Deck Lists

Days Inn Bloomington West
7851 Normandale Blvd
Bloomington, MN
Cam Solusar

Re: Deck Lists

Post by Cam Solusar »

darkjediknight11 wrote:the F-M one is the same file as the A-E one
Sorry about that. Here you go. Had to split up the F-M file.
Attachments
2012 Nationals J-M.pdf
(3.43 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
2012 Nationals J-M.pdf
(3.43 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
2012 Nationals F-H.pdf
(4.98 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
2012 Nationals F-H.pdf
(4.98 MiB) Downloaded 73 times

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

Did anybody see how the socal scoundrels deck played? I can't make my version work and it's pretty similar exept that I use the power three leia who reacts with a friend And her rifle instead of bousch and saber. How did this version play and how did it win?
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

TB wrote:Did anybody see how the socal scoundrels deck played? I can't make my version work and it's pretty similar exept that I use the power three leia who reacts with a friend And her rifle instead of bousch and saber. How did this version play and how did it win?

Those guys could win with JP Sealed decks, so the decklist rarely matters. Its all about the in-game moves and tracking tracking tracking.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

gogolen wrote:
TB wrote:Did anybody see how the socal scoundrels deck played? I can't make my version work and it's pretty similar exept that I use the power three leia who reacts with a friend And her rifle instead of bousch and saber. How did this version play and how did it win?

Those guys could win with JP Sealed decks, so the decklist rarely matters. Its all about the in-game moves and tracking tracking tracking.
I know. But still, they must have decided on some kind of significant strategy or playstyle. A direction to take the game, so to speak. Did they set up fast, did they stay on nar shada, how did they protect their semi mains, what did they do in space? And stuff like that.

When I play the deck I can feel that it has potential, but i Can never decide on exactly how to play it, so i end up doing a little bit of everything and loose. guess id simply like to know how other and better players use the deck.
Results:

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

My guess is it plays more as a reactive deck, so what you do will depend on what your opponent does. However, I haven't even looked at their decklists, so I don't know if that's the case or not.

PDFs are posted in the downloads section as well:
http://www.starwarsccg.org/index.php?op ... Itemid=149

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

Still think it is lame that people don't take decklists seriously. "Jew-bacca..." seriously? I like the socal guys, a lot, but it just seems like one of those things that clashes with parts of the game that are taken seriously.

This may sound like a personal rant but why can't I spell qui gonn with a "ob" instead of a "qu" but it's ok to spell chew as jew?

Jeeps

Post by Jeeps »

i agree. whole-heartedly.... I would have preferred 'Chu-bacca'
Peter Jacobson

PLO KOON!

DVD ROTS

Post by DVD ROTS »

I had a similar reaction when I was reading Aaron's lists, but at the end of the day, as long as the cards are all decipherable.

That said, Jeeps, did you redo Jake Nelson's lists and post them? Because otherwise, his are the prime example of what Justin's saying.
Kevbozzz wrote:When you're crushing Hyperdrive with BHBM, Booker doesn't come rappelling through your kitchen window demanding that you play real decks.

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

I'm surprised how with all those kids there, only two of them brought stickers for their decklists.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

DVD ROTS wrote:I had a similar reaction when I was reading Aaron's lists, but at the end of the day, as long as the cards are all decipherable.

That said, Jeeps, did you redo Jake Nelson's lists and post them? Because otherwise, his are the prime example of what Justin's saying.
I mean decipherable but then what if someone else has a decklist error--how can you possibly penalize them while others are not using the correct card titles?

To play devil's advocate couldn't I make up my own names for all 60 of my cards..."what does bazingabanana-man mean justin?" "oh thats what we call epp maul" --"oh, ok cool"

Yeah I didn't even see the decklists from Jake Nelson when i wrote this, lol "political effect"

mserisman

Post by mserisman »

Well with Aaron he handles Dr prescriptions for a living, so we will forgive his handwriting.. lol

But yes, some of these are a joke. It seems like either the PC mandates typed or legible decklists in order for National Events, or else just abandons any pretense of it.

But I guess as long as its legible and you can kind of see what is in there? Reading these is like being back in high school for a few minutes.. :)
"Never content to just rest on your laurels, you are always still reaching skyward, looking to achieve staggering new heights in douchebaggery." - Hunter towards someone who will not be named

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

As with everything else, what kind of consequences would people want? Delay the event while someone has to re-write lists? DQ people? Personally I take decklists seriously and strive to make sure mine are 100% right, and as legible as possible (my handwriting isn't great). But I do use abbreviations and stuff quite a bit. I try to only use ones that are obvious, but they probably aren't obvious to everyone.

It's easy to say "rabble rabble, ppl suck at decklists and we should do something about it" but what should be done?
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

honzohh
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by honzohh »

It's easy to say "rabble rabble, ppl suck at decklists and we should do something about it" but what should be done?
DQ. Only way to make people take it seriously is to give serious punishment. Im all for having a good time, but....as others have mentioned it needs to be as specific as possible. And dear God, no stickers....

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

1. Amend tournament guide to introduce required deck list standards. (TBD by tournament committee how strict or lenient to be on abbreviations, with practicality in mind; Hunt Down's full title for example is almost impossible to get on one line without writing microscopically.)

2. The first time a player violates those standards, intentionally or not, that player is issued a warning following the discovery of this violation. This can happen any time after lists are posted, and is self-policing; everyone can see the lists so anyone can comment on them to point out the jewbaccas or ubi-wans or what have you

3. At the next championship circuit event that player attends, that player MUST conform to the guidelines from 1. and also must submit to mandatory pre-tournament deck checks (and possibly other penalties such as being required to submit lists for the event in typed format/email them to the tournament director, or mandatory early arrival time the morning of the tournament to allow time for deck and list examinations.)

4. Repeat offenders subject to further discipline.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

Still think it is lame that people don't take decklists seriously. "Jew-bacca..." seriously? I like the socal guys, a lot, but it just seems like one of those things that clashes with parts of the game that are taken seriously.

This may sound like a personal rant but why can't I spell qui gonn with a "ob" instead of a "qu" but it's ok to spell chew as jew?
Is there really any question as to which cards "Jewbacca, Walking Carpet" or "Imperial Ass-trocity V" are? Seriously?

This is no where close to being the same as writing something super vague like "bazinga banga man" on a list or "politcal effect x4" or "Qui-Gon with Saber" when it should have been "Obi with Saber" or "Blockade Flagship" when it should have been "Blockade Flagship: Bridge."

As I understand it, there are two reasons we ask players to fill out decklists. The first is to ensure fair play and disincentivize someone from cheating by switching cards in between rounds. The second is to help other players learn by enabling them to see what some their fellow nerds are playing at major event X.

As long as a decklist fulfills these two purposes, what is wrong with having a little fun with a card name here or there? Or putting stickers on your deck list? Or writing "Septoid Droid" or "Chokk" on every line of your decklist and then crossing it out and writing the name of the actual card you are playing? Some people want to have a good time and think it's kinda funny.
DQ. Only way to make people take it seriously is to give serious punishment. Im all for having a good time, but....as others have mentioned it needs to be as specific as possible. And dear God, no stickers....
This is a terrible suggestion and a great way to discourage players from coming out to major events that require decklists.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

Some of you guys take this * way too seriously. It's just a card game run by a bunch of volunteers. Play it and have fun.

Aaron is spot on about the 2 purposes of decklists.

And Justin I think what happened to you at worlds 08 was *, and what happened to guys like Chu and Lewis at worlds 2000 was a * travesty. If the tournament guidelines were up to me you'd never have had to go through that * and Chu would be a 3-time World Champ. Ask yourself if that would be so bad and consider coming over to our side on this issue.
Check out ShanCast, my SWCCG podcast! Past episodes can be found at www.spreaker.com/user/shancast, or via the Spreaker app (search for #SWCCG).

ImageImageImage
3MW0J8 wrote:If DBO comes back again I swear I will quit for good.
DDM wrote:All hail Kevin Shannon!! :rimshot
3MW0J8 wrote:holy balls KSBOOTMFY
Schele wrote:I guess you're not as bad as I thought you were.

honzohh
Sealed Deck
Sealed Deck

Post by honzohh »

This is a terrible suggestion and a great way to discourage players from coming out to major events that require decklists.
Really? Both MTG and WoW TCG require accurate decklists and neither of those games seem to be suffering in attendence...

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

@Nelson: i totally agree on that. Jewbacca walking carpet should be pretty easy to decipher for everyone out there. Now, please tell mé about your scoundrells build : )
Results:

Airdog2003

Post by Airdog2003 »

honzohh wrote:
Really? Both MTG and WoW TCG require accurate decklists and neither of those games seem to be suffering in attendence...
And I'm guessing both of those games are still in print and offer huge cash prizes at multiple events each year. Their large numbers also mean they give less of a * about a handful of players getting DQ'd and quitting the game/never traveling to attend a big event again. Most of our community does care and want the few players who are willing to travel to keep coming out. DQ a few of those players from an event that they've taken time off work and spent hundreds of $$$ to travel to because some dude on the forums doesn't like that they wrote "Jewbacca, Walking Carpet" on their decklist or put a couple stickers on it and see if they bother flying out the following year.

Like I said before, DQing people for silly comments or easily correctable decklist errors is a terrible suggestion.
Kevbozzz wrote: And he rose out of the ashes of scrubdom, like a mighty Phoenix.
Aaron Nelson
Star Wars is fun!
Props to my Lakers - 2009 & 2010 World Champions...suck it Boston!

Image Image

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

DQ'ing is a bad idea obviously, but I think what reid outlined is pretty solid. I think this is pretty similar to when you guys used to always show up late to day 2s, 3s... If you are the one showing up late it's easy to say "hey no big deal, everyone is here to have fun" But if you are on the other side, and you take time to adhere to the rules then you get annoyed when others don't. We are here to have fun but we are not playing warhammer in a basement, there is cash on the line, and people are spending $$ to fly to these things etc, we have a ridiculously detailed rulesbook, advocates etc...it's not just pure fun like people playing lotr or something. Saying it's all in fun no big deal you're a jerk for pointing it out is really a cop out, we're trying to make the game better, not nitpick you guys.

While dq'ing a kid is obviously going to make him never want to play again, a guy who comes across our site, used to play,but sees the way things are seemingly run might also never join because it looks like we are said "warhammer" basement guys and not what we really our, a dedicated group of players who DO take this game seriously....let alone someone who may or may not be offended by the word "jew" being thrown around casually. I am not in any way trying to say that your decklist is anti-semetic but when you use "jew" in a "joking" context I don't think it's good for the public perception of our game, neither is the planned misspelling of a word to include a swear word.

Is writing these decklist names all that fun for you? You guys keep saying we just want to have fun... is it really fun or is it just a pattern you've fallen into? If you guys are actually deriving fun from this then I don't really know what to say other than maybe you should leave giggling at writing swear words and other things that really shouldn't be connected to joking on decklists to a 13 teen year old or something...

...oh wait, there was entire class of 8th graders at nationals who DID write their decklists correctly...it was the adults that didn't.

Return to “US Nationals - June 8-10”