Everyone who is going to worlds please read:

Sheraton Needham Hotel
100 Cabot St, Needham, MA 02494
mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Re: Everyone who is going to worlds please read:

Post by mikefrench »

Meto wrote:Calling back to something Justin was talking about: back in the Decipher days, cheating was absolutely condoned, culturally and by Decipher itself. They likened it to playing a Jedi mind trick or something ridiculous like that.

Even in playtesting, I'd try to get away with not losing to Visage, not paying for Battle Plan, etc.

Then I started doing GOOD playtesting. Where both players try to play as if all cards actually need to be played. If something is missed, you go out of your way to fix it because relying on mistakes is actually a very bad way to playtest. Instead of focusing on not losing to Visage, we focused on making good decisions. We stopped forgetting stuff, etc. I just learned better habits.

All of a sudden I started placing at non-local events. Coincidence? I don't think so. Playing correctly just made me a better player. I still make mistakes, I still forget cards, etc., but it is much less often and my gameplans no longer involve my opponent making errors.

So yeah, Mike Richards, I'm going to call you out. You've been on the verge of being a contender for final days of tournaments for a long time. Want to make the next step? Knock it off with the cheap tricks and just play the game better.
great post. kyle, you are a smart dude.

The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

Meto wrote:So yeah, Mike Richards, I'm going to call you out. You've been on the verge of being a contender for final days of tournaments for a long time. Want to make the next step? Knock it off with the cheap tricks and just play the game better.
My "cheap tricks" have nothing to do with me needing to be a better player haha. I just follow the tournament guidelines.

FWIW, Like I have said, I have played a lot of players over the years. I have ran into genuine cheating on several occasions and countless times of pure shadiness. Me not playing my opponents deck for them is not shady nor cheating. I think the amount of collusion that goes on at tournaments is downright atrocious.
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

mr007agent wrote:
Meto wrote:So yeah, Mike Richards, I'm going to call you out. You've been on the verge of being a contender for final days of tournaments for a long time. Want to make the next step? Knock it off with the cheap tricks and just play the game better.
My "cheap tricks" have nothing to do with me needing to be a better player haha. I just follow the tournament guidelines.

FWIW, Like I have said I have played a lot of players over the years. I have ran into genuine cheating on several occasions and countless times of pure shadiness. Me not playing my opponents deck for them is not shady nor cheating. I think the amount of collusion that goes on at tournaments is downright atrocious.

Hahahahha oh this ought to be good. Collusion, please do go on

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

Steviegets112 wrote:
mr007agent wrote:

FWIW, Like I have said I have played a lot of players over the years. I have ran into genuine cheating on several occasions and countless times of pure shadiness. Me not playing my opponents deck for them is not shady nor cheating. I think the amount of collusion that goes on at tournaments is downright atrocious.

Booker vs Eier FW +44???
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
-007-
ImageImage

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

mr007agent wrote:
Steviegets112 wrote:
mr007agent wrote:

Booker vs Eier FW +44???

Yea I mean sure. That's part of being on a team though. 44 is clearly over the top. Thats the only nice thing about sos it makes scooping a whole lot easier

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

there's a pretty big difference between collusion (both players deciding the outcome of the game) and just not trying to win. if i get paired up to a friend in game 8 of worlds day 2, where i have no shot of top 8'ing but my friend does, i will basically always scoop. if SOS is the tiebreak, then the tournament doesn't care. previously, the rule was that i couldn't scoop. so there's nothing stopping me from playing the game poorly. that's what booker did (or maybe not, maybe he actually did try to win) and he was playing against a deck that could prevent the opponent from drawing up, while retrieving its entire lost pile. if booker CHOOSES to play poorly, and eier does NOTHING to influence his decision, that is NOT collusion.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

mikefrench wrote:there's a pretty big difference between collusion (both players deciding the outcome of the game) and just not trying to win. if i get paired up to a friend in game 8 of worlds day 2, where i have no shot of top 8'ing but my friend does, i will basically always scoop. if SOS is the tiebreak, then the tournament doesn't care. previously, the rule was that i couldn't scoop. so there's nothing stopping me from playing the game poorly. that's what booker did (or maybe not, maybe he actually did try to win) and he was playing against a deck that could prevent the opponent from drawing up, while retrieving its entire lost pile. if booker CHOOSES to play poorly, and eier does NOTHING to influence his decision, that is NOT collusion.
Oh mike french, you slay me.
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
-007-
ImageImage

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

Moral of the story. Get on a good team. Oh wait there is only ONE and they're not taking applications.

Chugga Chugga Chuuuu Chuuuu

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Steviegets112 wrote:Moral of the story. Get on a good team. Oh wait there is only ONE and they're not taking applications.

Kevin and his lowly squire don't count as a team? ;)
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

imrahil327 wrote:
Steviegets112 wrote:Moral of the story. Get on a good team. Oh wait there is only ONE and they're not taking applications.

Kevin and his lowly squire don't count as a team? ;)

I mean, I really really like you guys. If we were in high school I'd want to sit with you at lunch.......But I did say GOOD.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

I'd still put $ up on Kevin against you any day.* :) :be:

*Only if Kevin was okay with it, obviously
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

imrahil327 wrote:I'd still put $ up on Kevin against you any day.* :) :be:

Hahah I didn't say I was good. I said the TEAM

I think I'd need some pretty insane odds to take tha bet.

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

Steviegets112 wrote:

Lebron = Chu
Wade = me
Bosh = you (lol)
Ray = (mike)
Durant = Shannon
Shoenthal = Kendrick Perkins

Hunter
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Hunter »

allstarz97 wrote: Lebron = Chu
Wade = me
Bosh = you (lol)
Ray = (mike)
Durant = Shannon
Can I be Kobe Bryant? I didn't ask before using Katelyn's back door either.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

careful. when i did this with full house they sent the thread to die in off-topic

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

allstarz97 wrote:
Steviegets112 wrote:

Lebron = Chu
Wade = me
Bosh = you (lol)
Ray = (mike)
Durant = Shannon
No...Shoenthal is Andrew Bynum. We have pictures of them together showing how much they look alike. It's strange who you can run into at the Atlanta Airport at 6am.
DVD ROTS wrote:EPP Drunk Kyle with 1/3-full Bottle of Vodka leads one to draw certain conclusions, though.
Check out my Ebay store. http://stores.ebay.com/ClaytonsComix?_rdc=1

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

:lol: I'm glad this thread got awesome. I can't be Bynum though, my knees function properly.

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

I guess it's fitting that I'm from Seattle, because I don't have a team any more. :(
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Harpster
GEMP Username: Sharpy

Post by Harpster »

If you actually played cards, you could drive over to my place almost anytime on the weekends/ Friday night and I'd be down to play cards. I play cards during the week after 5 too sometimes, but I try to hold off for the weekends for playing cards.

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

Harpster wrote:If you actually played cards, you could drive over to my place almost anytime on the weekends/ Friday night and I'd be down to play cards. I play cards during the week after 5 too sometimes, but I try to hold off for the weekends for playing cards.

I thought you were quittin bro

Return to “Worlds - August 8-11”