Nationals / MN States / Rosemount Invitational?

Days Inn Bloomington West
7851 Normandale Blvd
Bloomington, MN
MasterJediAdam
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Re: Nationals / MN States / Rosemount Invitational?

Post by MasterJediAdam »

puck71 wrote:
MasterJediAdam wrote:All

I am working some really sweet additional prize support, which I will send to Mark when I get it ...
You could always bring it in person too. :)
Still working it.

ImageImage

agnos

Post by agnos »

Was this event separated from Nationals or is it going to be fitted in on Sunday or something?

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

kinda want to win mn states more than i want to win nationals.

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

The Smoking Gungan wrote:kinda want to win mn states more than i want to win nationals.
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

Walsetmd
LS Region: Bespin

Post by Walsetmd »

agnos wrote:Was this event separated from Nationals or is it going to be fitted in on Sunday or something?
I don't know anymore Agnos. I was not brought into the communication about the final location and or details about the weekend. I sent a PM to Garrett, and waiting to hear from him first before making a statement.

Walseth
Walseth Top 8 (2015)
RMS FTW MN FTW Bespin FTW

agnos

Post by agnos »

Also, did you get the cards I sent? The USPS site hates me.

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

As of right now I am planning on Having the Rosemount Invitational as the Sunday event after Bespin regionals probably in July.

I wanted to hold The Rosemount Invitational (note the capital letters because this is a big event) in the City of Rosemount.

However that can be changed. Nationals is the main event of the weekend.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

deadbody wrote:As of right now I am planning on Having the Rosemount Invitational as the Sunday event after Bespin regionals probably in July.

I wanted to hold The Rosemount Invitational (note the capital letters because this is a big event) in the City of Rosemount.

I will let you and Mark sort it out, but here are my two cents:

1) I like Rosemount Open better than Rosemount Invitational, unless you actually are planning on sending out invitations to select people, which I don't think was the intention.
2) I think the Sunday of either weekend would work. As I can see it we have 4 events (Nationals, MN States, Bespin Regionals, and Rosemount Open) for 2 weekends/4 days. I think Nationals and Regionals need to be on separate weekends, but I think MN States and the Rosemount Open could flip-flip, depending on scheduling, etc.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

puck71 wrote:
deadbody wrote:As of right now I am planning on Having the Rosemount Invitational as the Sunday event after Bespin regionals probably in July.

I will let you and Mark sort it out, but here are my two cents:

1) I like Rosemount Open better than Rosemount Invitational, unless you actually are planning on sending out invitations to select people, which I don't think was the intention.
2) I think the Sunday of either weekend would work. As I can see it we have 4 events (Nationals, MN States, Bespin Regionals, and Rosemount Open) for 2 weekends/4 days. I think Nationals and Regionals need to be on separate weekends, but I think MN States and the Rosemount Open could flip-flip, depending on scheduling, etc.
I'll leave #1 up to Mr. Walseth. I like either name.

#2 is exactly my feeling. I won't run nationals and Regionals on the same weekend. I think both weekends will have similar turnout. I'm not real bothered by either option. If Mark wants the Rosemount tournament to follow Nationals (where 4 people will for sure not be able to play in it) instead of regionals (where there will be a 2 player playoff on the same day so everyone can play the next day) I'll do that for him. But only because he is so damn cute.
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Walsetmd

Post by Walsetmd »

deadbody wrote: If Mark wants the Rosemount tournament to follow Nationals (where 4 people will for sure not be able to play in it) instead of regionals (where there will be a 2 player playoff on the same day so everyone can play the next day) I'll do that for him. But only because he is so damn cute.
Well I have to say that comment just turned my day around.

#1 I think I like "Rosemount Open" - But can we get something in parenthesis like (Charity Event)?
#2 I think I would really like to get this with Nationals. I'll really sell it hard here in Rosemount. I'll make sure we get like 30 people (just from Rosemount) for the Charity Event, and I'll plug Nationals for my more advanced players. I just feel like a complete ass though after you guys made that official sticky post to have you change the name and stuff. If this is any issue at all please feel free to keep it as is.

I have to go right now, but I'll try to get it later, my ideas for cost, prizes and selling points.
Walseth Top 8 (2015)

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

Mark. Have them comes play in nationals either way. I'm gonna do my best to keep entry fees low and playing in a big tournament is a fun thing.
Image Image

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

I think we should have the Rosemount kids play in a room with a large glass window for the rest of us to watch... like a playland for SW children... We'd let them wear their shoes when they go in to play though...

All humor aside... I don't care either way about when a Rosemount event is held... having it in concordance with Nationals would be a nice idea for out of towners to come and donate to the cause... also, we could have something with Nationals and ramp things up for later in the summer for a Bespin Regional/Rosemount Open thing...
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

cooleo1c
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by cooleo1c »

I feel the same way. I think Sunday should be the Rosemount Open. However it has to be at the hotel in my opinion.
Thanks!

Walsetmd

Post by Walsetmd »

Cooleo -

Can you change your sticky thread "Event Details" so that it says...

Sunday, June 10th, 10:00am:
- Rosemount OPEN (Charity Event), 6 games
- $20 Suggested Donation

I will post a thread about all the details once I get a few things locked down from Scott, and have time to type it up.

I also agree. The Rosemount Open will be at the same location as Nationals.

I assume we have the conference rooms booked at the hotel. Do you know if they offer a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel? If so that should be mentioned in the 1st post with all the details too.
Walseth Top 8 (2015)

cooleo1c
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by cooleo1c »

Walsetmd wrote:Cooleo -

Can you change your sticky thread "Event Details" so that it says...

Sunday, June 10th, 10:00am:
- Rosemount OPEN (Charity Event), 6 games
- $20 Suggested Donation

I will post a thread about all the details once I get a few things locked down from Scott, and have time to type it up.

I also agree. The Rosemount Open will be at the same location as Nationals.

I assume we have the conference rooms booked at the hotel. Do you know if they offer a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel? If so that should be mentioned in the 1st post with all the details too.
yep all that is in the original post
Thanks!

Walsetmd

Post by Walsetmd »

Amazing job there everyone, from Garretts leadership to Cooleo's creativity.

I'm really looking forward to this and appreciate all the hard work you guys do.

My plan is to...
1) Post a written presentaion on why we (Rosemount) would like the support for the community (out of state players)
2) Explain what exactly it is we do here.
3) Continue to keep an open dialog with the PC
4) Create Flyers to hand out at Nationals
5) Contact the outer staters to see if they can make it

I think in the end it's better to keep MN States and Regionals seperate from Nationals. One has a local vibe while the others should stand as it's own weekend.

Thanks,
Walseth
Walseth Top 8 (2015)

Walsetmd

Post by Walsetmd »

Hey Guys -

Just finished #1 and #2. Will post as soon as I hear back from the PC on a couple of things. Working on the other numbers too.

Please check my other post about the roster and who's coming.

Thanks,
Walseth
Walseth Top 8 (2015)

Walsetmd

Post by Walsetmd »

To All:

This Friday afternoon I'll be releasing my first statement about Nationals. At which point I think I'm going to start sending out PMs and begin creating a 2nd Post about attendance.

Thanks Everyone,
Walseth
Walseth Top 8 (2015)

Walsetmd

Post by Walsetmd »

Sup Peeps -

Ok, in case you didn't see. I posted a new page about what and why I'm hosting the Rosemount Open (Charity Event) on June 10th. Also if you didn't know, the PC is generously donating the Travel Voucher to any where in the world. So now that I've formally announced what's going on. The next step is to get people to commit. The tricky thing about getting people to commit is they usually won't until there's a solid roster (Catch 22 if you ask me)... So I'm going to make another official post once I confirm 10 players attending, NOT including, my 20 from Rosemount.
Here's what I have so far...
1) Garrett -TD
2) Peter (Jeeps) - IN
3) Ryan (Cooleo) - IN
4) Ross (?) - IN
5) Brian (The Smoking Gungan) - IN
6) Mark (Walsetmd) - IN
7) John (Puck71) - IN
8) Chris S (Imrahil327) - IN
9) Mark (Bionic Hand) - IN

I have not yet heard from...
1) Piston (?)
2) Brady (?)
3) Chris H (?)
4) Johnny C (?)
5) Chris W and his Son Jan (?)
6) Seth A (?)
7) Stephen M (?)

If you know their SWCCG Username I'll send a PM to them and see where they're at.
I'm also in contact with a few others who are maybes. The usual, "if I have the time / money... I'll go." Which I predict if we can get an impressive lineup, they'll be in.

If you have any suggestions on other people I should contact I'm game. And don't worry Rosemount will have a massive showing. Jake, Mitch, I'm hoping Thomas, and everyone else. I should be bringing 20 at least possibly 30 to this thing. We're gonna for sure represent.

My point is once I get a for sure 10. I'm hoping Imrahil will sticky a roster list.

I've been in contact with KEVIN SHANNON! And I'm really hoping we can get the WORLDS 2011 Champion to this and a possible rematch for Brian. Damn that would be exciting. And I don't know Johnny's Username but I have to say he was one of the nicest guys I met at Worlds and would love it if he could make this.

So help me out, and post here Usernames of people I should contact (including the 8 above).

IF YOU'RE COMING FEEL FREE TO POST HERE AS WELL!

Thanks,
Walseth
Last edited by Walsetmd on February 18th, 2012, 1:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Walseth Top 8 (2015)

Ghosttrain

Post by Ghosttrain »

Walsetmd wrote:6) Chris W and his Son Jan (?)
This is Jan. I was already hoping to make it out to this event, but that ticket to Germany has me even more interested. It is doubtful that Pops will make it though, he doesn't really travel to events off the east coast.

I'd say I'm about 75% on going to this right now, if queso is going then bump that up to 80%. If he, Garret and I (and whoever else wants to come) can do a disc golf outing at some point then make it 85%.
Lord Jannister

Time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth...

Return to “US Nationals - June 8-10”