The Last Jedi Mafia GAME OVER - SCUM WINS

rhendon

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 2 Ends 9/3 @ 4pm EST

Post by rhendon »

WiseMarsellus wrote:knowing who rey is shows that i used my detective ability, that i really am r2d2. it was probably an overreaction but i really wanted town to trust me and to move their votes along with me. that didn't materialize, but who knows, maybe cal gets lynched if i don't say that. more likely though, revealing that information was a misplay on my part
WTF? Are you stoned?

I know who Leia is, does that make me anything? No. I also have no idea how you know who Rey is.
R2-D2 may choose one of the following abilities to use, each night.
SA/NF: Each Night, R2-D2 may Investigate a player to determine if they have Night Activity during the current Night.
SA/NF: Each Night, R2-D2 may Investigate a player to determine who they target with any abilities during the current Night.
SA/NF: Each Night, R2-D2 may Investigate a player to determine who targets them with any abilities during the current Night.
That is your role. So which ability says you learn who Rey is? Let's say you targeted someone to see who they targeted. 2 people could have gone at BM last night. Rey/3P0. Do you know if 3P0 is in the game or not? I don't see how you could. So you say you know who Rey is based on what here?

Let's say you see who targets someone. Well again those same 2 people were just as likely to go at BM. So do you know who 3P0 targeted or if he is in the game? No. So how do you know Rey? Do you have some secret ability that I don't know about?

Also none of that should give you insight onto Cal. You don't look at the larger picture of the game. You look at short term stuff. Gergall busing Cal is bad short term. It is good long term if he can get town cred and stay hidden for longer, especially when Cal has already picked up a lot of votes on a two noose day. Its likely that he would choose to go down that path rather than out himself defending him. But I know you would out yourself to defend him in this situation for all that short term glory but no long term glory.

All you are basing it on is Gergall voted for Cal (he was no where near the biggest supporter of that lynch; I was and Hunter was). He was more defensive of Hunter. So that should put us into that role rather than him, but you've tunnel visioned on him and I want to know why. Because I'm listed what you're telling me and it doesn't add up. And now you're going to tell me that Gergall being so defensive of Hunter means Hunter = scum. I guess I missed the part where we are playing * candyland mafia instead of an actual mafia game. No way Gergall/Hunter scum team makes that play.

Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

WiseMarsellus wrote:
rhendon wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:
rhendon wrote:Yea how is Cal not scum?
gergall wanted to lynch cal. he's been on cal all day. he made multiple cases against cal. he was sincerely trying to get cal lynched. there is NO WAY he does that to a teammate on day 2 after we've already lynched red day 1
Why?
what do you mean, why? you think the red team comes right out of the gate swinging at one of their teammates day 2, after already suffering a loss day 1? you think they just barely miss getting two lynched day 2? and the only reason they didn't is because the guy who counterclaimed one of their players was super vocal about people moving votes?
Oh I see. So we are basing this game off of them making the obvious play of defending their teammates and giving themselves away.

Ok. By all means lead day 3.
Hunter wrote:

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

WiseMarsellus wrote:
Hunter wrote:
rhendon wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:
gergall wanted to lynch cal. he's been on cal all day. he made multiple cases against cal. he was sincerely trying to get cal lynched. there is NO WAY he does that to a teammate on day 2 after we've already lynched red day 1
Why?
1) Yes, why?

2) Furthermore, how the hell would you have known that Gergall was Scum and not DJ, without insider information? Gergall's fake-claim wouldn't enable a Town R2 to know that the reality is not Red caldred and Purple Gergall.
because he was obviously working with you and djk. i've explained this already
Weird how I posted a defense for DJK and Cam, but forgot to post one for Gergall. Weird how I also forgot to bus him either, just like I forgot to bus or save Batmouse.

Oh right, I'm not on the team. That would explain it.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

hunter do believe that i am town r2d2? like if you had to assign a probability here, which way do you come down?
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

WiseMarsellus wrote:
are you serious? because gergall wanted to lynch caldred. and because you and djk are mutineers. maybe there's one more, but it's not caldred
Ahh ok. So scum will not bus a teammate day 2 is your reasoning.

So DJK was the first person to switch to Gergall after your vote. He helped start the vote swing while Hunter was trying to determine who to lynch. IMO, this makes DJK look more town and Hunter scummy.

DJK wants to then slow things down after a * ton of vote shifts to make sure we don't lynch the wrong people and do just one + no lynch. With the role claim/counter claim, the obvious thing with 2 nooses are to lynch both. Hunter suggested this. Town play. The other obvious answer is to do one + no lynch. Why take risk of lynching town when you have 1 already caught. DJK town play.

But yet according to you I'm supposed to believe that you know Rey (when it isn't possible 100% to know but you claimed it to prove you were town in a fit of panic) and these 2 are scum but they've done more town plays than you.

Also knowing JJD handpicked the roles, traitor detective would be a great thing for scum team to have with a DJ in the game, as with traitor coroner. Traitor clerk would be pretty awful for town with all that. So that is what you are claiming Hunter is.
Hunter wrote:

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

are you really arguing that, after gergall made the roleclaim that would get him out of the noose, that i counterclaimed him in order to get town points (that i already had)? and that i risked putting both him AND my other teammate caldred into nooses for the sake of that town cred? after i've already bused batmouse? do you realize how crazy it would be to bus THREE teammates on the first TWO days?
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

WiseMarsellus wrote:are you really arguing that, after gergall made the roleclaim that would get him out of the noose, that i counterclaimed him in order to get town points (that i already had)? and that i risked putting both him AND my other teammate caldred into nooses for the sake of that town cred? after i've already bused batmouse? do you realize how crazy it would be to bus THREE teammates on the first TWO days?
I have no idea. I'm just trying to get you to give me answers to the questions I'm asking rather than dodging them.
Hunter wrote:

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

rhendon wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:are you really arguing that, after gergall made the roleclaim that would get him out of the noose, that i counterclaimed him in order to get town points (that i already had)? and that i risked putting both him AND my other teammate caldred into nooses for the sake of that town cred? after i've already bused batmouse? do you realize how crazy it would be to bus THREE teammates on the first TWO days?
I have no idea. I'm just trying to get you to give me answers to the questions I'm asking rather than dodging them.
Someone that is town would answer them.
Hunter wrote:

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

i would have thought it would be exceedingly obvious how i know who rey is. given that the mutineers have presumably already worked this out, no real reason not to share:

i checked to see who targeted batmouse night 1. only one person did. i was hoping to catch the wolf healer, but no such luck
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

I find it suspect that rhendon couldn't figure that out when I could.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

which is why i regret saying anything. now they know what i did night 1, and can lie more freely. and really, if i'm right about the mutineer team, we've already won and we didn't need such a reckless play. in games when you're this far ahead you start thinking about how you can lose. i should have hedged against the possibility of being wrong
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

WiseMarsellus wrote:
Well, I think you've got more people to convince than just me and rhendon.
Meto wrote:
caldred wrote:Hunter's roleclaim makes me suspect that scum have been sitting back and laughing as two town players have been going at each other's throats. I don't want to completely discount that Hunter could be fake-claiming Maz after scum checked the first Luke rumor, and thinking that all of these rumors would have been too powerful for the town to have a Maz (or that the scum team has a traitor Maz). Also, Hunter implied that he knew that Luke was in the game, but clearly none of the players that have died were Luke. So that implies that he checked the first rumor, but I don't think thats a very good play from a town Hunter.

That all still seems somwhat unlikely, so I'm gonna go with the player who has been backing up Hunter's misguided ideas on me, and was a Batmouse defender:

Change Vote: Gergall
This is his reddest post, yet...and also makes me want to changevote Gergall.
JarJarDrinks wrote:Gergall - Mutineer - Killed Day 2
Meto wrote:Yahtzee.
I concur.

Meto/rhendon/anyone else: Before the Phase is out, I'll be explaining to DJ why I think he should kill our resident R2-Traitor. If there's something you are watching for, or you for any other reason want me to wait until later in the Phase, let me know. Otherwise I'll be burying WiseMarsellus later tonight.

TOWN POINT BONANZA! - If there isn't anyone who quickly says the explanation should wait, then...Town Cred to anyone who explains why we should believe the Scum had an R2-Traitor, before I post it myself.
rhendon, you can probably sit this one out. I don't feel like you need any more Town Cred from me.
Meto, you're probably in that boat too.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

WiseMarsellus wrote:which is why i regret saying anything. now they know what i did night 1, and can lie more freely. and really, if i'm right about the mutineer team, we've already won and we didn't need such a reckless play. in games when you're this far ahead you start thinking about how you can lose. i should have hedged against the possibility of being wrong
Ya think? And why would you target BM to check for the healer? That seems so damn weak. Like if I'm the detective, I'd suspect Rey, 3P0, the healer and DJ to all target BM night 1. So you'd get back 5 names and you'd have to decipher who did what. Why would you target there? That is a bad play in my opinion. Like even if you saw 2, you'd have no idea who was Rey/DJ (if BM died) or Rey or DJ/Healer (if he didn't).

Targeting BM as detective to "find the scum healer" seems like an out for scum to find out who is Rey to get rid of her.

Your votes have been good, but your actions and talk is so suspect.
Hunter wrote:

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Hunter wrote:
Meto/rhendon/anyone else: Before the Phase is out, I'll be explaining to DJ why I think he should kill our resident R2-Traitor. If there's something you are watching for, or you for any other reason want me to wait until later in the Phase, let me know. Otherwise I'll be burying WiseMarsellus later tonight.

TOWN POINT BONANZA! - If there isn't anyone who quickly says the explanation should wait, then...Town Cred to anyone who explains why we should believe the Scum had an R2-Traitor, before I post it myself.
rhendon, you can probably sit this one out. I don't feel like you need any more Town Cred from me.
Good luck. "Town" Wise has convinced everyone to waste the night phase not talking.
Hunter wrote:

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Hunter wrote:Town Cred to anyone who explains why we should believe the Scum had an R2-Traitor, before I post it myself.
As much as I would love the town cred, this is the sort of thing that I have a hard time figuring out. So I'm going to pull my head out of my ass and try and see if I can find something that someone posted that helps me better understand it.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

rhendon wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Good luck. "Town" Wise has convinced everyone to waste the night phase not talking.
night 1 it didn't make sense to talk. we know a lot more now. i'm going to be quite active tonight.

for instance i'm going to keep pointing out that hunter and rhendon seem to think the most likely explanation of events is that i tried to bus three teammates in the first two days
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

WiseMarsellus wrote:
rhendon wrote:
Hunter wrote:

night 1 it didn't make sense to talk. we know a lot more now. i'm going to be quite active tonight.

for instance i'm going to keep pointing out that hunter and rhendon seem to think the most likely explanation of events is that i tried to bus three teammates in the first two days
You didn't "try" to bus Gergall or caldred. You wanted DJK and Hunter in the 2 Nooses.
Just sayin'

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Hunter wrote:TOWN POINT BONANZA! - If there isn't anyone who quickly says the explanation should wait, then...Town Cred to anyone who explains why we should believe the Scum had an R2-Traitor, before I post it myself.
My first though is what rhendon said - that targeting BM should have given back multiple names. But even if he thought he was going to get like 3 or 4 names, I can see that as useful information to start narrowing down who is who.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

JediJer wrote:
Hunter wrote:Town Cred to anyone who explains why we should believe the Scum had an R2-Traitor, before I post it myself.
As much as I would love the town cred, this is the sort of thing that I have a hard time figuring out. So I'm going to pull my head out of my ass and try and see if I can find something that someone posted that helps me better understand it.
I assume it’s because R2 is probably not a very great choice for Gergall to fake claim with unless they’re lining up tom to counter claim for town cred.
-Keith Brown

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

@JediJer: With Gergall having flipped Red, after the work he did to try and get vhstapes into that Day 1 Noose, would you say the "Tapes and Hunter both Red" theory is pretty well disproven?

Return to “Forum games”