How to make it better?

New Brunswick, NJ
imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Re: How to make it better?

Post by imrahil327 »

Yours was more eloquent.

Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

imrahil327 wrote:Yours was more eloquent.
Mods please ban this guy for calling me whatever that word means.
Check out ShanCast, my SWCCG podcast! Past episodes can be found at www.spreaker.com/user/shancast, or via the Spreaker app (search for #SWCCG).

ImageImageImage
3MW0J8 wrote:If DBO comes back again I swear I will quit for good.
DDM wrote:All hail Kevin Shannon!! :rimshot
3MW0J8 wrote:holy balls KSBOOTMFY
Schele wrote:I guess you're not as bad as I thought you were.

kcaton
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by kcaton »

Kevbozzz wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:Yours was more eloquent.
Mods please ban this guy for calling me whatever that word means.
I can't believe he kisses his mother with that mouth.

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

I was willing to do commentary from the table, but there wasn't a headset available for me. It would have been good if I could listen to the commentary and they could ask me to chime in with info from the table they couldn't see over the cam.
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

Pistone84

Post by Pistone84 »

Advocate wrote:I did table markers at RamapoCon and I think it helped.

@swccg
Table markers are fantastic. They've been crucial for all of the large magic events I've been to.

Shewski
Retired Advocate

Post by Shewski »

Advocate wrote:Kevin,

I know the event was amazing, don't worry. I am just striving for perfection.

I am going to work on the video stand.and seeing if it can be widened. I might look at options for table.markers Kim and see what would stay put.

@swccg

One thing Jan and I were discussing would be for the streaming game to have "marks" for their chairs (ie in theatre). Due to where Kevin was sitting, we could naturally see his hand, but MHT was sitting a little further back and we couldn't see what he had in store.
Mike Tomashewski

dewaddict6

Post by dewaddict6 »

dorshe1 wrote: Make the participants wear google glasses on separate feeds. Then you can see what each of them is seeing in real time :-D

Thanks!
or go pro cams.
Last edited by dewaddict6 on January 29th, 2014, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

JarJarDrinks

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Maybe to make things easier on keeping time for 30+ games @ once, use a mini timer for each game. Then players can easily stop the clock for rules or other stuff. Plus there'd never be any issue w/ not realizing that you're almost out of time and playing differently than how you would have.

something like this would work and is pretty cheap.
dx_37 wrote:
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 pm
I would be all for a reset if I get to be on the reset team
"Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking."
- Bill Maher

"How you play the game is important. But for me, it's about if you win or lose."
- Derek Jeter

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

If you can't widen the camera prop contraption, it could at least be spray-painted black. Then you could have silver sharpies and let players sign all over the daggum thing.

Speaking of being able to see players' hands on camera - I thought it was awesome when Kevin held his hand up to the camera during one game

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

stimpy wrote:If you can't widen the camera prop contraption, it could at least be spray-painted black. Then you could have silver sharpies and let players sign all over the daggum thing.

Speaking of being able to see players' hands on camera - I thought it was awesome when Kevin held his hand up to the camera during one game
That actually worked? I couldn't really tell from where I was what people could see.
Check out ShanCast, my SWCCG podcast! Past episodes can be found at www.spreaker.com/user/shancast, or via the Spreaker app (search for #SWCCG).

ImageImageImage

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Kevbozzz wrote:
stimpy wrote:If you can't widen the camera prop contraption, it could at least be spray-painted black. Then you could have silver sharpies and let players sign all over the daggum thing.

That actually worked? I couldn't really tell from where I was what people could see.
There was some glare on the sleeves, so it was hard to see. It's the thought that counts

gogolen
Holotable username: gogolen
GEMP Username: gogolen

Post by gogolen »

There has been some good feedback in here so far, so thank you for those that took this thread seriously and aren't trolls.

I am glad to hear that people had a great time last weekend and if we keep the same hotel next year we will definitely do better with regards to delivery menus. That is always on my to-do list before the event but it is one of the things that doesn't happen, and the turnover of restaurants in New Brunswick is fairly high from year to year so saving takeout menus isn't reliable.

Anyone notice that Qdoba not only went out of business since last year but is already being remodeled into a burger place opening in a few weeks? Or the restaurant on the corner on Albany St(not Old Bay, they have been there for 20 years- the other corner) was renamed again (that's at least the 5th restaurant in that location since I graduated in 2003).

PC Store Manager
Kevbozzz wrote:I agree 100% with Gogolen's responses.
Now streaming games on Youtube & Twitch- please subscribe to my channels- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjqwgj ... Xu5T9vp4AQ
Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/gogolen

NEW & RETURNING PLAYER ARTICLES- https://forum.starwarsccg.org/viewt ... 32&t=50486

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

agnos wrote: Plus, [the commentators] being so wrong so often (especially re: Ellors being shut off, just continued to frustrate me.
Having listened to your input on my game w/Harpster, all I can say is: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

3MW0J8 wrote:
agnos wrote: Plus, [the commentators] being so wrong so often (especially re: Ellors being shut off, just continued to frustrate me.
Having listened to your input on my game w/Harpster, all I can say is: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh man now I wanna hear this. Is it part of the massive 6 hour YouTube post?

ImageImageImage

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

Kevbozzz wrote:
3MW0J8 wrote:
Oh man now I wanna hear this. Is it part of the massive 6 hour YouTube post?
Basically, it was about how Harpsters dark was a bad matchup for Reids TIGIH in their FIRST GAME of the match.....Harpster scooped the match 2 turns later. :shock:

3MW0J8

Post by 3MW0J8 »

It wasn't just that. It was his absurd suggestion that Harpster should have gone down to the Endor DB turn 1 w/the Gemp; he even asked Harpster why he didn't do that in the post-game interview ... I'm like, idk, cuz that's retarded?? You wanna delay your whole deck a turn to give me a free direct damage of 2, great!

Speaking of scooping tho. I was a little shocked you scooped so readily against me in the Consol Clay.
Brad Eier wrote:build better decks, play better cards, etc.
Advocate wrote:I would reply, but the site is down.
didn't choose the thug life..
Spoiler
Show
the thug life chose me

ImageImage

Kevbozzz
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Kevbozzz »

Reid is just too damn intimidating.

ImageImageImage

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

3MW0J8 wrote:It wasn't just that. It was his absurd suggestion that Harpster should have gone down to the Endor DB turn 1 w/the Gemp; he even asked Harpster why he didn't do that in the post-game interview ... I'm like, idk, cuz that's retarded?? You wanna delay your whole deck a turn to give me a free direct damage of 2, great!

Speaking of scooping tho. I was a little shocked you scooped so readily against me in the Consol Clay.
You had already gotten rid of every admiral and general in my deck. Flipping my objective to slow you down just wasn't going to happen. Even if I were able to somehow pull that off....I get Harpstered. At the point of the scoop, I was already down by 15ish and playing any further just would have delayed the inevitable. (Remember, I did call the Nebrun in your hand) My Rops doesn't have the ability to come back from margins like that. So, like I told you at the table....Why waste your time when I could scoop and we would have time to get some grub.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

Any other suggestions regarding anything?

@swccg
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

It's already been brought up about not switching decks for the top 4. Keeping the same decks would make it a true Match Play Championship. Kevin and I talked about this during our * cab ride to the airport. If the top 4 had played the same decks, I think that Stephen Cellucci probably would have won. That light deck of his was perfect to help him run the table.

Just thinking out loud here for a sec. Wouldn't the MPC make more sense during the warmer months? I know there were numerous flights delayed coming home from the event. I know that Kevin and Kyle both got delayed and re-routed. The fact that it was so cold made it so that us "out of towners" really only ventured a few blocks away from the hotel at most.

I dunno....possibly switch the dates of the SDGP with the MCP? Winter in San Diego is still 60-70 degrees, just with some added rain.

Return to “2014 Match Play Championship - Jan 24-26”