Y2K/Worlds 2000 Tournament (12 October 2012)

Bochum Germany
rhtm70
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Y2K/Worlds 2000 Tournament (12 October 2012)

Post by rhtm70 »

Just out of curiosity, would there be anyone who can tell me what kind of decks were played in this tournament and maybe even have a deck list or two? My son and I thought about playing a few games from before v-slips and I thought this might be a good place to start. Thanks

Zenith
LS Region: Toola

Re: Y2K/Worlds 2000 Tournament (12 October 2012)

Post by Zenith »

I played Alex Tennet's Dark Surgeon (decklist) and Brian Hunter's Hidden Mains done RIGHT (decklist), with the later modified a bit to include a few Ref2 cards (since Hunter's list was pre-Ref2).

Other decks I saw were

Brangus Glee Superstar x2 (lost to this damn thing twice... ofc in the hands of the swedes)
WYS Palace Raiders x2-3
ISB Operations
Hunt Down And Destroy The Jedi
Michael Richards played the exact same two decks that I did (possibly not card-for-card, but looked veeeery similar). Fun coincidence :)

Don't recall what else was played.
-Morten Iversen

Zenith - Team Copenhagen (Retired)

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Haha I just read kevbozzzz's review of the Hidden Mains deck. I tell you, these swccg players are funny!

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

yea that's correct.

I went 2-2. Lost about 4 cards in total with DS. Lost to HD dueling by a lot. Had a small chance to come back but he found his SSPFT and that was that. Then, I lost to Brangus by a lot. I Ben Kenobi, EPP leia and Jedi Luke sitting in front of Mara with saber. Sniper, Lord Vader with saber and YAB, pretty much done me in.

Gergall fact for the weekend. I was 8-0 with DS and 3-8 with LS.
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

Zenith wrote:I played Alex Tennet's Dark Surgeon (decklist) and Brian Hunter's Hidden Mains done RIGHT (decklist), with the later modified a bit to include a few Ref2 cards (since Hunter's list was pre-Ref2).

Other decks I saw were

Brangus Glee Superstar x2 (lost to this damn thing twice... ofc in the hands of the swedes)
WYS Palace Raiders x2-3
ISB Operations
Hunt Down And Destroy The Jedi
Michael Richards played the exact same two decks that I did (possibly not card-for-card, but looked veeeery similar). Fun coincidence :)

Don't recall what else was played.
I wonder if we mis-played Morten; I have a memory of using Elis Helrot to apply a beatdown, but Insurrection was on table so I couldn't have...

Brangus was pretty broken back then, the shield was much needed.

My WYS was less Palace Raiders and more beatdown-oriented (started Draw Their Fire).

There was also a Yavin IV with Revolution and Goo Nee Tay.
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

Zenith

Post by Zenith »

I demand a rematch!!

Actually, I think your Elis beatdown might have been in your other DS game. I think most of my received beatdowns were self-inflicted, such as leaving Kal'Falnl to be beaten to a pulp (well, the You Are Beaten on Obi certainly didn't help the situation!)
-Morten Iversen

Zenith - Team Copenhagen (Retired)

Return to “2012 World Championships - Oct. 12-14”