Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

User avatar
3MW0J8
Member
Posts: 4260
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 8:54 pm
Location: I said I have the most 2nd places

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by 3MW0J8 »

I thought keith's "scumslip" early on was actually a queen slip and that maul would see that and djk would shoot right to the top of his most likely queen suspects lists. So I spent the rest of the game trying to act as queenish as possible so that if I was around when maul took his shot then maybe I could get maul to fire at me.

TBH it is shocking to me that djk makes that comment, gets little to no votes all game, is one of only TWO possible target options for maul at the end, and maul STILL misses. Yes platy that is pretty much a rip. That is why I voted out Gergs and JJD cuz I knew there was no way they would make that mistake if either of them were maul and it came down to it.


Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 4729
Joined: August 21st, 2003, 2:57 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by Meto »

3MW0J8 wrote:I thought keith's "scumslip" early on was actually a queen slip and that maul would see that and djk would shoot right to the top of his most likely queen suspects lists. So I spent the rest of the game trying to act as queenish as possible so that if I was around when maul took his shot then maybe I could get maul to fire at me.

TBH it is shocking to me that djk makes that comment, gets little to no votes all game, is one of only TWO possible target options for maul at the end, and maul STILL misses. Yes platy that is pretty much a rip. That is why I voted out Gergs and JJD cuz I knew there was no way they would make that mistake if either of them were maul and it came down to it.
This. I really did think Keith's post was awful and tried to make it useful for the town and tried to hide him a little. I never actually made a single post in here while drunk. It just didn't seem like anyone was actually trying to find Maul and after everyone passed up the opportunity to do something useful with my calling out Djk, I had to go.

Everyone ignoring those posts was just awful.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

User avatar
Shewski
Retired Advocate
Posts: 27782
Joined: December 17th, 2002, 1:23 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by Shewski »

3MW0J8 wrote:I thought keith's "scumslip" early on was actually a queen slip and that maul would see that and djk would shoot right to the top of his most likely queen suspects lists. So I spent the rest of the game trying to act as queenish as possible so that if I was around when maul took his shot then maybe I could get maul to fire at me.

TBH it is shocking to me that djk makes that comment, gets little to no votes all game, is one of only TWO possible target options for maul at the end, and maul STILL misses. Yes platy that is pretty much a rip. That is why I voted out Gergs and JJD cuz I knew there was no way they would make that mistake if either of them were maul and it came down to it.

yeah I'm amazed at that. You guys did try to turn it into lemonade.

How should we have been trying to make it useful? I guess a few of us vote with you and then back off. If you pick us off in case we were Maul but if we are not then maul should be able to see what that was.
Mike Tomashewski

User avatar
3MW0J8
Member
Posts: 4260
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 8:54 pm
Location: I said I have the most 2nd places

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by 3MW0J8 »

@Meto tbh I thought u might be Maul cuz of the way u jumped right on him. Imagine you were Maul, he had given u the perfect reason to investigate him and if you're wrong, no skin off your nose, but if you're right, it will quickly become apparent to you
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

User avatar
JarJarDrinks
Member
Posts: 26257
Joined: November 4th, 2003, 10:01 am

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by JarJarDrinks »

WTF was wrong w/ keiths post? It was exactly what I was thinking and could have posted the same thing myself.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

User avatar
darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
Posts: 22981
Joined: April 17th, 2005, 5:26 pm
Location: Chicago
GEMP Username: djk11

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by darkjediknight11 »

yeah i still don't think it was that bad either

maul (if not hunter) should have seen as well as anyone else that hunter got too many votes to be queen, so we could lynch him without losing and still find out if he's maul or not

User avatar
Gergall
Member
Posts: 20691
Joined: December 9th, 2002, 1:14 am
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by Gergall »

I thought DJK's slip was bad. You shouldn't say "if so-and-so is padme" because who are you talking to there? Maul?
Greg Zinn

Image

User avatar
JarJarDrinks
Member
Posts: 26257
Joined: November 4th, 2003, 10:01 am

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by JarJarDrinks »

darkjediknight11 wrote:so, i kinda agree with gergall on this one

and it seems a safe bet he's not padme, with how close he already gotten to 7 votes

so change vote hunter
I dont get how this is a slip
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

User avatar
Gergall
Member
Posts: 20691
Joined: December 9th, 2002, 1:14 am
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by Gergall »

it seems a safe bet he's not padme
Who are you and who are you talking to?

Are you a handmaiden talking to Maul? Are you Maul talking to a handmaiden?

This is such a bizarre thing to say that only Maul or Padme, in a moment of forgetfulness, might actually say it.
Greg Zinn

Image

User avatar
darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
Posts: 22981
Joined: April 17th, 2005, 5:26 pm
Location: Chicago
GEMP Username: djk11

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by darkjediknight11 »

I don't agree. I don't see how it can't be a handmaiden talking to the other handmaidens

Halfwingseen
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 5731
Joined: May 20th, 2008, 5:26 pm
Location: Orlando, Florida

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by Halfwingseen »

darkjediknight11 wrote:I don't agree. I don't see how it can't be a handmaiden talking to the other handmaidens
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrpBLDWyCI
Hunter wrote: I think you're right.
Image

User avatar
JarJarDrinks
Member
Posts: 26257
Joined: November 4th, 2003, 10:01 am

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Gergall wrote:
it seems a safe bet he's not padme
Who are you and who are you talking to?

Are you a handmaiden talking to Maul? Are you Maul talking to a handmaiden?

This is such a bizarre thing to say that only Maul or Padme, in a moment of forgetfulness, might actually say it.
He's a handmaiden talking to the town. Cause you know, it was a safe bet that hunter wasnt padme. I'm serious when I say I was thinking of saying the same thing.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 4729
Joined: August 21st, 2003, 2:57 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by Meto »

Except that every single handmaiden already knows he's not Padme. Maul was literally the only person that didn't know that.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

User avatar
JarJarDrinks
Member
Posts: 26257
Joined: November 4th, 2003, 10:01 am

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Meto wrote:Except that every single handmaiden already knows he's not Padme. Maul was literally the only person that didn't know that.
Yes that's the point. Every handmaiden already knew but maul didn't. Once hunter got to 6 votes then maul knew too.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

User avatar
3MW0J8
Member
Posts: 4260
Joined: January 29th, 2003, 8:54 pm
Location: I said I have the most 2nd places

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by 3MW0J8 »

All's well that ends well. Thanks platy for missing a 50/50 shot. And nice work Shew on tricking him into taking it right away. GG guys and I use the term loosely. lol
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

User avatar
darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
Posts: 22981
Joined: April 17th, 2005, 5:26 pm
Location: Chicago
GEMP Username: djk11

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by darkjediknight11 »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
Meto wrote:Except that every single handmaiden already knows he's not Padme. Maul was literally the only person that didn't know that.
Yes that's the point. Every handmaiden already knew but maul didn't. Once hunter got to 6 votes then maul knew too.
Yeah I didn't give maul any information he didn't already know

The essence of my post was "alright well we've let maul (if he's not hunter) know that hunter isn't the queen, if we switch to someone else we've given him that info for free, so we might as well get info ourselves and see which way hunter flips"

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 4729
Joined: August 21st, 2003, 2:57 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by Meto »

If I didn't know for a fact that you were the queen, your post would have caused me to crusade to have you lynched. Period. I'm not the only one that felt your post was bad. I'm also glad that I reacted the way I did. I think if nobody reacts at all to your post, Maul automatically knows puts you at the top of the queen list. I was even more distressed when everyone else completely ignored the post and my response to it.

It worked out, but at the time you made that post and everyone acted like it was no big deal, I thought we were done. I thought Maul had you pegged and he was just waiting to see, in case he was wrong, before he finally shot at you.

I know I'm not the only one that felt that way about your post. I also think that my response to it and Reid's repeated mention of it kept the town from losing the game. Ever since you made that post, I felt like we had to walk a line where we mentioned you as a possible Maul without lynching you.

Strategically, the post didn't bother me. It looked really useful. But nobody pushed it. After my post I felt like either I had to explain why I thought your post was awful, and then the town doesn't lynch you because you're Padme, and Maul knows who you are, or I had to get myself lynched to avoid all questions about it so the town doesn't actually have to discuss it and bring it to a vote.

I was the perfect patsy for this because, "I'm drunk, lol."
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

User avatar
Hunter
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 14928
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 3:27 am

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by Hunter »

JarJarDrinks wrote:WTF was wrong w/ keiths post? It was exactly what I was thinking and could have posted the same thing myself.
darkjediknight11 wrote:yeah i still don't think it was that bad either
I agree with both of you. DJK's post is a perfectly natural thing for any Town player to say. And when I was telling Gergall that he hadn't mentioned the ONE legitimate reason for making me the Day 1 Lynch, it was that Maul can already see (by my near-lynching) that I'm not the Queen, exactly as DJK pointed out.

So, rather than thinking DJK's post looks like a Queen tell, I think Meto's reaction looks like a Queenslip. He talks like DJK's post is a scumslip, and acts all excited about voting against him. When there was never any scumslip (or any other kind of slip) from DJK at all. Makes it look like Meto is trying really hard to manufacture a reason to vote against him. In other words, makes DJK look like the Queen.

At the time, I couldn't tell if Meto was a Handmaiden telling Maul who our Queen was, or if he was a Maul who just happened to pick a really bad lynch target. When I voted against JediJer, but said that there were 3 other players I wouldn't mind lynching, the 3 other players were Puck71 (who I did help lynch, once there was an opportunity), Platypus, and Meto (just because of that one post where he votes against DJK).

Right then, my suspect list was (in order): JediJer, Meto, Platypus, Puck71

I don't think there was much of anything wrong with what Puck did. I think he was a decent Day 1 lynch, but very little of that was through any fault of his own.

So we lynch Puck71, and on Day 2 I go back after JediJer, still tops on my list. I feel fine about voting against him when I place the vote, but when he moves his vote to the player that the Queen is voting against, and "asks the handmaidens to reconsider" it makes me think that he is trying to tell us "Look, I know who the Queen is, I'm following his vote, don't lynch me." So I plan to move my vote elsewhere, but I'm not sure how I'm going to phrase my reason for switching, because I don't want to give away that the reason I'm switching is because JediJer is telling us he knows that DJK is the Queen. I decide I'll figure out how to phrase it after my nap, but he gets lynched before I return.

I don't think there was much wrong with what JediJer did, either. And if more people had interpreted his vote switch the same way I did, it would have been enough to keep him alive. (I'm not even 100% sure that was the message JediJer was intending to send though. If not, then obviously what I thought I saw as a Town indicator was really just coincidence, and nobody else "missed" it.)

Suspect list is now just Platypus and Meto.

Day 3 I question Meto about why he's voting against dorshe1, and he just says "Because?" which isn't the kind of reaction I usually get from Scum players when I question their actions. I'm still not completely sure he's Town yet though, until, when he is near to being lynched, he says that we should lynch Reid next, and promptly puts his vote on DJK again. This is a ridiculous thing for any player to do unless one of the two players (Reid or DJK) is the Queen.

So now I am completely convinced that Meto is Town, and my suspect list is down to only Platypus, although I am becoming increasingly wary of Gergall. I can't figure out a good way of telling people how I know that Meto is Town without specifically calling attention to the fact that his vote against the Queen (while recommending we lynch someone else next) doesn't make any sense unless he knows that he is voting against the Queen. So I don't have a way to save Meto from the Noose, and quite frankly, I want him dead, because I think he has now given Maul hints about the Queen's identity TWICE. I don't ever cast a vote against Meto, but he gets lynched, and I'm fine with that, because he was "in my way."

Day 4, I re-read the thread and realize that I have given Gergall way too much Town credit just for making ONE play that is crazy for Maul. It is crazy for Maul to come after me on Day 1 the way that he did, because coming after me early in games has gotten a lot of people lynched, and his *reasoning* for why I should be the Day 1 vote could lead to him being lynched on similar grounds. So just because of this one thing, I made myself blind to the possibility of him being Maul through the first 3 phases, even going so far as to convince other players voting against him (like JJD and Meto) that maybe they shouldn't be. But upon re-reading the thread, I decided that the Scum indicators against him were stronger than the ONE piece of evidence that defended his innocence. And I also knew that dorshe and JJD had previously voted against Gergall, and I thought that dorshe and JJD were both Town players who were both playing pretty well. Meto had also voted against Gergall, and...well, he was a Town player too, if nothing else.

I move Gergall ahead of Platypus on my suspect list, and vote against him. But am myself the Day 4 lynch. I had seen some things from Shewski during my re-read that I didn't like. People had pretty unanimously agreed that he'd done a good job of looking incredibly Town in the 6-player game, and I didn't think he was looking as clearly Town in this one. He also talked about getting scummy vibes from various players (including DJK) without voting against them, which is something Maul could do if he was just trying out some feelers.

So I left Day 4 (and the game) with a Suspect list of Gergall, Platypus, Shewski.

I guess I can understand why I needed to be lynched, but I was very surprised that Cam went next, and kind of surprised that JJD and dorshe were also lynched before the Town ever got around to Maul. I followed along with the thread after my death, and never saw anything from those 3 players that would ever make me want to lynch them. I also never had interest in voting out Reid, but I wouldn't have blamed anyone for lynching him, either.

Platypus I thought did a perfectly good job of looking like his usual self. You can't count on him to contribute much when he's Town, so he coasts very easily as Scum, and I believe has won at least one game as Scum in the past where I was nowhere near catching him. And I'll freely admit that his presence on my Day 1 suspect list had less to do with any "scumminess" I thought I might sense in his posts, and more that I just thought he probably wouldn't post much, so we wouldn't lose much by lynching him if he's a Handmaiden, and then you don't have to worry about getting deep into the game with him, and still not having much to look at to try and figure out his allegiance (he's kind of a walking advertisement for why you lynch lurkers). Even on Day 3, when I decide Meto is Town, and I haven't done my Day 4 re-read (that raised my suspicions of Gergall and Shewski) yet, and Platypus is really the ONLY player I'm interested in lynching, there still wasn't much of anything I could use to try and build a "case" against him. My best reason for thinking he was Maul was just that he started on my suspect list on Day 1, and still had yet to make a single post that would ever make me reconsider having him there.

So anyway, I think he did a good job of hiding. But like Reid, I am surprised that he guessed wrong on who the Queen was, with only 2 opponents left in the game (and what I had perceived to be 2 very big hints from Meto).

LVT: Meto
Runner-Up: No one (I think Gergall and Reid played it a little oddly, while dorshe and JJD used an approach more like my own, but that doesn't make Gergall or Reid wrong and me right.)

MVT: Lot of options for this. dorshe's plan would have probably won us the game much sooner than we actually won it. I think there were a few of us who did some decent Scum-hunting. And obviously you have to consider DJK and Shewski, when they got Platypus to pick wrong at the end (even if someone wanted to put a lot of this on Platy's shoulders, I don't think you weight it as 100%/0%)

Congrats to all 11 winners! Sorry, Platy. ;)

Don't think I would play this one again. But it CANNOT be a worse cluster-* than the thing Puck just posted. I can't imagine what the point of that is supposed to be.

User avatar
Hunter
World Champion
World Champion
Posts: 14928
Joined: February 10th, 2003, 3:27 am

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by Hunter »

Meto wrote:If I didn't know for a fact that you were the queen, your post would have caused me to crusade to have you lynched. Period.
If you had both been Handmaidens, I'm pretty confident that you would still have been the one getting lynched. DJK being the Queen isn't why you got lynched instead of him. What you said is why you got lynched instead of him. JJD and I both read the situation the same way that DJK did, and running over both of us at the same time on anything (when everyone knows there can't be more than one bad guy) wouldn't be easy to do.
Meto wrote:After my post I felt like either I had to explain why I thought your post was awful, and then the town doesn't lynch you because you're Padme, and Maul knows who you are, or I had to get myself lynched to avoid all questions about it so the town doesn't actually have to discuss it and bring it to a vote.
Well, we agree that you needed to be dead so that no one would talk about what you had said in your posts. The only difference is that you think you needed to die to hide a mistake from DJK, and I think you needed to die to hide mistakes from you. So that's why I contentedly sat and watched while you got a Noose, instead of trying to figure out a way to tell people I knew you were Town, without needing to explain exactly how I knew you were Town. (And it's possible that there were other Townies who also knew you were Town, but similarly thought you needed to die, so that explaining your innocence would not have made a difference.)

User avatar
Gergall
Member
Posts: 20691
Joined: December 9th, 2002, 1:14 am
Location: Long Island, NY
Contact:

Re: Padme in the Palace Voting Thread

Post by Gergall »

darkjediknight11 wrote:The essence of my post was "alright well we've let maul (if he's not hunter) know that hunter isn't the queen, if we switch to someone else we've given him that info for free, so we might as well get info ourselves and see which way hunter flips"
That's what you should have posted!
Greg Zinn

Image

Post Reply

Return to “Forum games”