7851 Normandale Blvd
Bloomington, MN
Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Re: The battle of the nelsons, Game 1

Post by Hunter »

Active judging!! Rabble rabble! :)

mikefrench wrote:i'm an idiot who can't control himself.

teh_brainiac
LS Region: Bespin

Post by teh_brainiac »

Hobbie wrote:
patmagroin wrote:Doesn't the propaganda bomb only trigger once you actually lose more than 2 to a drain? I.e. You can't use propaganda v to reduce the loss below 3 and then drop the non- v version? I could be wrong, but that's how I thought it works.
i thought this exact thing when i read the report...
we both learned. besides, it wouldnt have mattered cause i wouldve played it next turn and i think it actually saved aaron a few more cards. oh well.

also, merc sunlet is stupid as hell.

gratz to aaron
just an above average minnesotan

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

How did you have so many fewer cards in lost pile than him that he was able to keep using it?

teh_brainiac

Post by teh_brainiac »

_maul wrote:How did you have so many fewer cards in lost pile than him that he was able to keep using it?
i wouldnt say i had more, just that i was doing way more damage

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

Cause when your opponent makes you lose cards they go to your Lost Pile.

We were consistently counting Lost Piles to make sure I was able to use Merc.

And yes, I agree that Merc Sunlet v is a terrible card Jake.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

_maul
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by _maul »

Airdog2003 wrote:Cause when your opponent makes you lose cards they go to your Lost Pile.

We were consistently counting Lost Piles to make sure I was able to use Merc.

And yes, I agree that Merc Sunlet v is a terrible card Jake.

ahh, for some reason I thought this was the game you won :???

Makes a lot more sense.

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

Harpster wrote:imperial propogand non v-

aaron wont fall for that *
or he will just hindsight the damage
jimli wrote:Jake loses 1 for IHSA, plays Operational as planned for another Imp. Propaganda.

Aaron drains for 3 at the battle plains. Jake plays propaganda to reduce by 2, and then propaganda non-v to make aaron lose 8.
Aaron drains at the battle plains, Jake loses 3 and then plays another propoganda. Aaron is facing a 12 card loss now.
:lol:
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

mr007agent wrote:
Harpster wrote:imperial propogand non v-

aaron wont fall for that *
or he will just hindsight the damage
jimli wrote:Jake loses 1 for IHSA, plays Operational as planned for another Imp. Propaganda.

Aaron drains for 3 at the battle plains. Jake plays propaganda to reduce by 2, and then propaganda non-v to make aaron lose 8.
Aaron drains at the battle plains, Jake loses 3 and then plays another propoganda. Aaron is facing a 12 card loss now.
:lol:
It wasn't so much "falling for it" as much as a calculated decision on Aaron's part. He decided that if he just skipped that drain of 3 every turn for the rest of the game, he would lose because Jake would out damage/retrieve him.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Yeah, Aaron verified and knew it was coming.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

Yep. I was hoping he only had one non-V propaganda. Also draining through the IP's did cause Jake to lose 11 cards. /shrug

The made two mistakes that game (and still only lost by 2)...draining through the Propaganda bomb was not one of them.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!

Image Image

teh_brainiac

Post by teh_brainiac »

not overflowing my walker was one, what was the other? something to do about battling with hcf?

jimli
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jimli »

teh_brainiac wrote:not overflowing my walker was one, what was the other? something to do about battling with hcf?
Didn't Aaron have DTF out by that point? If he did the HCF was a 0 for 1, (lost card and retrieval for him, card loss for you) don't know what else it could've done really.

I'm guessing one of the mistakes was not grabbing the first Artillery.

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

jimli wrote:
teh_brainiac wrote:not overflowing my walker was one, what was the other? something to do about battling with hcf?
Didn't Aaron have DTF out by that point? If he did the HCF was a 0 for 1, (lost card and retrieval for him, card loss for you) don't know what else it could've done really.

I'm guessing one of the mistakes was not grabbing the first Artillery.
Yeah, the HCF play was fine. Worst case is I play a card to retrieve 1 and make you lose 1. Best case is you miss the shot and I beat the * outta your TIE and make you stack a card. You only had three saved at that point so you just had to miss once and I am pretty sure I had Wesa to subtract if you drew a two.

My two mistakes were (1) Shuttling Leia down to blank your ability instead of beating up your Walker and making you stack one (though I was a little afraid of a random Blizzard 4 which probably would have overflowed my lone Mace). (2) Grabbing Artillery with Hindsight v instead of Tradgedy (I later grabbed it with Tradgedy anyways once I figured out you played like 5 of them). I was saving the grabber cause I expected a Lightsaber Def v/Protofailure loop. Nonetheless, it was a mistake...fortunately Walkers is still broken so I ended up winning the match. :-D
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!

Image Image

FlorisV

Post by FlorisV »

Airdog2003 wrote:(2) Grabbing Artillery with Hindsight v instead of Tradgedy (I later grabbed it with Tradgedy anyways once I figured out you played like 5 of them). I was saving the grabber cause I expected a Lightsaber Def v/Protofailure loop. Nonetheless, it was a mistake...fortunately Walkers is still broken so I ended up winning the match. :-D
Mistake, why? IMO it would be a mistake if you knew (or should have known) what he was playing and how many copies...I would do the same, expecting only 1 Artillery and some other abusive interrupts also x1. Seems it's just bad luck because he happens to play a less standard variant of the deck.
http://www.mymero.com

Ryloth Region
ImageImage

teh_brainiac

Post by teh_brainiac »

FlorisV wrote:
Airdog2003 wrote:(2) Grabbing Artillery with Hindsight v instead of Tradgedy (I later grabbed it with Tradgedy anyways once I figured out you played like 5 of them). I was saving the grabber cause I expected a Lightsaber Def v/Protofailure loop. Nonetheless, it was a mistake...fortunately Walkers is still broken so I ended up winning the match. :-D
Mistake, why? IMO it would be a mistake if you knew (or should have known) what he was playing and how many copies...I would do the same, expecting only 1 Artillery and some other abusive interrupts also x1. Seems it's just bad luck because he happens to play a less standard variant of the deck.
he verified turn 2 lol

cooleo1c
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by cooleo1c »

Sorry it took so long. YouTube was being a pain. Here's the video for game 1. I'll try to upload game 2 tonight.

GAME 1: http://youtu.be/fWNaR-rxAic
GAME 2: Coming soon
Thanks!

deadbody
Lead Moderator

Post by deadbody »

FlorisV wrote:

As opposed to the standard variant of the both clouds with guns deck??? Lol
Terron wrote:Does some RPG book list the Rockwell hardness of AT-AT ankles? Can't we settle this like real virgins?
Image Image

Like good beer? http://www.surlybrewing.com

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

cooleo1c wrote:Sorry it took so long. YouTube was being a pain. Here's the video for game 1. I'll try to upload game 2 tonight.

Cooleo, can you upload this to the pc YouTube channel?

@swccg
worlds.starwarsccg.org
justin.tv/swccg
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Lukes Bionic Hand
Retired Advocate
Location: A realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it

Post by Lukes Bionic Hand »

Advocate wrote:
cooleo1c wrote:Sorry it took so long. YouTube was being a pain. Here's the video for game 1. I'll try to upload game 2 tonight.

Cooleo, can you upload this to the pc YouTube channel?

@swccg
worlds.starwarsccg.org
justin.tv/swccg
The Smoking Gungan wrote:worf plays for canada even though that team has no honor and plays dirty
Image Image

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Is it the game taped?

Yes.

Is it not?

I don't know. Mesa day startin pretty okee-day with a brisky morning munchy, then BOOM! Gettin very scared and grabbin that Jedi and POW! Mesa here! Mesa gettin' very very scared!

@swccg
worlds.starwarsccg.org
justin.tv/swccg
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Return to “US Nationals - June 8-10”