impact of 9.1 on the meta

New Brunswick, NJ
JediJer
Administrator

impact of 9.1 on the meta

Post by JediJer »

Did 9.1 have an impact or not so much? Was there just not enough time from when the master list was posted to properly test decks or are there simply still just better options available?

dorshe1
Holotable username: dorshe1
GEMP Username: dorshe1

Re: impact of 9.1 on the meta

Post by dorshe1 »

JediJer wrote:Did 9.1 have an impact or not so much? Was there just not enough time from when the master list was posted to properly test decks or are there simply still just better options available?
I know that Jarad and Keith played 9.1 decks on both sides. I believe their LS decks did pretty well, but their DS decks did not fare so well. They can hop on and give specifics.

I didn't see any new stuff myself though.

Thanks!

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

JediJer wrote:Did 9.1 have an impact or not so much? Was there just not enough time from when the master list was posted to properly test decks or are there simply still just better options available?
9.1 had some impact. Dooku was definitely in the majority, if not all, of the dark mains decks...in some cases, just taking the place of Greivas. Matt Schmaltz (I think it was Schmaltz...sorry if I'm wrong) used both Dooku and Greivas in his ASM deck that set up extremely quick and was dealing damage before you could bat an eye.

The Twiggs played the new objectives in the team tournament. I do recall Chris saying that it really wasn't that good, but they wanted to try them out. I also heard that Keith was playing them in the main event...not sure how they performed though.

I thought we had plenty of time to test the set after the master list came out, but the old options were still the way to go. If anything, what 9.1 did (so far)was just make our current decks better.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

saw jaina solo in plenty of decks

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

but yeah, jarad and i played an AT-RT deck for LS that did pretty well, won all of its games for me over the weekend, not counting the game 2 against aglets i scooped cause i lost the first game by 30 something and wasn't getting close to blowing him out by more.

the DS was a Rally deck as a mains platform. it looked a lot better on paper when we threw it together a week ago, but fell pretty hard to LS mains, which is what i ran into in the main bracket and consolation bracket both. the beatdown potential after you flip is pretty strong, but it's a little slow to get there. all the bd and power bonuses are pretty sick, but mains that set up quick and tank a site with a hand of battle tricks make it pretty hard to disrupt. think it still has potential, we just didn't test enough with it.

besides shewski's muunilinst tanks deck, i didn't see any other 9.1 objectives for either side on sat/sun. i think people just haven't toyed with the cards enough yet.

Gergall

Post by Gergall »

darkjediknight11 wrote:saw jaina solo in plenty of decks
Jaina seems really solid, like you'd always be able to find a use for her in ground or in space. One more nail in the coffin for Zuckuss In Mist Hunter. He's had a good run.
Greg Zinn

stevetotheizz0

Post by stevetotheizz0 »

I had built a WHAP deck just for fun to try out Anakin, his ship, and the new characters in the team tourney. I'll post a decklist in the decks section.

I added General Cracken in my rebel senate deck and thought he was really good in helping get some overflow against Galen.

I saw Dooku in a bunch of ASM decks over the weekend and played him in the Spice Mains deck I used. He's pretty dark good.

Also I saw Foul in the QMC decks from team Shanada.

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

I was running Dooku in ASM. He's really good in that deck. Lots of people running Anakin, especially in WHAP and Communing, where in the latter you combo him with Padme, and now you're dealing 4 Padme damage. Also, Jaina is just stupid good in WYS (V), as if WYS (V) needed another busted character.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Return to “2014 Match Play Championship - Jan 24-26”