Days Inn Bloomington West
7851 Normandale Blvd
Bloomington, MN
AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Re: Deck Lists

Post by AnakinSolo »

Kevbozzz wrote:
If the people on the other side of the debate would agree to this compromise, it would alleviate my main fear with a "serious" decklist policy. I'll even write out full card names (and maybe throw some nicknames in the margin, depending on how funny it seems at 4am).
As someone on the other side, I both see your point and agree to it. I think it needs to be clear that TDs are empowered to fix decklist problems in a way that is judged appropriate, and fixing the decklist should absolutely be an option (to be honest, i consider this to typically be the most fair way of solving decklist issues, especially obvious ones - because if you force someone to switch from huntdown v to huntdown mid tournament you seriously impact the entire field. SOS for every single player will potentially be impacted, and the ruling is essentially cascading. For the good of everyone, changing decklists needs to be an appropriate option.

Well, Bye.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

my point, which may not have been made clear, and if so i apologize, is that this ranting by people about decklists happens after every single event. i don't win major events, so i can't answer this question, but aaron: wouldn't you rather people be talking about "holy crap aaron nelson is amazing at swccg" instead of a now 6 page thread telling you to write your decklist better?

i as much as anyone can appreciate a good trolling via decklist, as i've done a number of them in the past. however, in more recent years, i've come to accept the fact that the decklist aspect of swccg really shouldnt be about "giving me a platform to rant or troll" and instead it is about "being a clear and concise way to disseminate information."

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Kevbozzz wrote:
If the people on the other side of the debate would agree to this compromise, it would alleviate my main fear with a "serious" decklist policy. I'll even write out full card names (and maybe throw some nicknames in the margin, depending on how funny it seems at 4am).
In the example you provided, I'm ok with that. The TDs are usually people who play and can make that decision. Maybe do a SoS penalty or give them a warning or such the first time to try and reinforce the rule. After so many warnings, then the penalty gets upgraded to the next level. You don't want people to take advantage of this rule and be sloppy about it because they know nothing will happen.

Return to “US Nationals - June 8-10”