jedi levitation
ajr 2x
escape pod (v) 2x
houjix

weapons(3)
jedi saber (v)
qui's saber 5
luke's saber

Figure'd I'd post this while people are waiting for decklists. Mains and toys deck. Only thing interesting is the start. We picked Shimi's hut because you pick that as your starting location, they think you are communing and start prep d, if you started the home one war room for example they would suspect sonn v and might play the emperor start card and like ability, ability, ability. No room for shimi, 3po and a 2nd ghhhk and I didn't want to give them protocol failure cards anyway. I built it the morning of day 3. It won by 23 vs Kevin and 29 vs Reid, Didn't play the match vs steve. It felt really good, scoops to our tie deck though.

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Re: Sonn Mains LS First place decklist

Post by Hayes »

Very interesting platform. Smart starting the hut. I'd never play it vs 'the field' exactly because of the weakness to spice ties etc. Great Meta call.

TB
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by TB »

Very smooth and tight list. Puts few cards on table and looks very durable. I Would not have been able to resist adding shmi and threeps and it would have been weaker for that. super cool and original mains build.
Results:
European Championships 2014 - 3rd place
European Championships 2013 - 8th place
Toola Regionals 2013 - runner up
European Championships 2011 - 5th place

SolaGratia

Post by SolaGratia »

Thanks for sharing and congrats on the win!!! Sounds like it was a long time in coming and you were well due for it!

1 quick newb question. I really don't get Sonn v - maybe I don't fully understand it but is it just an activation booster? Seems like your cards get stuck on it for the game.

Thanks in advance!

RybackStun
GEMP Username: RybackStun

Post by RybackStun »

As a guess, I would think it's to go first and deploy two "shields" for free. Other than that I have no clue.

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

10/10 would bang
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

RybackStun wrote:As a guess, I would think it's to go first and deploy two "shields" for free. Other than that I have no clue.
3 shields. ;)

Not too shabby at all. I love fakeout deck ideas.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

RybackStun

Post by RybackStun »

Aglets wrote:
RybackStun wrote:As a guess, I would think it's to go first and deploy two "shields" for free. Other than that I have no clue.
3 shields. ;)

Oh yeah, Do is also a shield, forgot about that.

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

SolaGratia wrote:Thanks for sharing and congrats on the win!!! Sounds like it was a long time in coming and you were well due for it!

1 quick newb question. I really don't get Sonn v - maybe I don't fully understand it but is it just an activation booster? Seems like your cards get stuck on it for the game.

Thanks in advance!
Lets LS go first and gives you more activation than Y4TR, gives you a way to generate activation without putting locations on the table, and puts several effects in play that save on shield pulls, most notably Battle Plan which slows down the pace of the game. That gives you more time to set up your hand for attacking, and Draw their fire limits the interrupts they can play during those battles or makes them save force, which also slows your opponent down even further. Its just a solid choke platform.

It also gives you something to do with meta cards in your deck that have no use in a specific matchup.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

RybackStun

Post by RybackStun »

gogolen wrote:
SolaGratia wrote:Thanks for sharing and congrats on the win!!! Sounds like it was a long time in coming and you were well due for it!

Thanks in advance!
Lets LS go first and gives you more activation than Y4TR, gives you a way to generate activation without putting locations on the table, and puts several effects in play that save on shield pulls, most notably Battle Plan which slows down the pace of the game. That gives you more time to set up your hand for attacking, and Draw their fire limits the interrupts they can play during those battles or makes them save force, which also slows your opponent down even further. Its just a solid choke platform.

It also gives you something to do with meta cards in your deck that have no use in a specific matchup.
See I didn't see the extra activation part of that because it was so wordy. That is actually an AMAZING event if you can run it properly. The deck is basically a catch-all with a few weaknesses (As OP stated, Ties)

I may have to take a look at what I have to make this deck, it seems VERY good on paper.

EDIT: I mean obviously it is good, but it'll be interesting to see how much difference there is between a World Champ playing it and someone who is returning to the game/decent at the game.

SolaGratia

Post by SolaGratia »

gogolen wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Thanks gogolen, makes perfect sense.

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

RybackStun wrote:
Aglets wrote:
3 shields. ;)

Oh yeah, Do is also a shield, forgot about that.
Sonnv also cancels inserts, so that's shield 4 (or at least 3.5)

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

I might have tried to fit in a here me baby hold together, just because you have a push in the deck, which would allow you to have a grabber to take one of their interrupts right away.

JosephPhillips
DS Region: Endor
DS Region: Endor

Post by JosephPhillips »

retwin316 wrote:I might have tried to fit in a here me baby hold together, just because you have a push in the deck, which would allow you to have a grabber to take one of their interrupts right away.
I think you need to be careful about building a deck from day 3 worlds, not that you won't do well with it, but they tend to be teched for specific matchups. As Justin pointed out, it would have scooped to their TIE deck. He obviously made the right call and it was the right deck to play, but if you want to build a deck that will do best against various matchups, it might be better to consider a decklist from day 2.
"Real wisdom is knowing when to learn from your own mistakes and when to learn from the mistakes of others."

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

JosephPhillips wrote:
retwin316 wrote:I might have tried to fit in a here me baby hold together, just because you have a push in the deck, which would allow you to have a grabber to take one of their interrupts right away.
I think you need to be careful about building a deck from day 3 worlds, not that you won't do well with it, but they tend to be teched for specific matchups. As Justin pointed out, it would have scooped to their TIE deck. He obviously made the right call and it was the right deck to play, but if you want to build a deck that will do best against various matchups, it might be better to consider a decklist from day 2.

Agreed- very often the Day 3 decks are skewed to beat specific opponents in your path to the Finals. Most players have their favorite / go-to decks, and most people know what the top guys are likely to play because they are in the Top 8 so often and their decklists are the ones people talk about/copy the most.

Look at the top 12 or 16 players from Day 2 and you are likely to find decks that you will have better results with.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

teh_brainiac
LS Region: Bespin
LS Region: Bespin

Post by teh_brainiac »

great deck and meta call, id prolly start yodas hut and play stone pilez.
just an above average minnesotan

RybackStun

Post by RybackStun »

Just a clarification then, does this deck do well ONLY against HD(v), CPI(v), Slavers, and Walkers?

Yeah it was a deck designed to play in Day 3, but with no real knowledge of what the Day 3 decks were (Did the players know what other Day 3 decks were?) is there really a difference? Yes Desai played Testing on Day 2, but was it THAT big of a difference in the playing field?

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

RybackStun wrote:Just a clarification then, does this deck do well ONLY against HD(v), CPI(v), Slavers, and Walkers?

Yeah it was a deck designed to play in Day 3, but with no real knowledge of what the Day 3 decks were (Did the players know what other Day 3 decks were?) is there really a difference? Yes Desai played Testing on Day 2, but was it THAT big of a difference in the playing field?
No, I think across the board it plays good cards, and fights well in both arenas. Walkers might be a tough matchup I think, our version of spice ties too (I think the versions without the saber sqd tie are much easier). The deck is much smoother than the testing deck, I mean I really don't know all that much about the deck because I just built it that morning...it felt super awesome, but who knows what matchups are good bad.

RybackStun

Post by RybackStun »

allstarz97 wrote:
RybackStun wrote:Just a clarification then, does this deck do well ONLY against HD(v), CPI(v), Slavers, and Walkers?

No, I think across the board it plays good cards, and fights well in both arenas. Walkers might be a tough matchup I think, our version of spice ties too (I think the versions without the saber sqd tie are much easier). The deck is much smoother than the testing deck, I mean I really don't know all that much about the deck because I just built it that morning...it felt super awesome, but who knows what matchups are good bad.
This being the case, I don't see it being a bad idea net decking this.

It plays a lot of stuff I see in other popular decks and gives you a ton of advantages without some of the downfalls of certain objectives.

Great work with this deck, looking forward to seeing how some other players pick up and play this particular deck.

Thanks for the information as well :)

Hayes

Post by Hayes »

teh_brainiac wrote:great deck and meta call, id prolly start yodas hut and play stone pilez.
Nah, that card is destiny 2 and there are no effect pullers.

Return to “Worlds - August 8-11”