Streaming for the event

New Brunswick, NJ
Hari Seldon
Booster Box
Booster Box

Re: Streaming for the event

Post by Hari Seldon »

Yeah, I echo everybody else, this was fantastic all weekend.

allstarz97 wrote:...and thematically, as everyone is referencing on this thread, why are people not mentioning the part where mace windu is crying like a little *, gets his hand cut off and then gets thrown out a window?

Gravityshadow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Gravityshadow »

Great coverage! The construction to hold the camera looked a bit odd but it was very effective. Resolution was mostly good and the commentary was diverse and hilarious.

I had a great Sunday night watching the final on my Ipad.

Well done PC!

Question: I don't have a Google+-account. Any chance to see/write comments without? Or was it on the SWCCG-Chat?

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

I think people were chatting on the PC site. The only people on Google + were the people doing commentary. Technically you can also leave YouTube comments but it's not very conducive to chatting
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Lot of fun going back and watching the commentary on my match against Cole. Especially the parts where people were confused about what was going on because of the camera (thinking Mercenary Pilot was Velken, etc.). Was cool to hear what people like Agnos and Justin would've done if they were me in various situations and it's a good learning tool. I made plenty of mistakes, but there was one point where Justin blasted me over uploading the 3/2 site with my objective, against QMC. While I know that 99% of the time that's a pretty horrible play, in reality, my other options that turn were WMAOP x2 (Bridge already on table), ROTS x2, Image of the Dark Lord, and Lightsaber Deficiency, none of which are cards that really help in that matchup, so it seemed like getting the 0 out of the deck was the best play. I'm curious if Justin sees this if he'd agree, given that information, of if he still thinks I should've played something else.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

spideyguy0 wrote:Lot of fun going back and watching the commentary on my match against Cole. Especially the parts where people were confused about what was going on because of the camera (thinking Mercenary Pilot was Velken, etc.). Was cool to hear what people like Agnos and Justin would've done if they were me in various situations and it's a good learning tool. I made plenty of mistakes, but there was one point where Justin blasted me over uploading the 3/2 site with my objective, against QMC. While I know that 99% of the time that's a pretty horrible play, in reality, my other options that turn were WMAOP x2 (Bridge already on table), ROTS x2, Image of the Dark Lord, and Lightsaber Deficiency, none of which are cards that really help in that matchup, so it seemed like getting the 0 out of the deck was the best play. I'm curious if Justin sees this if he'd agree, given that information, of if he still thinks I should've played something else.
What video stream and commentary are you referring to? Were Agnos and Justin (Desai?) commentating remotely somehow?
Check out ShanCast, my SWCCG podcast! Past episodes can be found at www.spreaker.com/user/shancast, or via the Spreaker app (search for #SWCCG).

ImageImageImage
3MW0J8 wrote:If DBO comes back again I swear I will quit for good.
DDM wrote:All hail Kevin Shannon!! :rimshot
3MW0J8 wrote:holy balls KSBOOTMFY
Schele wrote:I guess you're not as bad as I thought you were.

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Post by imrahil327 »

Yeah, during Day 1 they were in the google hangout commenting on the games for parts of it.
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

sjacree
GEMP Username: Plagueis

Post by sjacree »

I kept wanting to mouse over the cards to get an exploded view. Then I realized it wasn't holotable.
-Seth Acree, Compiler of Legacy Flex Cube, designer of Seth's Virtual Expansion, creator of Death March (legacy) and BHBM Skulls decktypes, Breaker of Dark Waters combo (legacy), former-CBT Member, former-Design team, best player in West Africa and...
Image Image
Throdo wrote:You're the most creative deckbuilder I know.

kcaton
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by kcaton »

Is the Jan/Shewski commentary recorded anywhere, to be later wedded to the video for a complete production somewhere? I had a couple of people asking.

AnakinSolo
Retired Advocate

Post by AnakinSolo »

it is a part of the video.
Well, Bye.

kcaton

Post by kcaton »

Excellent, thanks! I didn't get to see any of it so I wasn't sure.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

I should do commentary when I am digging cards out from storage.

@swccg
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Shewski
Retired Advocate

Post by Shewski »

kcaton wrote:Is the Jan/Shewski commentary recorded anywhere, to be later wedded to the video for a complete production somewhere? I had a couple of people asking.
26 viewers! !!!! A New broadcast record? ??
Mike Tomashewski

Return to “2014 Match Play Championship - Jan 24-26”