Timed games

Courtyard Atlanta Downtown
133 Carnegie Way
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
qasur

Re: Timed games

Post by qasur »

Fwiw, I always liked the idea of a First Strike (Draw Their Fire) being winner of battle retrieves 1 Force and loser loses 3 Force, dropping ability to not have access to ghhh/houjix instead of current text.

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

qasur wrote:Fwiw, I always liked the idea of a First Strike (Draw Their Fire) being winner of battle retrieves 1 Force and loser loses 3 Force, dropping ability to not have access to ghhh/houjix instead of current text.
:noshake:

I think having an effect that's immune to alter outright cancel ghkk/houjix would be really, really bad. I wouldn't have a problem with force retrieval/loss being dependant on who wins the battle though.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

qasur

Post by qasur »

stephengascrub wrote:
qasur wrote:Fwiw, I always liked the idea of a First Strike (Draw Their Fire) being winner of battle retrieves 1 Force and loser loses 3 Force, dropping ability to not have access to ghhh/houjix instead of current text.

I think having an effect that's immune to alter outright cancel ghkk/houjix would be really, really bad. I wouldn't have a problem with force retrieval/loss being dependant on who wins the battle though.
You misunderstand, I don't want it to prevent them from being played, which FS/DTF can do right now.

Karrdeshark
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Karrdeshark »

The Franchise wrote:For the years of 2004 to 2006, no single swccg game went to turn 4
FTFY

stephengascrub
GEMP Username: Polymers55

Post by stephengascrub »

qasur wrote:
stephengascrub wrote:

You misunderstand, I don't want it to prevent them from being played, which FS/DTF can do right now.
Lol. Yeah, I totally misread what your wrote qasur. My bad dude.
Stephen M.
Dagobah Region

-Team The Bad Batch

sac89837

Post by sac89837 »

spideyguy0 wrote:
spideyguy0 wrote:It's much harder to make your opponent take overflow from a battle now than it was a couple years ago.
I think I caused overflow at least 8 times in the 10 games I played day 2 + 3.
You're saying that like it's a lot? Cause it used to be far more common than that.[/quote]

For what it's worth, I went 12-3 this weekend and 10 of those wins were because of beat downs, either game ending or 15+ damage. I also had only 1 game go to time out of 15. As usual Reid is right, as every game I played I think the first two turns took only five minutes, leaving more time for the mid-late game.
On a unicorn, riding a unicorn over a rainbow.

"Bounty Hunters don't do brunch."

Return to “NA Continentals - Aug 9-12”