The Last Jedi Mafia GAME OVER - SCUM WINS

JediJer
Administrator

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 5 ends 9/12 @ 4pm EST

Post by JediJer »

vhstapes wrote:
JediJer wrote:I think I'd prefer not lynching anyone to a mislynch
Ummmmmmmm that is ridiculous. You'd rather throw the game than try to win?

Apollyon, convince me and puck to switch to Jer lol.
Hey, I put my vote back on Apollyon. I actually had a reason for the vote change, and just abandoned the idea instead of letting it play out. :???

I just hate being in this position of what is essentially the last move of the game because I end up kicking myself if I end up guessing wrong.

With Apollyon's vote on tapes, I think it's clear they're on different teams, but who is on what team is what I'm not entirely sure of.

Sorry, this is just me thinking out loud more than anything, so just bare with me.

Like I said before, I think I can see Gergall making the play of fake coroner claim, but I would think that he'd be smarter than letting the fake coroner have a perfect scum voting record, because that's just too obvious. Of course, the fact that it IS too obvious makes it not a terrible play, because someone like me will end up letting it get in their head, just like it is now.
tapes has played like a newb vanilla, which is the perfect cover for scum. I've never felt good about most of his play, but that may just be how he plays. :???
puck has been his typical lurky self (which makes me want to lynch him, just to spite him) but there isn't anything that really jumps out as being obviously scummy.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Apollyon (3) - vhstapes, puck71, JediJer
vhstapes (1) - Apollyon
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Apollo Resistance - Killed Day 5
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

GG ALL

scum thread

General Leia Organa advocate
Vice Admiral Holdo rhendon
Maz Kanata Hunter
Commander D'Acy Apollo
Rey cam
Chewbacca darkjediknight11
R2-D2 WiseMarsellus
Resistance Soldier JJ
Resistance Soldier VHS
Resistance Soldier dorsh
Resistance Soldier Cal
Resistance Soldier Meto
Resistance Soldier Joe

Commander Poe Dameron Batmouse
Finn Remaker
Rose Tico Gergall
C-3PO (Traitor) puck71

DJ TacoBill
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME OVER - SCUM WINS

Post by dorshe1 »

GDI town, you had one job.

:lol:

Thanks!

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Well played, puck.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

I had a feeling really early on that it was puck but got caught up in the poor plays by half the town

vhstapes

Post by vhstapes »

GG!

Sorry I played like the n00b that I am. That was quite the experience lol. Well done Puck!
-Cyrus M.
\m/ Endor Region \m/

Data Tapes - 05 - The Unofficial NARP Defensive Shield Primer

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

JediJer wrote:I had a feeling really early on that it was puck but got caught up in the poor plays by half the town
People on the obs deck with more information than you also had a lot of trouble trying to figure it out. Puck really nailed it.
Greg Zinn

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

its funny. When i said to protect puck that one night, I was just randomly picking a name to try and make me less important role wise. If only it could have meant something :) In hindsight.

Puck absolutely nailed it. I never even thought of him.
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Gergall wrote:
JediJer wrote:I had a feeling really early on that it was puck but got caught up in the poor plays by half the town
People on the obs deck with more information than you also had a lot of trouble trying to figure it out. Puck really nailed it.
Yes, I agree. Well done, Puck.

I said this on the Deck:
Hunter wrote:the best evidence against Puck is just that there ISN'T any evidence of him being Town OR Scum. All I can remember him doing the whole game is alternating between answering peoples' dumb questions, and asking his own dumb questions. He's a habitual lurker in the early game, regardless of allegiance. But normally, as Town, you eventually reach a point where he says "Okay, I've read stuff, and analyzed stuff, and here are my conclusions, for whatever it's worth." That never materialized in this game, even though it's been going for over a week.

After all the flips we've seen, if I'm still wrong about Puck being Scum here, then maybe I should just narrate from now on. lol
And from my posts on Page 22 of the Deck, you can tell that I had settled on a suspect list that basically went:

Puck71
Apollyon
JediJer
vhstapes

So if you put me in the place of any of the remaining Town players, and I am unable to convince everyone to No Lynch (y'all definitely should have No Lynched) then I guess I would have voted "right." But the fact that even on the final Day, I still could not confidently color anyone Red instead of Orange, is a testament to how well the Scum team kept the solution blurry after their ugly start. (Yes, there were LVT candidates that helped things along, but Puck and Remaker did their part.)

I'm not used to still having doubt about the right lynch, that late in the game. Kudos to the bad guys.

NOW the mutiny was worth it.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

Well, it's not the first time I've been the last scum standing. Seems like at least 3 times? Plus that sk game. It gets grueling at times lol
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

Lol...”it gets grueling to lurk and not say anything”
-Keith Brown

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

see, someone gets it
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

Could puck have been punished for his Day 1 voting record? I'm talking about before Remaker was lynched, and Remaker was presumed a likely green.

1. First puck was on the Tapes train. Not a huge deal to be on the wrong train, but call this strike 1.

2. Next, he followed Hunter from tapes to Remaker with no reason given. Unlike Hunter, who made a big point about the fact that he locked himself out of changing vote pack to tapes, puck left the door entirely open to go with either of them. Puck didn't write the words "Anyone but Batmouse" but his vote said it. Call this "Anyone but Batmouse" vote strike 2.

3. Lets dive a little deeper into that no reason given vote switch to Remaker. Why would puck vote Remaker there?
-If puck wants to lynch a lurker, why wasn't he on Batmouse first? Hunter and I posted reasons to lynch lurker Remaker over lurker Batmouse, so that would be a reason to switch from Batmouse to Remaker. But puck switched from Tapes to Remaker. Puck presumably thought that Tapes looked scummy and that this was more important than lynching a lurker.
-Hunter switched from Tapes to Remaker because he believed the vanilla claim (or so he says). He did not explain his reasoning. I stick to Tapes because Hunter hasn't actually provided any reasons to believe the vanilla claim. Puck does not stick to Tapes. Why? If he thought Tapes looked scummy before, what's the reason to jump off? Just because Hunter believed the claim? How would puck know he is supposed to trust Hunter, unless puck knows the allegiance of all players?
Call this strike 3.

Would be interested to hear if anyone thinks pucks Day 1 vote behavior "looks fine" in the context of Day 2 / Day 3 / Day 4 while Remaker is presumed green. Once Remaker flips red, I would definitely say puck looks better.

Maybe puck was just overlooked for a long time because however bad he looked, caldred looked worse, and caldred didn't hit a noose until end of Day 3.
Greg Zinn

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

I think it fits the early game puck meta of him not really paying much attention and just going w/ the flow.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

So... who is running the next one?

Thanks!

JarJarDrinks

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 1 Ends Thursday 8/30 @ 4pm EST

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Hunter wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:struggling with phone etc. anyone saying batmouse is easy to catch later is full of *. that has literally never been true. preferencing him over another lurker is ridiculous.
Batmouse is easy to catch later. I've said it for years, and JJD has said it for years.
Oh wanted to make sure to confirm this. BM is still one of if not THE easiest player to read.
dx_37 wrote:
- Bill Maher

- Derek Jeter

rhendon

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 1 Ends Thursday 8/30 @ 4pm EST

Post by rhendon »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
Hunter wrote:
WiseMarsellus wrote:struggling with phone etc. anyone saying batmouse is easy to catch later is full of *. that has literally never been true. preferencing him over another lurker is ridiculous.
Batmouse is easy to catch later. I've said it for years, and JJD has said it for years.
Oh wanted to make sure to confirm this. BM is still one of if not THE easiest player to read.
Sure and there were those of us that agreed with this. The problem isn't him being easy to catch, its even when he is caught, he doesn't hang.

Return to “Forum games”