The Last Jedi Mafia GAME OVER - SCUM WINS

rhendon

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 3 ends 9/6 @ 4pm est

Post by rhendon »

Meto wrote:I have a draft, too, and I am in charge at work tonight. I am going to be so * at my job tonight. Good luck in your draft.
Holy hell someone put you in charge...

Hunter wrote:
April 8th, 2020, 5:19 am
I agree with rhendon that Joe is Scum.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

That's kinda how I feel about this game sometimes.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Cam, who do you think we should lynch?

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

I want cam and Can to each get 4 locked votes with SK getting the 3. This way no finny business can happen.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Apollyon
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Apollyon
GEMP Username: Apollyon

Post by Apollyon »

Just FYI, I won't be posting much tomorrow, as my schedule has become busier for the next few weeks.

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

Oof, what a bad night..

I had to skip some pages, things really exploded there (understandably). I'm really annoyed that Hunter and Wise both wasted so much energy going after each other but oh well.

I'm not feeling locked votes quite yet but I'm definitely down to Vote Cam.

Gonna try to catch up and post something useful.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Cal: What should we be doing right now?

Lurkers: We have a lot of nooses. Why shouldn't you get one?

tapes (specically): Anything to add that isn't just agreeing with the easy play and lamenting that town players are putting in effort?

JJ: Got anything else? Those posts were very helpful earlier.

rhendon: O hope your draft went as well as I think mine did.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

How do I forget Advocate? Today seems like a good time for that newsletter.

Also, cookie to whoever explains why we're only working with 10 votes.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

I didn't think it mattered putting a vote down if we're doing this vote lock thing, but if everyone needs to vote too then

vote caldred
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

That sounds like a waste of a perfectly good day phase.

caldred

Post by caldred »

Meto wrote:Cal: What should we be doing right now?

Lurkers: We have a lot of nooses. Why shouldn't you get one?

tapes (specically): Anything to add that isn't just agreeing with the easy play and lamenting that town players are putting in effort?

JJ: Got anything else? Those posts were very helpful earlier.

rhendon: O hope your draft went as well as I think mine did.
I spent most of the evening rereading the first 50 pages of the thread. I don't have time to write up a huge post right now, but basically I'm more suspicious of Rhendon now actually. He was initially pushing back on the idea of lynching batmouse, until batmouse half showed up at which point he joined arebelspy, wise, and apollyon in voting for him. I also think its entirely possible rhendon was just going along with all of Hunter's half-baked ideas because he knew how terrible they were, as well as faking the tilt.

The following are quotes of rhendon defending Batmouse and attacking Apollyon (the counterwagon to batmouse before apollyon claimed and the votes moved off)
rhendon wrote:
JediJer wrote: I'd be fine with a Batmouse lynch.
Why? What has he done?
arebelspy wrote:We have 24 hours to go. Apollo's pile on won't stick.
Why? If he is acting scum like and giving off those vibes, he should have to earn getting out of the noose. He shouldn't get a pass because of a pile on.
rhendon wrote: So in a game of mystery, outed scum is someone just saying I'm scum? I'd take what Apollyon has done in this day 1 as more indicative of scum than someone saying I'm scum.

If someone isn't talking much but is participating by using their role but can't really do that until they get info, no I don't say screw them. I say they are playing the game. There is more to just voting and talking in 24 hours on day 1 as all the participation in a game. People do get busy and have lives. If you're willing forgive someone acting scummy because he is new, then you should be as forgiving to people when it comes to real life especially as we are at 24-48 hours. Now if we are at day 3 and its been 3 votes (as bandwagon votes) and very little discussion on anything, then yes you have a greater point than at 24-48 hours into the game.

Like I said above, there are helpful situations to fly under the radar as town and not be as active on day 1/2 so your role can actually do use.
Even after the RC and he switches his vote to VHStapes (the actual counterwagon to BM) he still defends suggest not voting out BM, instead suggesting another lurker
rhendon wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:as soon as vhstapes votes for batmouse so will i
At this rate, BM is likely to get modkilled anyways. I don't see much of a point. He has made no post or vote.

If you and ARS really want to hunt lurkers, it would be better to hunt someone that has actually made a post and isn't in danger of modkill.
rhendon wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:
batmouse is the most reasonable non-apollyon, non-vhstapes target.

i'd also be interested in a lynch of some other lurker like meto, or djk or you. batmouse though is the absolute worst lurker in this game and in every game we've ever played
You also have a bias against him in every game we play. Like me against Hunter. I at least made an effort to remove the bias to play. You are still carrying it.
As I said eventually he changes course and helps vote out batmouse, but not until after he makes a series of completely useless posts that convince exactly 0 people that he is town.

I think the main thing we should be doing right now is making the lurkers post more, but i'm not really sure the best way to do that. Remaker could very well be skating by as scum in this crazy-ass game so that's why I put him as my backup. Its hard to use votes to pressure because we have so many good lynch targets already. I really do not see a world in which Cam isn't the traitor Rey. It totally looks like the scum team, at the end of day 2, knew they were in a really bad spot, so the only path to victory for them was to cause as many town deaths last night as possible, using wise's scumread of DJK as an excuse to shoot him. Especially combined with cam shooting ARS on day 1, these just don't seem like anything a town Rey would do. So I think Cam has to be in a noose today, which as I said makes it harder to pressure lurkers into actually contributing.

I guess we could keep Cam and TB alive, since we can control Cam and TB doesn't have a shot tonight so Cam can take him out. I just don't particularly like the idea of leaving scum alive. It certainly does give us a better environment to scum hunt in though.

puck71

Post by puck71 »

Meto wrote: Also, cookie to whoever explains why we're only working with 10 votes.
Like why cam is locked on tacobill? Because cam is Rey and tacobill is DJ. So if we end up lynching DJ that's a vote on him. If we don't and there's a no lynch result, cam can take him out at night. At least that's my understanding of the * show that's been going on since the second half of last night.
John Anderson

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

Meto wrote:How do I forget Advocate? Today seems like a good time for that newsletter.

I can explain.
I would guess that you want our illustrious coroner to initiate the autopsy on arebelspy. That would require him voting no lynch today, protection from being killed at night, and then on day 4 we find out if Apollyon and Cam were both telling the truth. If Holdo and Leia are still alive at that time, that's a nice 4 person vote block that we can trust.
That said, I don't know how much I'd trust Cam at this point, mainly because he's got a lousy track record this game.

caldred

Post by caldred »

@TacoBill you said you wanted Rhendon lynched (along with apollyon and cam). Is there any way you could explain that?

puck71

Post by puck71 »

Meto wrote:That sounds like a waste of a perfectly good day phase.
Ok, what do you suggest?
John Anderson

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Close. We do have Cam's vote, though.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

JediJer wrote:
Meto wrote:How do I forget Advocate? Today seems like a good time for that newsletter.

I can explain.
I would guess that you want our illustrious coroner to initiate the autopsy on arebelspy. That would require him voting no lynch today, protection from being killed at night, and then on day 4 we find out if Apollyon and Cam were both telling the truth. If Holdo and Leia are still alive at that time, that's a nice 4 person vote block that we can trust.
That said, I don't know how much I'd trust Cam at this point, mainly because he's got a lousy track record this game.
nvm. This won't work because apollyon already used his ability today to check wise.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

puck71 wrote:
Meto wrote:That sounds like a waste of a perfectly good day phase.
Ok, what do you suggest?
Find some scum and put them in a noose.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

As far as I can tell, we shouldn't have a town death tonight. We could always just lynch the three lurkiest players and do this again tomorrow.

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

Caldred, I liked that last post. I didn't have time to but I wanted to reread through the beginning of rhendon and Hunter teaming up on Wise. Seems like it's possible that he may have known they were both town and played them against each other. Those early quotes definitely support this imo.
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

Return to “Forum games”