Days Inn Bloomington West
7851 Normandale Blvd
Bloomington, MN
jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Top 6: Angelo Consoli vs. Brian Herold. Game 2

Post by jimli »

Angleo starts MWYHL, Sonn(v), 6 Jedi tests under test 6, DODN/Wise advice, BP/draw their fire, and Thrown Back (v).

Brian starts mining, with I'll take them myself, gift of the master, and security precautions non-v deployed to Kessel.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Re: Top 6: Angelo Consoli vs. Brian Herold. Game 2

Post by jimli »

Prior to activating, Angelo plays rebel leadership to grab ackbar, Brian plays a dark time to grab a control and retrieve one. Angelo plays grabber, chasm and aim high, Brian plays sonic bombardment to grab the 2/0 and grabs the spice mine mission. Brian plays abyss and grabber.

Finally we have some activation, Angelo plays the bog clearing and h1 war room, pulls Yoda's hut from reserve, and plays Yoda, Leia, backpack, yoda's hope, reflection and way of things all from reserve. Test 1 goes out and that's the end of turn.

Brian activates, plays the prison, 4-lom(v) to the administrator's office. Brian pulls blaster rack, the 2/1 exterior kessel site, and we mine, we see a Jedi Lev and a Sidious, so nothing gets stacked. Brian draws.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Angelo activates, and loses Yoda's hope to take Jedi Lev into hand. (apparently you can do that, who knew.)

Brian plays secret plans, Angelo draws for test 1. We see an ICBW and a rebel leadership as the draws. Angelo retrieves Yoda's hope.

Angelo plays Jedi Lev non-v to search his reserve and pull a card, then deploys test 2 to the bog clearing. Angelo moves the testers over and draws.

Brian 4-loms, activates, deploys the 2/1 interior site from hand.

Spice mine administrator goes to the 2/0 site, tries to reveal pellanon to grab justifier, but can't find one. Angelo gets to verify.

EPP Vader goes to the exterior 2/1, we mine and Brian gets to stack Angelo's rebel leadership. (by drawing an imperial command)

Brian draws and ends his turn.

agnos

Post by agnos »

Yay! Looks like Brian is playing my spice build.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

After Angelo activates 1, Brian plays sonic bombardment to grab the new fett. He then 4-loms and puts out coward shield.

Angelo attempts test 2 and fails. He redeploys the Yoda's hope he lost last turn. He then deploys from hand the jungle that was eluding him last turn and draws.

Brian reveals slave 1 to grab father of fett from reserve, and deploys the boba he got last turn, all to kessel. Angelo plays escape pod but can't find anything, so Brian now also gets a verify.

Brian plays the mine device, mines and stacks quick draw on mine. Then draws.

Oh, at some point Angelo played Projection on the exterior 2/1, where vader is parked.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Angelo now successfully completes test 2.

Angelo deploys hasshin to the H1:war room, brian barriers, Angelo grabs barrier.

Angelo plays Fallen Jedi in front of vader, battles. Angelo draws a 6, Brian plays close call, Angelo then draws a 7. Brian draws a 5, since test 3 is still sitting at the jungle, that breaks Fallen Jedi's immunity and everyone dies. Yoda and Leia move over and complete test 3 and that's the turn.

Brian activates, plays garindan to the h1 db where the barriered hasshin is sitting. Cyborg commander goes down there also along with his saber from reserve.

Brian mines and stacks mace (along with his epp vader from lost) battles at the h1 war room but it gets It's a trapped. Brian draws.

jcb213
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jcb213 »

jimli wrote: Angelo plays Jedi Lev non-v to search his reserve and pull a card, then deploys test 2 to the bog clearing.
Did you mean Used Pile here, or was this a misplay? (Jedi Lev non-v lets you search your used pile)
James Barnes

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Angelo activates, deploys test 4. He checks his reserve and sees a 2 and a 6. Home 1 goes to Kessel from hand. Hasshin makes his way to the home one, leaving Cyborg commander and garindan at the war room. Since the only other bg Brian occupies is kessel, Angelo plays coward shield. The testers make their way to test 4.

Brian's turn, Sidious with his saber goes to the 2/1 exterior site, and tatooine Maul in his ship goes to Kessel. Now Angelo does not have presence at Kessel since it's just the H1 and hassin. We do know that his very first action in the game was rebel leadership for ackbar, so I'm not sure why he hasn't shown up yet. (not that ackbar will do anything against tat. maul)

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Yes, I did mean used pile. Just assume everything weird is me being an idiot. :-)

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Angelo completes test 4 during his control phase.

Luke JK goes to the 2/1 exterior site to face off against Sidious, and gets an elegant LS and his bionic hand.

Angelo starts a fight, he exchanges a card, Brian plays sniper to add 3, Angelo plays dodge and Brian misses his swing.

After Brian misses, Angelo plays courage of a skywalker v to duel, and draws a 6 and a 7. Brian draws a 3 and a 4, Sidious is lost and luke is just hanging out there.

Move phase, Luke shuttles up to home 1, so Maul no longer works.

Brian's turn, he attempts to alter the projection after tracking a maul to make sure he succeeds, and then activates the rest.

(BTW, test 5 is now on table, but has not begun the attempt yet)

Brian stacks sidious from lost to mineing, and then mines, but no destines match.

Spice mine admin takes sidious into hand and he goes right back out to the 2/1 site. Another Tat maul goes to lost pile to pull sidious' saber.

During Brian's draw phase, Angelo plays Collision. Brian has two ships at Kessel, Angelo draws r2inr5 and chooses the 0. So the Fett ships stay and Maul in ship goes to lost.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

During Angelo's turn, he starts test 5, he deploys ackbar and starts a fight at Kessel. Angelo draws 13 total (7 and 6) and Brian draws a 1 and 6 which are both -1. Brian loses both fetts and one overflow, but the slave 1 stays. Angelo shuttles luke and saber + arm down to face sidious again, then draws.

Brian has 25 in reserve still, Angelo has 15.

Brian activates, drops Maul YA and his saber along with Sidious in front of Luke. He attempts to battle, but Angelo It's a Trap again. We mine and stack a card, but angelo pays 3 to put one of Brian's cards out of play. (sniper combo)

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Angelo activates, snipered Maul YA. He deploys Obi (premier, v) and his saber. He draws a couple of cards, tunnle visions, puts a card back with thrown back v, recirculates, and gets the r2 in r5 on test 5. He also pays 3 to retrieve 3.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Brian activates, plays pellanon who pulls the justifier to Kessel. Brian mines, gets a match with his cards but can't steal Angelo's r2 in r5.

Angelo activates, grabs something with test 4 and we debate whether or not it's the collision. Brian attempts to disarm Luke but it gets canceled by KDH I think. Brian YABs Luke.

Angelo battles at Kessel. Brian plays Imp command to add a destinies. Angelo loses nothing, Brian loses justifier and pellanon.

Battle at the 2/1 site, Sidious gets hit, Sidious does not hit Obi. Brian loses sidious and ghhhks.

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Hm, interesting to follow this :)

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

at this point, Brian has no board presence and Angelo controls both the 2/1 and the system. Time is called. The rules for timed wins are +2 (diff between the two). Angelo is clearly going to win the match, but also wins the match by placing all 5 cards from hand in lost pile to place the 5 cards stacked on mining in his used pile.

Calaglin

Post by Calaglin »

thx for the updates.
Can you inform Angelo (and Chris) that Italy played 1-1 against Spain, and Germany won against Porugal with 1-0.
Cedrik V. - Belgium
Ruler of the Low Countries

MasterJediAdam
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by MasterJediAdam »

jimli wrote:at this point, Brian has no board presence and Angelo controls both the 2/1 and the system. Time is called. The rules for timed wins are +2 (diff between the two). Angelo is clearly going to win the match, but also wins the match by placing all 5 cards from hand in lost pile to place the 5 cards stacked on mining in his used pile.
This has got to be the pro play of the day!
ImageImage

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

Calaglin wrote:thx for the updates.
Can you inform Angelo (and Chris) that Italy played 1-1 against Spain, and Germany won against Porugal with 1-0.
I was actually at a wedding and kept drinking till 7 am in the morning. Helluvaparty.
So, my Italian buddy went on his own this time.

Which is good for me and bad for Master Herold, who was kicked out of the tourney, as I seem to be in every other tourney by my arch nemesis. Hug to Brian Herold (and hug to my buddy Angelo, too).
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

alcuin18
GEMP Username: alcuin18

Post by alcuin18 »

MasterJediAdam wrote:
jimli wrote:at this point, Brian has no board presence and Angelo controls both the 2/1 and the system. Time is called. The rules for timed wins are +2 (diff between the two). Angelo is clearly going to win the match, but also wins the match by placing all 5 cards from hand in lost pile to place the 5 cards stacked on mining in his used pile.
This has got to be the pro play of the day!
As a player still trying to learn all the strategies of the game, this is such a smart play to me. Both players made so many great plays throughout this game, reading this report was a nice learning experience for me. :)

Return to “US Nationals - June 8-10”