7851 Normandale Blvd
Bloomington, MN
jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

The battle of the nelsons, Game 1

Post by jimli »

Aaron vs. Jake.

Jake, as the higher seed, picks dark side. It's CRv walkers against Aaron's TIGIH.

I'm sorry(v), Prepare attack, Inconsequential barriers for Jake, Merc, quick draw, wokling for Aaron.

Jake grabs blizz 2 as his first action and then activates.

Blizz 2 goes to the 5th marker, and I'm sorry grabs a cloud sector. The blizz 2 costs Jake all of his force. Jake plays abyss, grabber, fanfield and secret plans.

Aaron plays grabber.

Jake uses fanfield to grab the nabrun cancelling immediate effect.

Aaron activates, Jake uses short range fighters to grab a tie interceptor. Jake plays Battle Order shield.

Aaron plays h1:db from hand, pulls saitor from reserve. plays seeking, and moves Luke over to the db. Draws.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Re: The battle of the nelsons, Game 1

Post by jimli »

Jake activates. deals one with YMSYL, which Aaron deals with by putting preped defenses OOP with Merc.

Jake looks for a trample and doesn't find one. As Aaron verifies we see a flood of high destiny red cards in Jake's reserve.

Jake puts out floating refinery on his cloud sector, a tie interceptor to the sector and pulls the weapon from reserve. Draws and Aaron's turn.

Aaron activates and Jake Short Range Fighters for another interceptor.

Aaron pays to drain 2, Jake lose a short range fighters from used pile and top decks a WMAOPs. BTW, the short range fighters are the non-v version.

Aaron puts out Naboo battle plans, and puts fallen jedi there.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Jake activates, ping for 1 with YMSYL. Aaron topdecks a antilles manuever. Jake uses the floating refinery to retrieve a card.

Jake grabs another could sector with I'm sorry and puts out another tie and gun there.

Now that he has two ties at two sectors, Jake pings for one w/ I'm sorry. Aaron loses Most Impressive from hand. Jake draws some.

Aaron activates, pays to drain with Luke, Jake loses MM/EO and the bridge from hand. (I guess he doesn't need more activation?)

Aaron drains for 2 with Fallen Jedi, Jake topdecks a flawless marksmenship and a Imp. Propaganda.

Aaron has no deploy phase action, and during battle phase, Jake plays accelerate to grab Imp Decree non-v. Aaron draws.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Jake activates (I assume I can just skip this for the rest of the tournament, they will all activate I assume)

Jake pings 1 for YMSYL and I'm sorry, and plays two of the destiny 7 interrupts that makes opponent lose 1. Aaron grabs 1 with hindsight. Jake plays reactor terminal!! and decree. draws, accelerates during his draw phase and grabs image of the dark lord. Aaron retrieves 1 with Luke.

Aaron plays we wish to board during his activate to grab IHSA. Drains for 2 with Fallen Jedi which gets propaganda'ed. Aaron plays his IHSA, Leia RP to the H1 db, and then the home 1 to hoth. Jake loses 1 to IHSA, end of turn.

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Harpster
GEMP Username: Sharpy

Post by Harpster »

meh bad jimli your on point!

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Jake pings for 1 with I'm sorry, and 1 with YMSYL. Pay 3 to drain at two cloud sectors, and retrieves one with floating refinery. We see some non-essential but high destiny cards go from Aaron's hand/reserve.

Image of the dark lord gets played at Luke's site. Jake tries to short range fighters but can't find anything.

Currently H1 is at Hoth, Luke is at a db but with decree and image not draining, and fallen jedi is at the battle plains. Jake has a tie at each sector and blizz 2 by itself at the 5th marker. Both player have decent hand sizes and 20+ cards in reserve.

Jake draws, ends his turn.

Aaron's turn, he drains for 2 at hoth which gets atrocities, and then two at battle plains.

Mace windu goes to Hoth on board the home 1. For 3 force Mace can shuttle thru the cloud sectors to marker 5, and is joined by Leia from the home 1. Now Jake does not have presence at the marker site.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Jake's turn, he pings for 1 with I'm sorry, retrieves a card with floating refinery, artillery and pay to drain for 3 more damage.

Oh, Artillerys again for another force. It now get's grabbed on the real grabber.

Another floating refinery on the second cloud sector.

Jake plays PotF on the naboo battle plains!!!! Can't wait to see what comes next.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Actually I played against Walseth before, I guess I know what comes next.

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

jimli wrote:Actually I played against Walseth before, I guess I know what comes next.
I knew someone had a legit reason for needing 5x enter the beurecrat!

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

imperial propogand non v-

aaron wont fall for that *
or he will just hindsight the damage

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

but playing propoganda's in a deck that plays im decree and image seems dumb as hell to me

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

I forsee this game taking a while lol

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Jake loses 1 for IHSA, plays Operational as planned for another Imp. Propaganda.

Aaron drains for 3 at the battle plains. Jake plays propaganda to reduce by 2, and then propaganda non-v to make aaron lose 8. Aaron loses 4 cards and uses Merc Sunlet to place 4 cards OOP.

Aaron continues to drain for 2 at Hoth and 1 at the marker site.

Aaron places wokling out of play to retrive a card, then checks his reserve to see a 4, 4, and 1.

Aaron plays HCF to a cloud, dtf, battles to retrieve and make Jake lose 1. Jake then shoots the HCF down.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Jake pings for 1 with I'm sorry, and then plays Limited Resources to make Aaron lose 4. He then pings for 1 and 1 and the cloud sectors. He now also retrieves 2 with the two floating refineries.

Jake now plays location x3 non-v! (Go reading *, I had to) Draws and loses one for IHSA.

Aaron drains at the battle plains, Jake loses 3 and then plays another propoganda. Aaron is facing a 12 card loss now.

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

lol, awesome.

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

Aaron loses 6 and places 6 cards OOP with Merc.

Aaron continues to drain for 1 at the marker site and 2 at Hoth.

Jake activates, he has maybe 10 cards in life force now. Aaron has less.

Jake pings for 1, drains 1 and 1 at each cloud sector, and retrieves one with cloud sector, loses 1 to location x3 and IHSA.

Jake plays another limited resources. Aaron has 5 cards left in life and not enough cards in lost pile.

Aaron has 1 force left, drains 2, 1, 3. Jake is left with 2 cards in reserve and none in hand.

Aaron retries a character, giving him 2 force left. But he has to lose 1 to location x3, and on Jake's turn 1 to I'm sorry.

Jake wins game 1 by 2.

The Honky Tonk Man

Post by The Honky Tonk Man »

Minnesota is the Vietnam of SWCCG.

patmagroin
DS Region: Kiffex
DS Region: Kiffex

Post by patmagroin »

Doesn't the propaganda bomb only trigger once you actually lose more than 2 to a drain? I.e. You can't use propaganda v to reduce the loss below 3 and then drop the non- v version? I could be wrong, but that's how I thought it works.

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by Hobbie »

patmagroin wrote:Doesn't the propaganda bomb only trigger once you actually lose more than 2 to a drain? I.e. You can't use propaganda v to reduce the loss below 3 and then drop the non- v version? I could be wrong, but that's how I thought it works.
i thought this exact thing when i read the report...
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

You are correct, they both found out after the game, heh.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Return to “US Nationals - June 8-10”