Re: X-Men vs. Brotherhood 2 Signup Thread

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Totally forgot I'll be on a cruise from the 19th-24th :(
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

Greg Zinn

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

The Last Jedi game was a total of 17 days, with a couple longer than normal phases, so I think 10 days should be enough time to get through most of the game. Besides, you'll probably end up dead before the 19th anyway.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Hunter wrote:Although Maven no longer visits the Forums, I am pleased to announce that I have nevertheless successfully recruited him to help me balance the revisions to the setup. :)

Right now, tentatively looking at a start date of 10/09.
Good thing I said "tentatively." I might have thought that by this time, Mark and I would have finalized the ruleset and role list, and the game would basically be "ready to go." But that's definitely NOT how things have gone, as he and I are way behind the pace I would've projected.

I can't guarantee that the process won't get finished up by the 9th...but I would say it doesn't feel likely. So with apologies to anyone who was anticipating that date...it seems there will probably be a delay.

DTartagOne

Post by DTartagOne »

/in
Dan "Tortellini" Tartaglione
Image Image

MPC Consolation Runner Up 2020 Texas Mini Worlds Top 16

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Hunter wrote:
Hunter wrote:Although Maven no longer visits the Forums, I am pleased to announce that I have nevertheless successfully recruited him to help me balance the revisions to the setup. :)

Right now, tentatively looking at a start date of 10/09.
Good thing I said "tentatively." I might have thought that by this time, Mark and I would have finalized the ruleset and role list, and the game would basically be "ready to go." But that's definitely NOT how things have gone, as he and I are way behind the pace I would've projected.

I can't guarantee that the process won't get finished up by the 9th...but I would say it doesn't feel likely. So with apologies to anyone who was anticipating that date...it seems there will probably be a delay.
So while I wasn't really comfortable w/ the proximity of the start of game and my cruise, I may have been able to make it work. But if the date is any later than I think I'd bow out as it wouldn't be fair to the players and narrator to start a game that I that was gonna have to soon leave.

I don't want to selfishly ask to move the date even further out but if it started on the 24th or later, I'd be able to play. Otherwise remove me and if Hunter would like, I can at least help w/ the roles and game balance.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

JarJarDrinks wrote:So while I wasn't really comfortable w/ the proximity of the start of game and my cruise, I may have been able to make it work. But if the date is any later than I think I'd bow out as it wouldn't be fair to the players and narrator to start a game that I that was gonna have to soon leave.
If being on the cruise had meant that your participation would be greatly "reduced" but you wouldn't become THE biggest lurker in the game, I think that would have been fine. If being on the cruise meant that you would become a risk to be modkilled for inactivity, then I would have asked you to step out, despite the possibility of you already being eliminated from the game before the cruise begins.
JarJarDrinks wrote: I don't want to selfishly ask to move the date even further out but if it started on the 24th or later, I'd be able to play.
Waiting until the 24th to start is certainly within the range of possibilities, so the slowness with which Maven and I have worked through the alterations could end up as a blessing for you.

Starting on the 24th wouldn't keep the game from finishing up comfortably before Thanksgiving. The ONLY reason the tentative start date was immediately after Worlds is that once I began doing real work on the revisions, I became real excited about how sweet everything was looking. No players asked for the game to start that soon after Worlds, that was 100% me.

So we'll just see how soon Maven and I are finished. Still need to finish filling the registration list too, of course. I haven't added fungineer to the list yet, because I want to make sure he still wishes to play even if he were unable to get the evening deadline he wanted. JediJer has posted in the thread, but didn't technically say he was in, so I didn't add him either. I took Reid's registration as humor, so I didn't add him. rhendon was a significant part of why I chose to run this game now, because he was complaining during the last game about how roleclaims are the only good way to escape a Noose. That doesn't apply to this setup, and since he didn't get to play in X-Men vs. Brotherhood 1, I was running the game partly for him. But now he kinda/sorta quit the forums, or something? Seems to still log in now and then, but has *almost* entirely stopped posting. If he decides to stick around, maybe he'll want to play. Don't know if Wise's "outing" from the game was schedule-based or not. If so, the delay might enable him to play. I'd like 18 players. We have somewhere between 14 and 19, but I'll watch to see how it shakes out, as Maven and I get things locked down.

arebelspy
World Champion
World Champion

Post by arebelspy »

Wise has studying for the bar coming up, I believe that is impacting his decision on forum games.

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

arebelspy wrote:Wise has studying for the bar coming up, I believe that is impacting his decision on forum games.
:thumbup:

fungineer
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Holotable username: fungineer
GEMP Username: fungineer

Post by fungineer »

This is probably a poor decision on my part, but /in.
* Congrats if you read through my whole post. Have a cookie, it's in your cache.
* https://gemp.starwarsccg.org/gemp-swccg Play for free, even if you don't own good cards. Then play in real life, with real people, even if you aren't any good.
Image Image Image
Sagnet wrote:At this point, I think your posts are more unclear than the rules are.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

I had considered not playing in these anymore, but then I thought I had posted that I was going to do one more for John, but I guess I never posted that.

Regardless, I'm in for this.

Gergall
Rules Advocate

Post by Gergall »

JediJer wrote:I had considered not playing in these anymore, but then I thought I had posted that I was going to do one more for John, but I guess I never posted that.

Regardless, I'm in for this.
I don't think we ever dedicated a game to anyone or anything before, but this one is definitely going out to John / puck at least in my mind.
Greg Zinn

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

The Role List in the OP should now be considered Final.

Remaker

Post by Remaker »

Any update on this

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

Remaker wrote:Any update on this
Nope. Still 2 spots open. But if they fill, it's been long enough now that I would probably need to check in with everyone and make sure there isn't anyone who needed to drop.

Return to “Forum games”