The Last Jedi Mafia GAME OVER - SCUM WINS

WiseMarsellus

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 2 Ends 9/3 @ 4pm EST

Post by WiseMarsellus »

i'm probably off for the rest of the irl night, i'll make substantive posts in the morning. but one thing before i go:

reason #1 why dj shouldn't attack me tonight

i'm requesting protection. and i'm investigating myself to see who targets me. if you want to bet everything on attacking me, go for it. but i figure i'd better appeal to your instinct for self-preservation. go for the mutineers instead. you can hide among the town. you can't hide among the wolves

tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Wise, let me talk at you like as if you might be Town, for a second.

What do you think Gergall was doing with his metagame analysis of Advocate? If the team is me & DJK, then why is Gergall going so far out of his way to demonstrate the Towniness of Advocate's posts?

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

puck71 wrote:
Hunter wrote:TOWN POINT BONANZA! - If there isn't anyone who quickly says the explanation should wait, then...Town Cred to anyone who explains why we should believe the Scum had an R2-Traitor, before I post it myself.
My first though is what rhendon said - that targeting BM should have given back multiple names. But even if he thought he was going to get like 3 or 4 names, I can see that as useful information to start narrowing down who is who.
I would have seen who BM targets. If he is healer, then you found scum. If he is anything else, you found town. I mean that line of play seemed obvious to me.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

WiseMarsellus wrote:i'm probably off for the rest of the irl night, i'll make substantive posts in the morning. but one thing before i go:

i'm requesting protection. and i'm investigating myself to see who targets me. if you want to bet everything on attacking me, go for it. but i figure i'd better appeal to your instinct for self-preservation. go for the mutineers instead. you can hide among the town. you can't hide among the wolves
Why would he care if he targets you and kills you? He afraid of the obs deck voting you out?
Hunter wrote:

JediJer
Administrator

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 1 Ends Thursday 8/30 @ 4pm EST

Post by JediJer »

Hunter wrote:Town Cred to anyone who explains why we should believe the Scum had an R2-Traitor, before I post it myself.
I would probably say that this is a pretty decent explanation.
Gergall wrote:This is ridiculous. Clearly if you have been assigned the traitor role, you will roleclaim whichever one was actually *assigned* to you, whether that's coroner, doctor, bodyguard, etc.
Gergall said it himself. If you're traitor, then there's no reason to claim anything other than the town role you were given.
Hunter wrote:@JediJer: With Gergall having flipped Red, after the work he did to try and get vhstapes into that Day 1 Noose, would you say the "Tapes and Hunter both Red" theory is pretty well disproven?
Pretty much.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

rhendon wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:i'm probably off for the rest of the irl night, i'll make substantive posts in the morning. but one thing before i go:

Why would he care if he targets you and kills you? He afraid of the obs deck voting you out?
yeah I can’t really imagine what good that targeting really does for the town

why is that your choice Tom?
-Keith Brown

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Apollyon
GEMP Username: Apollyon

Post by Apollyon »

WiseMarsellus wrote:i will not hang today. don't bother trying. i can prove i'm r2d2 but i'd rather not. i know who rey is
Just coming back from a BBQ, and happy to see that we lynched a second scum.

Did you see who visited Batmouse on Night 1?

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Apollyon »

Gergall wrote:A decent way to scan Advocate's posts is to go to the game thread, CTRL+F for "by Advocate", mash the F3 button to jump through all instances, then advance to the next page and repeat. Using the Home or End key on your keyboard to jump to the top/bottom of the page makes it easy to get to the page numbers. Once you get a rhythm going it's pretty efficient.

Werewolf Game 2 (2012) - /viewt ... 94&t=45076
Advocate was town and posted a good number of Day 1short messages, usually 1 or 2 sentences. Almost all posts were tunneled in on a single individual (TSG).

Starwolf Game 1 (2012) - /viewt ... 16&t=45900
Advocate was town and posted a good number of Day 1 short messages, usually 1 or 2 sentences. After a few pages in, almost all posts (including the famous newsletter) were tunneled in on a single individual (Beatstick). Example of a short message from Advocate in this game:
Spoiler
Show
Advocate wrote:Some interesting * here.

@swccg
justin.tv/swccg
worlds.starwarsccg.org
Mafia Game Thread (2012) - /viewt ... 93&t=46982
Advocate was scum and posted his usual high number of Day 1 short messages. I tried to find key differences and two things really stuck out to me:
-He was unusually self-absorbed. Most posts contained some sort of commentary on how he was acting and how that might be perceived.
-He overdid the "Look at me, I am tunneling in on one specific person just like I always do" (Puck in this case)

Starwolf Game 2 (2012) - /viewt ... 23&t=47482
Advocate was town and his posting contained some of the short messages but also some lengthier ones with more significant analysis.

Werewolf Game 3 (2013) - /viewt ... 23&t=49826
Advocate was town but he barely posted and went into the day 1 noose. His few posts were the very short type again.

Werewolf Game 6 (2015) - /viewt ... 23&t=58536
-Advocate was scum and once again his scum posts contained a lot of self-focus. Lots of comments explaining his mindset and justifying his behavior.

---------

Okay, now look at this game. Advocate hasn't made any of those "this is how I feel, this is why I'm acting this way" type of posts. Advocate IS tunneled in, but he isn't being flashy about it. He doesn't appear to be trying to show us that he's tunneled in as usual. It seems to me like he's doing it naturally rather than forced.
Now that we've found out that Gergall's scum, something that I'd like to bring up is his "Advocate is town" post from early on in day 1.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Re: RE: Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 2 Ends 9/3 @ 4pm EST

Post by Advocate »

WiseMarsellus wrote:
rhendon wrote:
Hunter wrote:
Meto/rhendon/anyone else: Before the Phase is out, I'll be explaining to DJ why I think he should kill our resident R2-Traitor. If there's something you are watching for, or you for any other reason want me to wait until later in the Phase, let me know. Otherwise I'll be burying WiseMarsellus later tonight.

TOWN POINT BONANZA! - If there isn't anyone who quickly says the explanation should wait, then...Town Cred to anyone who explains why we should believe the Scum had an R2-Traitor, before I post it myself.
rhendon, you can probably sit this one out. I don't feel like you need any more Town Cred from me.
Meto, you're probably in that boat too.
Good luck. "Town" Wise has convinced everyone to waste the night phase not talking.
night 1 it didn't make sense to talk. we know a lot more now. i'm going to be quite active tonight.

for instance i'm going to keep pointing out that hunter and rhendon seem to think the most likely explanation of events is that i tried to bus three teammates in the first two days
Hey,

So if you know who Rey is and you say everyone else knows, what did I miss that explains it because I can't figure it out.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Hunter wrote:Wise, let me talk at you like as if you might be Town, for a second.

What do you think Gergall was doing with his metagame analysis of Advocate? If the team is me & DJK, then why is Gergall going so far out of his way to demonstrate the Towniness of Advocate's posts?
My guess is to set me up for later? That's how it always goes.

@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Advocate
Advocate

Re: RE: Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 1 Ends Thursday 8/30 @ 4pm EST

Post by Advocate »

Apollyon wrote:
Gergall wrote:A decent way to scan Advocate's posts is to go to the game thread, CTRL+F for "by Advocate", mash the F3 button to jump through all instances, then advance to the next page and repeat. Using the Home or End key on your keyboard to jump to the top/bottom of the page makes it easy to get to the page numbers. Once you get a rhythm going it's pretty efficient.

Advocate was town and posted a good number of Day 1short messages, usually 1 or 2 sentences. Almost all posts were tunneled in on a single individual (TSG).

Advocate was town and posted a good number of Day 1 short messages, usually 1 or 2 sentences. After a few pages in, almost all posts (including the famous newsletter) were tunneled in on a single individual (Beatstick). Example of a short message from Advocate in this game:
Spoiler
Show

@swccg
justin.tv/swccg
worlds.starwarsccg.org
Advocate was scum and posted his usual high number of Day 1 short messages. I tried to find key differences and two things really stuck out to me:
-He was unusually self-absorbed. Most posts contained some sort of commentary on how he was acting and how that might be perceived.
-He overdid the "Look at me, I am tunneling in on one specific person just like I always do" (Puck in this case)

Advocate was town and his posting contained some of the short messages but also some lengthier ones with more significant analysis.

Advocate was town but he barely posted and went into the day 1 noose. His few posts were the very short type again.

-Advocate was scum and once again his scum posts contained a lot of self-focus. Lots of comments explaining his mindset and justifying his behavior.

---------

Okay, now look at this game. Advocate hasn't made any of those "this is how I feel, this is why I'm acting this way" type of posts. Advocate IS tunneled in, but he isn't being flashy about it. He doesn't appear to be trying to show us that he's tunneled in as usual. It seems to me like he's doing it naturally rather than forced.
Now that we've found out that Gergall's scum, something that I'd like to bring up is his "Advocate is town" post from early on in day 1.
And there it is.

@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Advocate wrote:Hey,

So if you know who Rey is and you say everyone else knows, what did I miss that explains it because I can't figure it out.

He didn't say everyone knows who Rey IS, but that he thought everyone should now how HE knows who Rey is.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Oh, gotcha. Thanks Puck.

@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Apollyon wrote:

Spoiler
Show

@swccg
justin.tv/swccg
worlds.starwarsccg.org

---------

What would you like to bring up about it? It's a classic Gergall scum post. It's pure WIFOM.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

It’s also a way for Gergall to appear like he’s being productive
-Keith Brown

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

darkjediknight11 wrote:It’s also a way for Gergall to appear like he’s being productive
This. I just read through all of Gergall's posts and they weren't very helpful.
One thing that I noticed and don't know if it means anything, but Gergall would cast his vote and didn't move it on day 1 (on tapes all day). On day 2 he voted for caldred early, and did move his vote to no lynch later in the day. Then there's caldred's failed attempt at trying to vote for gergall (which would have caused himself to be lynched, had it not been misspelled).
That's probably the most suspicious thing about the vote moves end of day 2.

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

JediJer wrote:
darkjediknight11 wrote:It’s also a way for Gergall to appear like he’s being productive
This. I just read through all of Gergall's posts and they weren't very helpful.
One thing that I noticed and don't know if it means anything, but Gergall would cast his vote and didn't move it on day 1 (on tapes all day). On day 2 he voted for caldred early, and did move his vote to no lynch later in the day. Then there's caldred's failed attempt at trying to vote for gergall (which would have caused himself to be lynched, had it not been misspelled).
That's probably the most suspicious thing about the vote moves end of day 2.
Wait why wasn't it counted? It was obvious what it was. With all the mobile phone posting this could lead to undesired issues later. I thought we counted votes that included the time in the title, but is that different here? Need to know for future vote sniping.
Hunter wrote:

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

JediJer wrote:
This.
It serves a purpose. It's too much work not to. Either he's pre-emptively protecting a teammate, or he's trying to get Advocate in his pocket.

So if I try to come up with teams that don't have WiseMarsellus on them, I get stuff like...Apollyon/Advocate (if Gergall was trying to protect Advocate). Or...Apollyon/TacoBill (if Gergall and TacoBill were BOTH trying to get Advocate in their pocket).

But these feel weak. Honestly, if Wise isn't Scum, I'm not very close to solving this game.

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Apollyon »

Hunter wrote:It serves a purpose. It's too much work not to. Either he's pre-emptively protecting a teammate, or he's trying to get Advocate in his pocket.

So if I try to come up with teams that don't have WiseMarsellus on them, I get stuff like...Apollyon/Advocate (if Gergall was trying to protect Advocate). Or...Apollyon/TacoBill (if Gergall and TacoBill were BOTH trying to get Advocate in their pocket).

But these feel weak. Honestly, if Wise isn't Scum, I'm not very close to solving this game.
I'll be interested to see what Wise says in the morning regarding Rey.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Hunter wrote:
JediJer wrote:
This.
It serves a purpose. It's too much work not to. Either he's pre-emptively protecting a teammate, or he's trying to get Advocate in his pocket.

Those do feel weak. And that last sentence is my favorite, because it's probably true no matter what your side is.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Return to “Forum games”