'm reading the command cards correctly)

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Agree to all guys

Additional props:

to Chris for everything in arranging this spectacular event. You are the true embodiment of awesome

to Angelo for a couple great games, you would've deserved the title if you'd won. Also for arranging Day 1, fixing a trophy & voucher to Chris, and for being an awesome guy in general.

to the Danes - thanks for the roadtrip, the company, playtesting and helping us get back into the game. We would probably not been in Bochum if we hadn't started playing with you guys. You are all awesome

to DDM, Tamas, Marvin and all other guys for doing an awesome job with ruling, reporting and so on.

to the Northern Swedes - awesome seeing you again. Next year we will practice our beer-chugging a bit more

extra props to Kristian for the greatest SWCCG game ever, for handing me my fking trophy and arranging the trip

finally, to Pär - thanks for playtesting and the company. Too bad you missed day 3 - Hunt Down non-v will probably haunt you forever...

I will likely have missed a lot of props, but I will write an extensive report of this event, where I will be sure to miss no-one and nothing :-D
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I have uploaded and posted what I can so far, and will head home to get some sleep now. For the past 7 days I had an average of 3 hours sleep, and I'm so freakin' tired that I keep passing out while typing that. Every inch of my old body aching. :) The last time I felt so exhausted was when Enno and me almost died in the jungle (long story). The last time I felt mentally or emotially so good about something must have been much, much longer ago though! It was all worth it.

Again, thanks to DDM for sacrifycing his Day 3 spot and helping me do that.
And for Tamas for stepping in (as the Emperor's hand always did), and helping the whole Day 3 and part of Day 2 as well. And for him and Dennis to create the Excel Failure shirts. :) To Marvin for typing reports from 10 in the morning to 3 in the next morning. Cedrik, Stefaan and Gunnar for jumping in with the reports. Darren for hosting the consolation. Paul for helping with the SOS scores. We do have a great team out here!

I said everything else at the tourney, I hope. Also in writing again... thanks to Scott and Chris and all the other PC members for helping us with the prize support and being easy to work with guys!

Special thanks to my team partner Nico Kreidl. Sorry you didn't make the finals, but we were an good sport about losing against Brian, and it was fun to play as a team. And we have the mugs!

Also once more for my little Italian buddy, Angelo for moving me to tears, and all of you for helping him!

And one especially long kiss to my girlfriend Meike who put up with tons of nerdness all weekend and never once complained! That should not just be taken for granted either. Love you, honey. (I know!)
Sometimes I Even Amaze Myself.JPG
Sometimes I Even Amaze Myself.JPG (38.3 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
Sometimes I Even Amaze Myself.JPG
Sometimes I Even Amaze Myself.JPG (38.3 KiB) Viewed 2038 times
I will be offline tomorrow, since I'm at a conference then.

Euro Emperor logging off to get some frikkin' sleep now! ;)

:emp:
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Yoda007

Post by Yoda007 »

The stroopwaffels!
Tamas Papp

"Oh come on! How could playtesting results have a greater weight in this discussion than pure opinions?!
What’s the point of this forum if you rather believe in people who tested those cards instead of people who just know?" -BW

Holo
Booster Pack
Booster Pack

Post by Holo »

Props to the bar crew, without them I would never had come. I am starting to get sober after four days of cool gaming and drinking. Hopefully we will do europeans 2013 at the same venue 8>

Return to “2012 World Championships - Oct. 12-14”