Hyatt Regency - New Brunswick
Two Albany Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Registration Guide - http://www.starwarsccg.org/mpc.pdf
The Honky Tonk Man

Re: seeding

Post by The Honky Tonk Man »

Steviegets112 wrote:
Airdog2003 wrote:I love how people forget about Chu as they post their fake teams. It's cool, he's only like won Worlds twice and is one of the top 2 players in the game. What's even funnier is that he's gonna show up with some jank ass unplaytested deck that happens to be the perfect meta call for whatever pod he's in, crush everyone he plays and then roll into Day 2 like the Pats roll into the playoffs.

No disrespect to Baroni, but I think Desai's Tom Brady reference was off. Chu is Tom Brady. He's got the championships and records to prove it. Baroni is more like Chris Bosh. Super talented but hasn't won the big one yet.

ps i think someone is green with envy no oneis jumping to team with him
Yeah, Aaron is definitely a mad bro.

Mr. G
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by Mr. G »

You guys know that it's me and Justin, and honestly, avoiding as many people as possible in our area would be great. I don't feel like travelling just to play the same old guys, Greg, Gogolen, Bryan, Lingrell, you guys no who you are, no offense of course, except to Lingrell. 8>
Matthew Gountis
PA/NJ Area
Team Phoenix
HEY, CHECK ME OUT ON EBAY, I HAVE ALL SORTS OF SINGLES FOR SALE:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/cardlicker/m.ht ... 4340.l2562

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

mr007agent wrote:My first travel event was in 2002 at DecipherCon (my playtest partner was Thomas Whaley as I haven't became great friends with Matt Lush yet) and was the first time I took the game seriously. I couldn't make day 2. I made the bubble both times (they had two day 1's that year). .
:???
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

Meto wrote:
mr007agent wrote:My first travel event was in 2002 at DecipherCon (my playtest partner was Thomas Whaley as I haven't became great friends with Matt Lush yet) and was the first time I took the game seriously. I couldn't make day 2. I made the bubble both times (they had two day 1's that year). .
:???
Are you mad I didn't mention your * ass? Yea I lost to you and Scott that day, as much as I hate to say it.
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

deck
DS Region: Kashyyyk
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

mr007agent wrote: Like I said you guys did make the best decks in the past and you still make great decks, just not very innovative anymore.

Alright, mang. SW:CCG has been our secondary game for over three years. Three years ago I decided to take three events seriously and we innovated @ all three (one of which was the first big 2k event. how many people came up with a new, dominant deck for that event?).

I haven't gone to an event in 2010 or 2011 and TBH I don't know much about what steve, jon and justin played, so I pointed to their results. I realize I shouldn't have tried to make the argument about playskill, I guess that's for another spread.
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

Steviegets112 wrote:haha the luxuries of being on the best team in the game and we have the record to prove it.
You guys are def legit and I always love it when you show up for events. It makes it so much more fun. Not sure about the "best team in the game" thing. It probably depends on what period you're talking about b/c you guys haven't played in as many events in recent years and Shannon and I weren't even playing the game back in 2002. Nonetheless, I think you guys are rockstars.
Steviegets112 wrote:chu is like voldemorte you can't speak his name. im pretty sure Justins reference was just intended to diminish agnos. besides I've always admitted to being the.4th best player on my team. I've never claimed to be good at this game just better the you nelson and the rest of the empties out there

Wow some of the analogies in this thread are awesome. Chu = voldemorte. :lol:

PS: Aren't we 1-1 in games against each other Steve? :P
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

deck
GEMP Username: Profundity

Post by deck »

Airdog2003 wrote:
Steviegets112 wrote:haha the luxuries of being on the best team in the game and we have the record to prove it.
You guys are def legit and I always love it when you show up for events. It makes it so much more fun. Not sure about the "best team in the game" thing. It probably depends on what period you're talking about b/c you guys haven't played in as many events in recent years and Shannon and I weren't even playing the game back in 2002. Nonetheless, I think you guys are rockstars.
Steviegets112 wrote:chu is like voldemorte you can't speak his name.

If you want people to show up to more events, present them.
Mike "Deck" Gemme

I am now streaming SW:CCG Regularly! https://www.twitch.tv/deck104

My SW:CCG Podcast & Blog http://www.showmeyourdeck.tech - Updated 01/17/2017

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

Airdog2003 wrote:
Steviegets112 wrote:chu is like voldemorte you can't speak his name. im pretty sure Justins reference was just intended to diminish agnos. besides I've always admitted to being the.4th best player on my team. I've never claimed to be good at this game just better the you nelson and the rest of the empties out there

Wow some of the analogies in this thread are awesome. Chu = voldemorte. :lol:

PS: Aren't we 1-1 in games against each other Steve? :P

:)

Oh its so nice that your on the short list of swccg players that I actually like. If you want to compare records at majors (although everyone swccg tourney is a minor) between socal and ktod over the past few years I am pretty sure we dwarf you guys, but thats all semantics. I giant is only as big as the person next to him.

For all you fanboys out there don't get it twisted theres no hating going on here. Socal are like my brothers from my west coast mother. Were like Biggie and Tupac without the killings.

P.S.S. Didnt your fearless leader tell you.....only match wins count on day 3. I know you havent been there often so I'll led it slide this time

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

deck wrote:
Airdog2003 wrote:
Steviegets112 wrote:chu is like voldemorte you can't speak his name.

If you want people to show up to more events, present them.
Clarification por favor?!
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

Damn this thread sucks balls, I almost nodded off reading all this half-assed trash talk and chest beating. Here's the truth:

Team Ohio: been weak since Meeker took off to the Far East coast. If we actually were to get around to getting together for games I doubt you'd even bring your best *. I know I wouldn't. It'd be more like finding out what the other camp's NOT playing in Jersey. Boom roasted

Baroni: hence forth to be called baronial since that is what auto correct changes ur name to. No wonder u and brad have such a man love affair going on considering you are the brad eier of ur team. Speak loudly but carry a limp dick. Come talk to me after you have actually won a "minor." Boom roasted
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

3MW0J8 wrote:Damn this thread sucks balls, I almost nodded off reading all this half-assed trash talk and chest beating. Here's the truth:

Team Ohio: been weak since Meeker took off to the Far East coast. If we actually were to get around to getting together for games I doubt you'd even bring your best *. I know I wouldn't. It'd be more like finding out what the other camp's NOT playing in Jersey. Boom roasted

Baroni: hence forth to be called baronial since that is what auto correct changes ur name to. No wonder u and brad have such a man love affair going on considering you are the brad eier of ur team. Speak loudly but carry a limp dick. Come talk to me after you have actually won a "minor." Boom roasted

Reid go do some laundry.....Call me when you've got a real job

The Franchise
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Franchise »

reid smith

you look like the white kobe

but you play like lebron

most of the time pretty good on the first day

CANT EVER FINISH THE JOB ON THE SECOND DAY

The Honky Tonk Man

3MW0J8 wrote:Damn this thread sucks balls, I almost nodded off reading all this half-assed trash talk and chest beating. Here's the truth:

Reid starts off by talking how bad our smack talk is, and this delivers this turd...

To be fair, Reid, you are responsible for 75% of my SWCCG accomplishments and I wouldn't be the player I am today without you. With that said, you know that I have nothing to hide when it comes to decks.

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Harpster
GEMP Username: Sharpy

Post by Harpster »

Damn this thread is so full of win. I feel extremely confident going into this event as I get to playtest on a regular basis and am really excited to see all of you guys again!!!!

This will be my first MPC and hopefully I can finally place as well as I think I should lol whatever the * that means but yeah.

I am enjoying this "keyboard warrior" entertainment and look forward to the pod Seedings!!!

Thanks Googlen/Gshaw and anyone else involved!!

Peace out Nig Nogs!!!

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

HAHAHAHA at reid's explanation for why his team has been butt for the last five years...

"when meeker left we fell off..."

Meeker left at the same time me mike steve and chu came back. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

Team ohio/reditech is to good swccg teams as brandon schele is to swccg world champions.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

allstarz97 wrote:HAHAHAHA at reid's explanation for why his team has been butt for the last five years...

Meeker left at the same time me mike steve and chu came back. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

Team ohio/reditech is to good swccg teams as brandon schele is to swccg world champions.
14-2 in terms of worlds day 3 appearances since that time too champ. SCOREBOARD. heck kyle Krueger has just as many as your whole team.

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

I'm trying to figure out who you're taking digs at as "my team." If it's TO, well, we haven't been a "team" in several years. The last time I hung out with Brad and Booker outside of a tournament we didn't even play any Starwars. If it's Shewski, Carullis, et. al., that's pretty weak then. I couldn't achieve what little success I do achieve without those guys.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

The Honky Tonk Man

allstarz97 wrote:
allstarz97 wrote:HAHAHAHA at reid's explanation for why his team has been butt for the last five years...

14-2 in terms of worlds day 3 appearances since that time too champ. SCOREBOARD. heck kyle Krueger has just as many as your whole team.
You guys are a bunch of clowns. Arguing about whom is better than who at a card game that needs pieces of paper attached to the card to barely survive. Get a life.

With that said, the last person I want to hear from when it comes to winning on Day 3 of Worlds is Desai. :shock:

The Honky Tonk Man

I would say TO's involvement in the game actually kept it alive. We rejuvinated the tournament scene with our antics and it was going downhill fast.

You can send me a thank you card whenever you would like. We kept the seat warm for you.

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

Pools are posted in new thread. ENJOY!

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Return to “2012 Match Play Championship - February 10-12”