Snitches Get Stiches

New Brunswick, NJ
The Franchise

Re: Snitches Get Stiches

Post by The Franchise »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Heres a question... The mpc is arguably harder than worlds
WHy do you think this is? It's the complete opposite. The whole point of the MPC format is to make the path for top players as easy as possible to ensure the best matchups in the finals and later rounds.
You can lose 1 game at mpc and you are done. Worlds, 6-2 or occasionally 5-3 cuts it. Just my thought. I mean obv worlds day 3 is impossible, but mpc is a darn minefield

gogolen
LS Region: Coruscant
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

JarJarDrinks wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Heres a question... The mpc is arguably harder than worlds
WHy do you think this is? It's the complete opposite. The whole point of the MPC format is to make the path for top players as easy as possible to ensure the best matchups in the finals and later rounds.
True, but if you are a top player it also means that you have to win at least 2-3 matchups against people who are specifically strategizing against you.

Yes, there is a reason why a #16 has never beaten a #1 seed(could this be the year?) but there is also a reason why you see #4 and #5 seeds make the Final Four.

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

If i were going id wAnt to be a 16. Either get toughest guy out of the way round one, or hit the hot tub a little earlier than planned

gogolen

Post by gogolen »

punkbear wrote:
Steviegets112 wrote:
RybackStun wrote:
darkjediknight11 wrote:it's 99.5% fun * talk amongst friends
IDK man, it seems like Baroni likes to run his mouth beyond just these types of things. Were I a lesser new player, I'd definitely reconsider continuing to play this game.

And it isn't limited to Baroni, but the other guy that does it hasn't been on the boards in a while (thankfully).

I would hope that the event has an air of competition without the arrogance provided in this thread.
I don't think anyone who has actually ever attended a tournament with me has had a problem with me. I'm hilarious. Ask the Euro's they probably hated me before worlds because I talked a lot of * about Worlds 2013 Junior Series, but I think I spent more time shooting the * with Emil and Menzel than anyone else outside of my own camp. The one player you could possibly say I ever had a problem with (lets not count dinelle saying he was going to come after me with a gun) would be Reid and at least on my part it's just been all fun and games. I actually respect his game and the few times we have played it was rather pleasant.

worlds 2009. you were a class act dick-head. We played. Before the game you asked me to collude with you-winner wins by 35. I said na, no point, and its not fair to others. We were both on the 4-3 bubble and really had no chance of getting in b/c our differerential was too low. You proceeded to call me a string of names including most any expletive you can think of. It was real classy. The game next to us, which had two guys talking and having fun, went quiet b/c you were so loud and obnoxious.

I than beat you by about 30.

You stood up and walked away, Ryan French who was in the game next to us. Said "that was the greatest thing ever. After the way he treated you, to beat him like that." The person he was playing agreed (don't remember who it was, but he was a real skinny dude).

You then went to the lobby and proceeded to talk * about me and my scrub ass. Brian Fred told you to settle down and have fun, that its just a game and i'm a nice guy. You responded by telling Bfred to get a job.

You also had an issue with beatstick on that same day. So my opinion of you is based on my personal experience at an event where you really weren't much of a good guy.

you will proceed to answer this post by saying 'and you are' or 'who are you' b/c your level of clever doesn't really reach any deeper. go nuts, don't care.

So there is your proof of someone interacting with you at a tourney and not enjoying it...except when i beat you by 30 cards. All that said. Your * talk on the boards is great and well worth it. it is interesting and all in good fun. I'm sure you're a better dude than you were that day that I got to meet you, but it is what it is.

Also i am a career 1-0 against you. suck it.
Hey I'm not that skinny!

PC Store Manager
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

gogolen wrote:Hey I'm not that skinny!
you were 3 years ago ;)

gogolen

Post by gogolen »

JediJer wrote:
you were 3 years ago ;)
So you are saying I'm fat now? WTF man that's just wrong

PC Store Manager

punkbear
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by punkbear »

gogolen wrote:
JediJer wrote:
you were 3 years ago ;)

lolz, i forgot it was you!! :lol:

i know i've gone up a weight class since that year.
Do you take your hands and face off before you go to bed?

Jabba Shirt guy, sometimes (I found my Shawn Valdez shirt!!).

"Raul stole everyones U-3PO's"
put this in your sig if Raul stole all your U-3PO's

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

I still stand by what I said that day. You were a * moron. I gave you an option to potentially make day 3, something you will probably never actually accomplish, and you passed it up. The only reason you won that game by 30 is because I played it in an attempt to win by 30+. If I recall I solely played vader and he got beat down. Winning that game was meaningless if it didn't get me into day 3. Meanwhile it was obviously a large accomplishment for you "Lifetime 1-0 suck it" lol.

You seem very worked up about this. If you would like to setlle this at the MPC I would be more than happy to oblige

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

@Brad I really hope you are not serious about Justin and I colluding at worlds. For your sake of argument I get it. But come on, there was nothing strategic about that. It was simply a friend doing a friend a favor. If anything I think I would have had more favorable mMtchups vs reid anyways.

mikefrench
Top Cards
Top Cards

Post by mikefrench »

The Franchise wrote:Heres a question... The mpc is arguably harder than worlds... Will steves 3peat be the best swccg achievement ever?
just in case this gets lost, no that will not be the best swccg achievement ever. not even close.
The Honky Tonk Man wrote:If you want to post trash takes, at least go the Mike French route and come off as being somewhat reasonable.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

Steviegets112 wrote:@Brad I really hope you are not serious about Justin and I colluding at worlds. For your sake of argument I get it. But come on, there was nothing strategic about that. It was simply a friend doing a friend a favor. If anything I think I would have had more favorable mMtchups vs reid anyways.
Yeah for sure like i said nothing bad went on, but i could see how an outsider might think it looks suspect.

Steve offtopic but any update on vegas nationals? Was just looking at that thread

gogolen

Post by gogolen »

punkbear wrote:
gogolen wrote:
JediJer wrote:
you were 3 years ago ;)

lolz, i forgot it was you!! :lol:

i know i've gone up a weight class since that year.

Yeah, that's true. I can't fight at Flyweight anymore, I'd have to make the cut to Bantamweight instead.

PC Store Manager

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise »

mikefrench wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Heres a question... The mpc is arguably harder than worlds... Will steves 3peat be the best swccg achievement ever?
just in case this gets lost, no that will not be the best swccg achievement ever. not even close.
What would be?

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Post by dorshe1 »

The Franchise wrote:
mikefrench wrote:
What would be?
Winning the January Real-Time Holotable Tournament?

:-D

You mean THAT isn't it... well poop.

Thanks!

JediJer
Administrator

Post by JediJer »

gogolen wrote:
JediJer wrote:
you were 3 years ago ;)
I'm just saying that being married tends to be accompanied by an increase in weight. You're still skinny, just not that skinny.

punkbear
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by punkbear »

Steviegets112 wrote:I still stand by what I said that day. You were a * moron. I gave you an option to potentially make day 3, something you will probably never actually accomplish, and you passed it up. The only reason you won that game by 30 is because I played it in an attempt to win by 30+. If I recall I solely played vader and he got beat down. Winning that game was meaningless if it didn't get me into day 3. Meanwhile it was obviously a large accomplishment for you "Lifetime 1-0 suck it" lol.

You seem very worked up about this. If you would like to setlle this at the MPC I would be more than happy to oblige

meh, whatevs. how are we going to 'settle it'? i'll have a beer with you any time i choose to be at a tourney where you are also at. I mean, cards don't really matter much or I would go to all of these.

You just made a commment about what a great guy you are. I disagree from what I saw of you that day. I mean you care enough to remember how you lost right? also you just admitted to a collusion attempt, and made a great effort to make it sound like you were being the nice guy in doing so...

you played in an effort to win by 30+ who is to say i wasn't playing that way as well?

i won by 30+.

and it didn't matter just like i stated it wouldn't before the game, before you had your nice guy moment.

also the suck it was an attempt at fun. but lets not have any of that shall we.
Do you take your hands and face off before you go to bed?

Jabba Shirt guy, sometimes (I found my Shawn Valdez shirt!!).

"Raul stole everyones U-3PO's"
put this in your sig if Raul stole all your U-3PO's

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

greatest swccg achievement, i'd say jon chu's worlds record. two championships, has made day 3 every time he's been to worlds except one year where he was dqed for a decklist error when he was (i believe) 7-0
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

WiseMarsellus

Post by WiseMarsellus »

or perhaps brian hunter's four and a half years (or however long it was) ranked as number one in the world, also very impressive
tom kelly
Image Image Image Image
check out my youtube page for swccg video content, and my twitch for swccg live streams!

allstarz97
World Champion
World Champion

Post by allstarz97 »

WiseMarsellus wrote:greatest swccg achievement, i'd say jon chu's worlds record. two championships, has made day 3 every time he's been to worlds except one year where he was dqed for a decklist error when he was (i believe) 7-0
6-1, but yeah if you count that as one accomplishment then sure.
Singular event idk, I have a good one but its tough to compare things like that.

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Post by Hayes »

WiseMarsellus wrote:or perhaps brian hunter's four and a half years (or however long it was) ranked as number one in the world, also very impressive
Not hardly considering he left the state of Colorado maybe three times during that time period (whereas most other highly rated players actually attended GenCon, DecipherCon, etc)

Return to “2014 Match Play Championship - Jan 24-26”