Almosts

Sheraton Needham Hotel
100 Cabot St, Needham, MA 02494
teh_brainiac
LS Region: Bespin
LS Region: Bespin

Re: Almosts

Post by teh_brainiac »

wish i didnt play ellors qmc. man that deck was a let down. glad i played watto though. still undefeated with that deck.

just an above average minnesotan

retwin316
LS Region: Corellia
LS Region: Corellia

Post by retwin316 »

Advocate wrote:Dark for me was a lock. I felt really comfortable about my profit too, but I went 0-4 to two EOPS and two Spice which are.apparently all horrible matchups.

I really felt good, but it just didn't work out. I will say I am really motivated to find some new decks. I am definitely going to set some goals for this next.season.

@swccg
My thoughts exactly!

abanger0
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: abanger
GEMP Username: abanger

Post by abanger0 »

Advocate wrote:Dark for me was a lock. I felt really comfortable about my profit too, but I went 0-4 to two EOPS and two Spice which are.apparently all horrible matchups.

I really felt good, but it just didn't work out. I will say I am really motivated to find some new decks. I am definitely going to set some goals for this next.season.

@swccg
"Ready to step up to big boy decks?" - Greg Shaw

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

You have no idea.,;)

@swccg
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

abanger0 wrote:

@swccg
"Ready to step up to big boy decks?" - Greg Shaw
I'll believe it when I see it

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

I was playing high destiny before you were even in diapers boy.

@swccg
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

Learn to track more.

Advocate
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Touche.

@swccg
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

allstarz97 wrote:Anyone have any cool decks they almost played? When I played Kevin day three he said he wanted to play the day three deck on day two but couldn't pull the trigger. I was all set to play ties but opted to play the more solid hoth both times. I also almost audibled to communing right before day 2.

Anyone else? What were people's preparations like? How much did the rise of slavers effect what people played for ls? Did anyone predict the meta? Was there a meta?
I did not predict that I would see Surprise Assault being played as a counter to Slavers. This was apparent when it was played on me about 30 seconds after I used Cold Feet at the end of Kevin's turn so I could track the 5 around. Then I lost 7 force when I drained for 1 with Dengar and an ORS at his <> Street.

Oddly enough I still won that game though.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

Darth_Link
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Darth_Link »

teh_brainiac wrote:wish i didnt play ellors qmc. man that deck was a let down. glad i played watto though. still undefeated with that deck.
Yeah, I put QMC ellors on the shelf a couple weeks before worlds. It loses horribly to Slavers.

I almost opted for a Communing deck starting Yoda's hut featuring

Luke at Beggar's Canyon
Revo+Goo Nee Tay
Beggar
Stone Pile
Savrip

(Chewie+Gun, Home1 package, epp Han, screaming lando and other standard choices was the rest of the deck)
Emil W. Sweden
ImageImage

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

Darth_Link wrote:
teh_brainiac wrote:wish i didnt play ellors qmc. man that deck was a let down. glad i played watto though. still undefeated with that deck.
Yeah, I put QMC ellors on the shelf a couple weeks before worlds. It loses horribly to Slavers.

Luke at Beggar's Canyon
Revo+Goo Nee Tay
Beggar
Stone Pile
Savrip

(Chewie+Gun, Home1 package, epp Han, screaming lando and other standard choices was the rest of the deck)

That sounds pretty sweet. At one point we were really high on a rebel senate deck that used leia from premiere with our most desperate hour (v) and leia of alderman (v) to deploy leia and like 10 rebels for 1 force each. The deck was like 38 characters including lt. Too vees and literally the entire rebel strike force on Endor.

Calaglin

Post by Calaglin »

Darth_Link wrote:

Luke at Beggar's Canyon
Revo+Goo Nee Tay
Beggar
Stone Pile
Savrip

Looking forward to Europeans already!
Cedrik V. - Belgium
Ruler of the Low Countries

The Smoking Gungan
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by The Smoking Gungan »

allstarz97 wrote:
The Smoking Gungan wrote:Wish I had played almosts anything else
What did you play? What did you finish? I was pretty surprised you didn't do better.
i went 4-4. The day went L, W, L, L, L, W, W, W, so it was one of those start out bad and keep playing to get to .500, rather than start out strong and then fail to finish

for decks, i played scoundrels with kessel run v for LS. i knew it wasn't great, but I felt it was good enough. also, i was comfortable with it as i'd been playing it most of the summer. my other possible LS deck was something standard, but I'd never actually played it so i didn't want to make stupid gameplay/strategy mistakes. kessel run scoundrels takes a while to get going, and it starts with a lot of cards on table, so it's weak to fast damage. so of course my first two games with it were against mystril podracing and speed watto, and i lost both.

for dark i was playing HDv with devices and weapon lev combos for beatdowns. the idea was to use the beatdowns to get wins against ground decks, and then use the normal strengths of the hdv platform to get wins over random stuff. i lost to reid playing rebel senate because even if i'd have like 20 or 30 power, he'd have 30 or 40 power himself. The game was actually kinda close for a while. I think I got his life force down to less than 10 near the end, but I ran out of characters and he got his retrieval and damage really going so I couldn't close it out. Later I beat Thomas Whaley also playing Rebel Senate so it's not an unwinnable matchup. What is probably unwinnable though is WYSv, which was played against me by Tom H(ollingsworth). Extra goofy interrupts in the deck means less room for standard HDv stuff, so I didn't have enough dudes to be at all 4 Corellia sites like I might with a standard build. If a deck can spend the game running away from you and win, which WYSv can and is its usual gameplan against mains (unless they spread too thin and you go for a beatdown), then you don't have much hope.

i'm definitely disappointed i didn't do better, but i'll just have to learn to live with it. i played in a lot of tourneys (like usual) leading up to worlds, but i didn't actually do much playtesting. (for instance, I like to think playtesting would have told me to choose something else for DS.) when my decks "work" things are usually fine and i can get good results. when my decks don't work for whatever reason i'm probably not in a position to outplay my opponents to get into Day 3 of worlds, in the way the best players in the world can do year after year.

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

Very classy post I'm going to show it to all my female friends

Return to “Worlds - August 8-11”