The Last Jedi Mafia GAME OVER - SCUM WINS

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Apollyon
GEMP Username: Apollyon

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 2 Ends 9/3 @ 4pm EST

Post by Apollyon »

WiseMarsellus wrote:actually with how far ahead we are idk that we need to protect dj here. i believe apollyon.

i'm now leaning toward revealing his identity so that we can take appropriate night action if necessary. we preferably mitigate the worst possible outcome, which is two town deaths tonight.

thoughts from the town on this?
There's no need to protect DJ. The worst case scenario is that we're up 9-3 on Day 3, we lynch DJ, and go to 8-3 town/maf on Day 4.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

i want to hear what the rest of the town has to say. we have plenty of time. i now believe you are the coroner. but this is not at all what i expected. is it traitor rey and the mutineers pulled the maz play out of thin air? or did rey just completely lose her mind? i want to hear some thoughts
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Apollyon »

WiseMarsellus wrote:i want to hear what the rest of the town has to say. we have plenty of time. i now believe you are the coroner. but this is not at all what i expected. is it traitor rey and the mutineers pulled the maz play out of thin air? or did rey just completely lose her mind? i want to hear some thoughts
It seems like everyone's been busy. Can I ask you to make a decision by noon EST, just so that we can give Holdo the time to detain DJ?

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

that was my plan
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

Cam Solusar

Re: RE: Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 2 Ends 9/3 @ 4pm EST

Post by Cam Solusar »

WiseMarsellus wrote:actually with how far ahead we are idk that we need to protect dj here. i believe apollyon.

i'm now leaning toward revealing his identity so that we can take appropriate night action if necessary. we preferably mitigate the worst possible outcome, which is two town deaths tonight.

thoughts from the town on this?
I'm trying to think if there's a reason you would save that info for an iid or not.

Fwiw I'm pretty confident in Wise and apollyon right now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

I can’t particularly see a way that keeping the SKs identity a secret helps the town. The SK has to have a priority of killing townies at this point so I’m not particularly interested in shielding his identity from the mutineers
-Keith Brown

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

I think the following is more helpful to town now than scum:

I am Rey. I was scum reading ARS hard and shot him night one with my OPG. Since my vote was on vhstapes my choices were shoot him by default, OPG shoot batmouse, or OPG shoot a scum read. I think my decision to not shoot Batmouse could have potentially been a LVT-worthy move, borne mostly out of obstinance on my part, but I do feel that the results of night one threw a wrench into the scum team's analysis and that made it easier for us to get a second scum death. It also put DJ into an interesting position since he DID follow the plan, leading to all sorts of incorrect conclusions being made day 2.

I think it goes without saying what my vote for djk11 now means. I decided to go with one of wise's scum reads and set up a shot for night 2, in case we were left with a no Lynch situation. We'll need to discuss if town wants that shot to go through or not.

As I stated above, I trust apollyon and am pretty sure about wise.

Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

well, with that out of the way. tacobill killed batmouse
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Very interesting. Are we talking wise revealing who he thought was Rey but now apparently is DJ, then detaining that person to prevent another attack tonight? My first thought is that sounds like a reasonable idea, but it depends on if I believe everyone involved, which I need to think about a little more.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate

Cam Solusar wrote:I think the following is more helpful to town now than scum:

I am Rey. I was scum reading ARS hard and shot him night one with my OPG. Since my vote was on vhstapes my choices were shoot him by default, OPG shoot batmouse, or OPG shoot a scum read. I think my decision to not shoot Batmouse could have potentially been a LVT-worthy move, borne mostly out of obstinance on my part, but I do feel that the results of night one threw a wrench into the scum team's analysis and that made it easier for us to get a second scum death. It also put DJ into an interesting position since he DID follow the plan, leading to all sorts of incorrect conclusions being made day 2.

I think it goes without saying what my vote for djk11 now means. I decided to go with one of wise's scum reads and set up a shot for night 2, in case we were left with a no Lynch situation. We'll need to discuss if town wants that shot to go through or not.

ffs.

Why do you think this is helpful for the town right now?

Tom if you’re actually town you need to get your head out of your ass and stop tunnel visioning on me
-Keith Brown

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

you should probably claim now if you can
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate

Seems that way

I’m Chewbacca, for whatever that’s worth. Not exactly a power role, and considerably weaker as a known entity, but there you have it

I don’t like how much were narrowing roles down for the scum
-Keith Brown

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

i don't believe you are town, but if you are you're dead tonight. hopefully you can protect me and absorb two hits
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate

o_o

I think you vastly overestimate how much town cred you actually have
-Keith Brown

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

in your own words could you state the case of me being red?
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Apollyon »

darkjediknight11 wrote:

ffs.

Why do you think this is helpful for the town right now?

Tom if you’re actually town you need to get your head out of your ass and stop tunnel visioning on me
It's more confirmation on both me and night 1.

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Apollyon »

Also, HOLDO,

Detain TacoBill tonight! He's SK.

caldred

Post by caldred »

Yeah this is what I suspected. (Why I suggested that R2 check to see who targets Cam, because a good explanation for Cam switching his vote is that he is Rey and wanted to kill someone, and also why I didn't want to discuss it, in case for some reason scum hadn't figured out the Cam was Rey).

HOWEVER, given that Cam says he OPG'd on arebelspy, and defended batmouse, and even now looks like he is trying to take matters into his own hands, sidestepping the town, I'm pretty sure we have a traitor Rey on our hands. All he had to do was vote for Gergall and then he could keep working with the town to win this game (that we are already so far ahead in). No need to take such drastic measures to shorten the game, and potentially add a bunch of nooses. Having a traitor Rey also explains why they would use the pardon on BM, because they know that they don't have to worry about Rey killing BM, and the SK is not even guaranteed to be in the game (and maybe with a traitor vig they reasoned that it's even less likely because JJD might not want the massive town slaughter that that could entail) and even if he is, there's no guarantee that he goes along with the "plan". he is a crazy after all.

So I'm gonna suggest that Cam be roleblocked and/or DJK11 gets protection.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

it does seem unlike cam to make such an aggressive play. he was forced to burn the opg, but doing it on someone other than batmouse seems very suspect. especially arebelspy, who like i said should have had maybe the most towncred of anyone night 1.

i am at this point much more convinced of hunter than djk. i could see djk being town still. everything makes sense aside from hunter making the maz claim. i guess they might have just yolo'd it, like they did with r2d2
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

i meant what i said about targeting myself tonight. djk if you do protect me it can help clear you. you'll agree at the very least that, if you are town, you're in danger of a mislynch? you should do what you can to clear yourself
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Forum games”