The Last Jedi Mafia GAME OVER - SCUM WINS

Cam Solusar

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 2 Ends 9/3 @ 4pm EST

Post by Cam Solusar »

I think the obvious response to cal is if I were a traitor-vig I would have just gone with "the plan" and kept my head low night 1, probably even voting for my own scum teammate Batmouse so that I would still have an OPG available.

Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

but why would cam roleclaim rey if he's the traitor? he's not in danger of being exposed here? i guess he is once djk is dead? i keep going back and forth on this one, idk who to believe
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

Cam Solusar wrote:I think the obvious response to cal is if I were a traitor-vig I would have just gone with "the plan" and kept my head low night 1, probably even voting for my own scum teammate Batmouse so that I would still have an OPG available.
not that. but if you were the traitor rey you would have just shot vhstapes i think
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

yeah. i'm convinced by that one. if the mutineers know they're issuing a pardon, they don't have traitor rey use the opg that same night. they take the kill on town (and if vhstapes isn't town, they find a way to have their rey on a town). they use the opg some night where rey couldn't have already attacked. 100%. no way traitor rey opgs night 1. i'm completely convinced. cam is town
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Apollyon
GEMP Username: Apollyon

Post by Apollyon »

caldred wrote:
Cam Solusar wrote:I think the following is more helpful to town now than scum:

I am Rey. I was scum reading ARS hard and shot him night one with my OPG. Since my vote was on vhstapes my choices were shoot him by default, OPG shoot batmouse, or OPG shoot a scum read. I think my decision to not shoot Batmouse could have potentially been a LVT-worthy move, borne mostly out of obstinance on my part, but I do feel that the results of night one threw a wrench into the scum team's analysis and that made it easier for us to get a second scum death. It also put DJ into an interesting position since he DID follow the plan, leading to all sorts of incorrect conclusions being made day 2.

I think it goes without saying what my vote for djk11 now means. I decided to go with one of wise's scum reads and set up a shot for night 2, in case we were left with a no Lynch situation. We'll need to discuss if town wants that shot to go through or not.

As I stated above, I trust apollyon and am pretty sure about wise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yeah this is what I suspected. (Why I suggested that R2 check to see who targets Cam, because a good explanation for Cam switching his vote is that he is Rey and wanted to kill someone, and also why I didn't want to discuss it, in case for some reason scum hadn't figured out the Cam was Rey).

HOWEVER, given that Cam says he OPG'd on arebelspy, and defended batmouse, and even now looks like he is trying to take matters into his own hands, sidestepping the town, I'm pretty sure we have a traitor Rey on our hands. All he had to do was vote for Gergall and then he could keep working with the town to win this game (that we are already so far ahead in). No need to take such drastic measures to shorten the game, and potentially add a bunch of nooses. Having a traitor Rey also explains why they would use the pardon on BM, because they know that they don't have to worry about Rey killing BM, and the SK is not even guaranteed to be in the game (and maybe with a traitor vig they reasoned that it's even less likely because JJD might not want the massive town slaughter that that could entail) and even if he is, there's no guarantee that he goes along with the "plan". he is a crazy after all.

So I'm gonna suggest that Cam be roleblocked and/or DJK11 gets protection.
Okay. So let's say that Cam is the traitor Rey.

What would need to be true - vhstapes is town, since we'd have 2 confirmed scum voting him up. Cam would then need to use his OPG to kill a town?
vhstapes is scum - scum is bussing vhs super hard on Day 1?

Neither makes any sense. That Cam is Rey and whiffed on ARS is way more likely, which means that Taco is SK.

caldred

Post by caldred »

WiseMarsellus wrote:it does seem unlike cam to make such an aggressive play. he was forced to burn the opg, but doing it on someone other than batmouse seems very suspect. especially arebelspy, who like i said should have had maybe the most towncred of anyone night 1.

i am at this point much more convinced of hunter than djk. i could see djk being town still. everything makes sense aside from hunter making the maz claim. i guess they might have just yolo'd it, like they did with r2d2
Yeah shooting ARS is like one of the worst possible plays, unless you were completely convinced that that pardon was a real pardon? And Cam is way better than that. Batmouse looked so scummy and ARS looked so town, killing ARS can't reasonably happen except as an extension of the scum team.

Hunter I'm still torn on. Everything about his play screams that he is scum, but he does have an uncountered roleclaim. He really could have just gotten lucky, but claiming Maz seems like such a crazy play to do completely in the dark. Then again, maybe he didn't have other options (Claiming to be Rey would have been very risky because he is very likely to be found out by some town investigative role that he is lying) and thought he could maybe win a counter-claim war? Seems unlikely when he's the one being forced to claim but I wouldn't put it past him. I'm not gonna listen to Hunter right now, but I think uncountered roleclaims are probably not the place to be looking for scum just yet.

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

So, a few things that don't make sense to me:

1) I don't understand the heavy anti-Wise sentiment from Hunter and rhendon. I can understand Keef being suspicious, but Wise has turned around for me. I was definitely more suspicious of him on Day 1. (I believe I made a post indicating that I thought there was Scum in the ARS/Wise/djk11 trio). I may end up being wrong on all three counts.

2) I don't understand caldred's attempted vote movement (if indeed it was an honest attempt to switch to Gergall) at the end of Day 2.

caldred

Post by caldred »

Cam Solusar wrote:So, a few things that don't make sense to me:

1) I don't understand the heavy anti-Wise sentiment from Hunter and rhendon. I can understand Keef being suspicious, but Wise has turned around for me. I was definitely more suspicious of him on Day 1. (I believe I made a post indicating that I thought there was Scum in the ARS/Wise/djk11 trio). I may end up being wrong on all three counts.

2) I don't understand caldred's attempted vote movement (if indeed it was an honest attempt to switch to Gergall) at the end of Day 2.
I already said that I freaked out when you moved your vote, because the vote count had been confused and the wrong totals posted several times, so I thought that maybe your vote had made it a 3-way tie. I really wanted to make sure that Gergall was dead, so I panicked.

caldred

Post by caldred »

Apollyon wrote:
caldred wrote:
Cam Solusar wrote:I think the following is more helpful to town now than scum:

I am Rey. I was scum reading ARS hard and shot him night one with my OPG. Since my vote was on vhstapes my choices were shoot him by default, OPG shoot batmouse, or OPG shoot a scum read. I think my decision to not shoot Batmouse could have potentially been a LVT-worthy move, borne mostly out of obstinance on my part, but I do feel that the results of night one threw a wrench into the scum team's analysis and that made it easier for us to get a second scum death. It also put DJ into an interesting position since he DID follow the plan, leading to all sorts of incorrect conclusions being made day 2.

I think it goes without saying what my vote for djk11 now means. I decided to go with one of wise's scum reads and set up a shot for night 2, in case we were left with a no Lynch situation. We'll need to discuss if town wants that shot to go through or not.

As I stated above, I trust apollyon and am pretty sure about wise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Yeah this is what I suspected. (Why I suggested that R2 check to see who targets Cam, because a good explanation for Cam switching his vote is that he is Rey and wanted to kill someone, and also why I didn't want to discuss it, in case for some reason scum hadn't figured out the Cam was Rey).

HOWEVER, given that Cam says he OPG'd on arebelspy, and defended batmouse, and even now looks like he is trying to take matters into his own hands, sidestepping the town, I'm pretty sure we have a traitor Rey on our hands. All he had to do was vote for Gergall and then he could keep working with the town to win this game (that we are already so far ahead in). No need to take such drastic measures to shorten the game, and potentially add a bunch of nooses. Having a traitor Rey also explains why they would use the pardon on BM, because they know that they don't have to worry about Rey killing BM, and the SK is not even guaranteed to be in the game (and maybe with a traitor vig they reasoned that it's even less likely because JJD might not want the massive town slaughter that that could entail) and even if he is, there's no guarantee that he goes along with the "plan". he is a crazy after all.

So I'm gonna suggest that Cam be roleblocked and/or DJK11 gets protection.
Okay. So let's say that Cam is the traitor Rey.

What would need to be true - vhstapes is town, since we'd have 2 confirmed scum voting him up. Cam would then need to use his OPG to kill a town?

Neither makes any sense. That Cam is Rey and whiffed on ARS is way more likely, which means that Taco is SK.
Cam killing vhstapes would have been a terrible move, since vhstapes was the most obviously town player at the end of day 1. If the vigilante had killed vhstapes, we would have been talking about a traitor vigilante over the weekend. There would have been no other plausible explanation. Instead scum went for causing chaos, by using their Vig OPG to kill the player who was hottest on their tails, hoping that the coroner result would be confusing enough to throw the town off course. ARS is also a much much stronger player, and overall much more of a threat to scum than vhstapes, but at the time I think vhstapes was basically untouchable because he was the counterwagon to scum. No way we put up 2 scum on day 1, except for some weird double-bus play that makes no sense. Scum-reading ARS is still bad, but more likely than actually thinking vhstapes is scum, so its a little more deniable.

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Apollyon »

I'm waiting for the proof, but right now, Wise looks like basically confirmed town to me. Holdo detaining TacoBill looks like basically all of the proof that we'll need.

HOLDO, detain TacoBill!

Cal is really high on my lynch list right now.

HOLDO, detain TacoBill!

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Apollyon »

caldred wrote:
Apollyon wrote:Okay. So let's say that Cam is the traitor Rey.

Cam killing vhstapes would have been a terrible move, since vhstapes was the most obviously town player at the end of day 1. If the vigilante had killed vhstapes, we would have been talking about a traitor vigilante over the weekend. There would have been no other plausible explanation. Instead scum went for causing chaos, by using their Vig OPG to kill the player who was hottest on their tails, hoping that the coroner result would be confusing enough to throw the town off course. ARS is also a much much stronger player, and overall much more of a threat to scum than vhstapes, but at the time I think vhstapes was basically untouchable because he was the counterwagon to scum. No way we put up 2 scum on day 1, except for some weird double-bus play that makes no sense. Scum-reading ARS is still bad, but more likely than actually thinking vhstapes is scum, so its a little more deniable.
I guess? The conversation could have also been "Vig screwed up with no info". As is, we're already discussing "Vig screwed up with no info" as a very real possibility.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

Apollyon wrote:I'm waiting for the proof, but right now, Wise looks like basically confirmed town to me. Holdo detaining TacoBill looks like basically all of the proof that we'll need.

HOLDO, detain TacoBill!

HOLDO, detain TacoBill!
How does this confirm Tom as not the traitor-R2?
-Keith Brown

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

With the lying and going rogue it seems like a traitor must be involved, but those scenarios seem to make even less sense than if they're all (now) telling the truth.

Detaining tb to confirm wise means also outing holdo, right? Is that worth what we get out of it?
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Apollyon »

darkjediknight11 wrote:
Apollyon wrote:I'm waiting for the proof, but right now, Wise looks like basically confirmed town to me. Holdo detaining TacoBill looks like basically all of the proof that we'll need.

HOLDO, detain TacoBill!

HOLDO, detain TacoBill!
It's a possibility, but it's more likely that he isn't a traitor R2.

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

caldred wrote:Yeah shooting ARS is like one of the worst possible plays, unless you were completely convinced that that pardon was a real pardon? And Cam is way better than that. Batmouse looked so scummy and ARS looked so town, killing ARS can't reasonably happen except as an extension of the scum team.
I beg to differ on ARS, obviously. If you're scum, than of course he looked like Town.

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Apollyon »

puck71 wrote:With the lying and going rogue it seems like a traitor must be involved, but those scenarios seem to make even less sense than if they're all (now) telling the truth.

Detaining tb to confirm wise means also outing holdo, right? Is that worth what we get out of it?
Yes. We have a bunch of confirmed town and we're down to town vs mafia and can 1-1 scum. We also have a Chewie.

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

why me as traitor-r2d2 makes no sense. djk if you disagree with any of this please tell us why
WiseMarsellus wrote:here is the narrative: look at the votes. hunter wants you to do everything other than look at the votes. i was among the most instrumental people in getting batmouse lynched. i am the reason gergall got lynched. the case against me being town is...i've just been catching these mutineers as a smokescreen to hide that i'm really a mutineer myself.

go back and read it. i'm not exaggerating. that's literally the "evidence". add on to that that hunter seems to think caldred is my teammate. he legitimately "thinks" i'm a traitor r2d2, on a team with batmouse, caldred, and gergall. and that after getting batmouse lynched day 1, we have gergall come out swinging against caldred day 2, culminating in a final 20 minutes where gergall and caldred were both up for a noose. so our play to get out of it is for gergall to claim, and me to counter? which gives us a high probability of hanging both gergall and caldred.

which, hey, if they both turn up red, imagine the towncred i'd receive. oh wait no, according to "town" hunter, this is evidence i'm a mutineer. and what exactly is hypothetical traitor-r2d2-wise's endgame plan? tough it out for like 8 more days, killing one person every night, while i shrug my hands and keep saying over and over "aw shucks guys i still can't find that last mutineer." in fact, if i am indeed the traitor r2d2, and end up being the last one left, my night action has to be attacking. i should be easily found out for not using my detective ability if that's the case.

any amount of critical thinking should tell you that it is absolutely absurd to think i am red, and still more absurd to think i am a traitor r2d2. hunter is hoping you aren't engaged in that type of critical thinking. if hunter were town, he would not be saying the things he is saying. hunter is red, 100000000%
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Reason #1 to not lie to the town: IT * THEM OVER

Like do you realize what we could have done day 2 if you hadn't lied? We go as normal because Wise doesn't out SK right away, but he knows he has them. When Gergall claims, he announces his counterclaim and he also says TB is the SK. We could vote out Gergall and the SK right away. We'd be down to 9/3 or 10/2 going into day 3. Jesus what amazing numbers to see.

Instead we go in to day 3 with it possibly 7/3/1 or 8/2/1. Wow so much worse. Plus you've lied to the town, so why the * would I trust you? Literally if we are both still alive going in on day 3, I'm instant locking for the guy that LIED TO THE TOWN.

Reason #2 to not lie to the town: It pisses me off when I'm town

I don't give a * about winning. If you piss me off, my win con changes to make sure you don't win and that your taught a lesson. So that is now my strategy.
Hunter wrote:Anything to say about the roles claimed tonight?
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

Apollyon wrote:
darkjediknight11 wrote:

HOLDO, detain TacoBill!

HOLDO, detain TacoBill!
It's a possibility, but it's more likely that he isn't a traitor R2.
um, ok well that’s the scenario that I’M concerned about. What scum Tom scenario did you have that you are holding onto that verifying taco as the SK will alleive?
-Keith Brown

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Cam Solusar wrote:
caldred wrote:Yeah shooting ARS is like one of the worst possible plays, unless you were completely convinced that that pardon was a real pardon? And Cam is way better than that. Batmouse looked so scummy and ARS looked so town, killing ARS can't reasonably happen except as an extension of the scum team.
I beg to differ on ARS, obviously. If you're scum, than of course he looked like Town.
I beg to differ on that by far. I posted a very good reason why ARS was town at the end of night 1. In fact, I said somewhere on day 2, I wanted to trade a bunch of people for ARS/Dorshe because I knew they were town before end of the night. I had ARS as #2 in my town reads behind only me. I had Dorshe in the top 4.

I gave a perfectly good reason to target tapes if you were Rey.

So we have 4 bad guys left at max. We have 1 person that lied to the town. We have 1 person that has played all scummy so far but wants us to believe he is the detective and he made a bad play on his night 1 action. We have Cal who has looked scummy with votes and his thoughts. We have a Rey that made almost as bad of a shot as when Meto took out Hunter drunk, but he was at least drunk is his excuse. We have a SK that has been named TB. I have a list of 5 people and only 4 of them can be bad. But they've all hurt the town with their play and if any of them are town (1 has to be unless the scum are working with DJ and TB is innocent) then they don't deserve to win.

So as long as I'm still alive, I'm making a 3rd mutiny on the town and the game doesn't end until I'm eliminated or I've eliminated all those in my list above. They don't deserve to win.
Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

Return to “Forum games”