Consolation Event

Sheraton Needham Hotel
100 Cabot St, Needham, MA 02494
CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Consolation Event

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

Was there not a Day 3 Consolation event or did the Legacy event take its place?

Hobbie
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Re: Consolation Event

Post by Hobbie »

CategoryOneGames.com wrote:Was there not a Day 3 Consolation event or did the Legacy event take its place?
Probably safe to assume Richards won...
--Nate Davis

Recommended traders: Phil78, Hunter, sac89837, Avatari, biffpow, Atma, rYyIrisH, categoryonegames.com, DarkQug, yannedern, Tom Bombadil, Bryan-Irish
Aglets wrote:Hobbie's got it.
Kevbozzz wrote:What the hell is the "home page"? I don't see any sub-forum by that name.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

There were 22 players, it was 4 games. I'm not sure who won. 4 games with SoS with 22 players is kind of awful
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

CategoryOneGames.com
GEMP Username: Categoryon

Post by CategoryOneGames.com »

spideyguy0 wrote:There were 22 players, it was 4 games. I'm not sure who won. 4 games with SoS with 22 players is kind of awful
Agree and that is a bad turnout. 60 players entered Day 2 and only 8 played Day 3, out of 52 players only 22 played Sunday. Plus there was not even a post about it on the boards - overall bad coverage of this one event - especially since we still don't even know the winner or who was playing.

Didn't Richards not play in it last year because he was sick Sunday morning and slept through it.

RexBanner7
DS Region: Kashyyyk
DS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by RexBanner7 »

I think Chris Menzel won and Aaron Nelson too second, though I could be wrong on that. Just going off of memory.
arebelspy wrote:Who can resist the call of the mystery box?

DVD ROTS
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by DVD ROTS »

Yeah, Chris and Aaron were the two undefeateds.

Generally on Sunday people are too tired/asleep/hungover/still drunk/burned out/watching Day 3.
Kevbozzz wrote:When you're crushing Hyperdrive with BHBM, Booker doesn't come rappelling through your kitchen window demanding that you play real decks.

mr007agent

Post by mr007agent »

CategoryOneGames.com wrote:Didn't Richards not play in it last year because he was sick Sunday morning and slept through it.
nah I have only been sick once and that was at SoCal. I have been sleeping through them though. At the MPC I came in for the last 4 games and went undefeated. This time I came in using Matt Schmaltz decks after he went 0-2 and then proceeded to go 2-0 with them. Add them together and you get 1st place! :)
Michael Richards
Rogue 84
PC Volunteer
Shadow 43 - Dantooine Flight Leader
http://omega.uta.edu/~mhr7680/dantooineswccg.html
-007-
ImageImage

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

CategoryOneGames.com wrote:
spideyguy0 wrote:There were 22 players, it was 4 games. I'm not sure who won. 4 games with SoS with 22 players is kind of awful
Agree and that is a bad turnout. 60 players entered Day 2 and only 8 played Day 3, out of 52 players only 22 played Sunday. Plus there was not even a post about it on the boards - overall bad coverage of this one event - especially since we still don't even know the winner or who was playing.

Didn't Richards not play in it last year because he was sick Sunday morning and slept through it.
Casey was saying it should have been 6 games with sos or 4 games with diff

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

Yeah I think the consolation should always be diff. So many people drop from it anyways which completely messes with SOS even if you get a good turnout.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

The Smoking Gungan wrote: Casey was saying it should have been 6 games with sos or 4 games with diff
I was saying that, but Mike just convinced me otherwise with his post. He's right, far too many people drop from the consolation event to ever justify it being SoS.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

kcaton

Post by kcaton »

spideyguy0 wrote:
The Smoking Gungan wrote: Casey was saying it should have been 6 games with sos or 4 games with diff
I was saying that, but Mike just convinced me otherwise with his post. He's right, far too many people drop from the consolation event to ever justify it being SoS.

It shall be so moving forward.

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

DVD ROTS wrote:Generally on Sunday people are too tired/asleep/hungover/still drunk/burned out/watching Day 3.
I think this is the main reason there were so few people playing in any event on Sunday (either Legacy (6 players) or consolation (20+). I know that I was too tired and burned out from days 1 and 2 that I didn't want to play in the consolation, so I ran it instead.

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

The Sunday event is usually about half of the field from Saturday. The other half are either in the Top 8, leaving early to head home, or too tired/hungover/still drunk to play.

So with a field of 60 and I think they Consolation got 24 and 6 for Legacy, that's pretty close to other events.

24 people is still larger than a lot of other events held throughout the year. Should have been 6 games though, especially with a cash prize for 1st/2nd.

Agree that it should be Differential though, and this might actually be a good selling point since so few events are Dif.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

We probably could have done 6 games, but I felt like a lot of players were likely going to drop after 4 games anyway to go get something to eat or start up a power cube, I made the call to just make it 4 games. SOS was definitely a bad call on my part though.

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

DVD ROTS wrote:Yeah, Chris and Aaron were the two undefeateds.

Generally on Sunday people are too tired/asleep/hungover/still drunk/burned out/watching Day 3.
Yeah, we were the first two.

And for what it's worth... my differential was around 90 after the 4 games.

I still would like to thank Aaron for not insisting on a final confrontation.
Since I had to go to the airport, I could have done only 1 more game.
Thanks again, man!
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Return to “Worlds - August 8-11”