Page 1 of 1

Location?

Posted: January 10th, 2012, 6:47 pm
by fallensith
So this is in Minnesota or Chicago? Cause it would be ackward to drive a long way for that.

Re: Location?

Posted: January 10th, 2012, 6:58 pm
by imrahil327
Just check the baseball schedule ;) It will be in Minnesota, as I promised last year.

Re: Location?

Posted: January 10th, 2012, 7:44 pm
by Mr. G
Is this looking to be the major event in the US that is replacing Worlds that is taking place in the US, or will there be something later in the summer?

Re: Location?

Posted: January 10th, 2012, 7:45 pm
by imrahil327
Mr. G wrote:Is this looking to be the major event in the US that is replacing Worlds that is taking place in the US, or will there be something later in the summer?
There will be an event in Atlanta around the time of regular Worlds...expect an announcement on the format etc by the end of the week.

Re: Location?

Posted: January 10th, 2012, 8:20 pm
by cooleo1c
We're still deciding where this will take place. As of right now it looks like a hotel near MOA and the airport. The Light rail system is there as well. If you attend you may never need to pay for a cab.

Thread: http://starwarsccg.org/index.php?option ... &start=100

Image

Re: Location?

Posted: January 10th, 2012, 8:22 pm
by puck71
cooleo1c wrote:
Mr. G wrote:Is this looking to be the major event in the US that is replacing Worlds that is taking place in the US, or will there be something later in the summer?
I'm just going to say yes.
Yes to what? Strictly speaking this is NOT the "major event in the US that is replacing Worlds." That would be the one that's going to be in Atlanta sometime later in the summer, like Chris said.

Re: Location?

Posted: January 10th, 2012, 8:24 pm
by cooleo1c
puck71 wrote:
cooleo1c wrote:
Mr. G wrote:Is this looking to be the major event in the US that is replacing Worlds that is taking place in the US, or will there be something later in the summer?
I'm just going to say yes.
Yes to what? Strictly speaking this is NOT the "major event in the US that is replacing Worlds." That would be the one that's going to be in Atlanta sometime later in the summer, like Chris said.
:cry:

Re: Location?

Posted: January 11th, 2012, 2:33 pm
by Throdo
I hope I can make this!

Re: Location?

Posted: January 11th, 2012, 2:42 pm
by cooleo1c
Throdo wrote:I hope I can make this!
us too!

Re: Location?

Posted: January 13th, 2012, 10:00 pm
by Malix Solosar
Great call having this event in Minneapolis (as long as it's not at that dingy card shop where you had worlds '08)! Especially in the summer time. Disc golf anyone?

Re: Location?

Posted: January 14th, 2012, 1:18 am
by puck71
Malix Solosar wrote:Great call having this event in Minneapolis (as long as it's not at that dingy card shop where you had worlds '08)! Especially in the summer time. Disc golf anyone?
TCC rocks! But we're not having it there.

Re: Location?

Posted: January 15th, 2012, 8:07 am
by deadbody
Malix Solosar wrote:Great call having this event in Minneapolis (as long as it's not at that dingy card shop where you had worlds '08)! Especially in the summer time. Disc golf anyone?

Anyone that wants to come early on Friday and throw a round of disc golf is good with me. I can make that * happen.

Re: Location?

Posted: January 15th, 2012, 11:18 am
by quesosauce37
deadbody wrote:
Malix Solosar wrote:Great call having this event in Minneapolis (as long as it's not at that dingy card shop where you had worlds '08)! Especially in the summer time. Disc golf anyone?

Anyone that wants to come early on Friday and throw a round of disc golf is good with me. I can make that * happen.
:D

im actually seriously thinking about trying to make this event....

maybe roadtrip it with mcgee or my gf or something.....

Re: Location?

Posted: January 15th, 2012, 11:49 am
by puck71
quesosauce37 wrote:maybe roadtrip it with mcgee or my gf or something.....
wha? those aren't the same person??

Re: Location?

Posted: January 15th, 2012, 11:53 am
by quesosauce37
puck71 wrote:
quesosauce37 wrote:maybe roadtrip it with mcgee or my gf or something.....
wha? those aren't the same person??
no, mcgee is a dingus, my gf is like amazing!

plus Ali makes me awesome stuffed animals and carrot cake cupcakes, mcgee just has an evil dog who eats destroyer droids

Re: Location?

Posted: January 15th, 2012, 2:12 pm
by imrahil327
Stupid dog. You should come, Jerry. I'll be there, I'd love to frolf with you & Garrett. If we work it right, it might be better/cheaper for me to fly to CO and road trip with you rather than getting one of the annoyingly expensive direct flights.

Re: Location?

Posted: January 15th, 2012, 3:49 pm
by Jeeps
imrahil327 wrote:Stupid dog. You should come, Jerry. I'll be there, I'd love to frolf with you & Garrett. If we work it right, it might be better/cheaper for me to fly to CO and road trip with you rather than getting one of the annoyingly expensive direct flights.
Well, "cost" is a subjective concept here... it may "cost" you less financially, but the emotional and physical "cost" may be more than any mortal should have to bear...

Either way, I hope at can get at least one mustache ride.

Re: Location?

Posted: January 15th, 2012, 6:21 pm
by quesosauce37
The real question is if there's any hookups for green peppers wink nudj wink nudj

Re: Location?

Posted: January 16th, 2012, 4:53 pm
by JediJer
I don't know if I could survive 15 hours in a car with the sauce.

Re: Location?

Posted: January 16th, 2012, 4:56 pm
by quesosauce37
JediJer wrote:I don't know if I could survive 15 hours in a car with the sauce.
Ouch




But i think wesa can all agree that maven and his lemonade fetish is far worse