The Last Jedi Mafia GAME OVER - SCUM WINS

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME OVER - SCUM WINS

Post by Hunter »

Gergall wrote: Maybe puck was just overlooked for a long time because however bad he looked, caldred looked worse, and caldred didn't hit a noose until end of Day 3.
I would go further than that, and say that caldred's scumminess actually protected Puck from my suspicion up until caldred hit that Noose. While Scum Gergall could have gotten caldred lynched on Day 2 but didn't, Puck actually did try to get caldred lynched on Day 2. If caldred flips Red, it pretty well cements Puck as Town. Only after the caldred lynch do you see me saying on the Deck that Puck must be Scum.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

JarJarDrinks wrote:I think it fits the early game puck meta of him not really paying much attention and just going w/ the flow.
More or less. The real reason I think was that I didn't have time to post the reason. If I had, the reason would have been that I wanted to see if/how other votes might move based on Hunter's post.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

* I forgot about that one vote you did that made me wonder.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 2 Ends 9/3 @ 4pm EST

Post by Hunter »

rhendon wrote: 4. Instead of playing a game of intrigue where you dig for hints and use them to pressure to gather more info, we just run around in circles to no effect.

5. The only thing that will save people is role claims which is lame. I'd prefer future games to ban this aspect to force people to play this game.
Well see, what you need to do is play in a game with the best rules & roles setup we've ever seen. A game where uncountered roleclaims don't really mean anything.

A game where I'll replace Dazzler with Jubilee, just to match this video better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IzSGvXc_PM

If Gergall isn't able to get his Infinity War setup figured out, then I'm pretty happy with the revisions I've made to the X-Men vs Brotherhood setup. (And if watching that link doesn't get you pumped, then you haven't lived.)

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

I am pretty sure that ans the first x-men movie are the only comic book hero stuff I have seen.

Wait... one time I took a chick out to see Hell boy.. we left halfway to do something way more entertaining.

Thanks!

Gergall

Re: The Last Jedi Mafia GAME thread - Day 2 Ends 9/3 @ 4pm EST

Post by Gergall »

rhendon wrote:5. The only thing that will save people is role claims which is lame. I'd prefer future games to ban this aspect to force people to play this game.
Making the narrator decide what is and isn't a roleclaim is lame. You should instead join the Gergall + Meto "Team Vanilla" where we encourage the narrator to include lots of vanilla players and only a few roles (maybe just 2-3 town players have a role). This burns the candle at both ends - not only will there be fewer roleclaims saving people, it also means that wolves have a great chance to get an uncountered fake claim - which in turn means that even the legit town claims are dubious and may need to be ignored if you ever want to hang a wolf.
Hunter wrote:Well see, what you need to do is play in a game with the best rules & roles setup we've ever seen. A game where uncountered roleclaims don't really mean anything.
This style of game works too, and can be a lot of fun. I like alternating between both types.
If Gergall isn't able to get his Infinity War setup figured out
I'm not even trying. I just thought it would make for an interesting discussion to try to figure out a Thanos type character and perhaps we'd come up with something amazing (we didn't, at least not yet IMO). If you're excited about this X-Men game, go for it :yes:
Greg Zinn

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

I'll need to make sure the revisions are as close to complete as I think.

Then I can make a signup thread, and see if people are in the mood to play again, or maybe need a year to rest from the last game, first. lol

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Unless rhendon ever finished designing his Battlestar Galactica-themed Werewolf game. That sounded potentially interesting too.

Is that something that ever came together, rhendon?

rhendon

Post by rhendon »

Hunter wrote:Unless rhendon ever finished designing his Battlestar Galactica-themed Werewolf game. That sounded potentially interesting too.

Is that something that ever came together, rhendon?
No I think I lost interest after I got banned. I can see if I have my stuff around somewhere where I was working on it.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Maybe a game somewhere between worlds and Christmas that doesn't coincide with Thanksgiving?
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Didn't know when Worlds was, so I took a peek.

Start date of 10/9 sound good then?

Anyone else think that "after Worlds but before Thanksgiving" is a swell time for a game?

TacoBill

Post by TacoBill »

Hunter wrote:Anyone else think that "after Worlds but before Thanksgiving" is a swell time for a game?
:thumbs:
Bill Kafer
Definitely on the Mount Rushmore of SWCCG players to live in Hawaii
Cam Solusar wrote:What TacoBill proposes is ideal IMO.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Meto wrote:Maybe a game somewhere between worlds and Christmas that doesn't coincide with Thanksgiving?
Xmen v Brotherhood part 2 IS Christmas.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
Meto wrote:Maybe a game somewhere between worlds and Christmas that doesn't coincide with Thanksgiving?
Xmen v Brotherhood part 2 IS Christmas.
:lol:

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Idk, I've had a lot more Christmases than X-Men vs Brotherhoods.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Return to “Forum games”