New Brunswick, NJ
Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: Harpster
GEMP Username: Sharpy

Ask and u shall receive Harpsters TR

Post by Harpster »

Ok this is Part 1 of 2, sorry guys just got done watching the video between me and Reid, and yeah totally killed my desire to continue anything for the evening so I'm going to go play cards and here's Part 1 Enjoy

Disclaimer I'm not a English Major so don't get excited about punctuation or grammar!

My Long awaited TR- MPC
Chapter 1- Planning for Reid Smith(Aka) Playtesting
Chapter2- Basketball game gone really bad!(Ala) DLOTS does exist
Chapter3-I hate the East Coast- Newark Airport traveling accommodations hate me too!
Chapter4- Team Tournament
Chapter5-Day 1 MPC
Chapter 6-Saturday Night Highlights (Yak > Goose)
Chapter 7-Sunday Morning (Rise of the Dark Lord) Please Wake the * up!
Chapter 8-Sunday Night Shenanigans
Chapter 9-The Trip back to Endor
Chapter 10- Props/Slops

Chapter 1- Planning for Reid (Aka) Playtesting
Ok first I'd like to start this out by saying I knew I was going to be playing Reid for a chance to play MHT. I mean no offense to anyone in any of those two's bracket but let's be honest I was right. With that said I had been playing with a IITFYS(v) deck that started the Home one war room (essentially Wirfs light side deck) minus a few cards here and there. His LS deck is 125/125 on the Day 1 MPC PDF. This deck didn't really beat Reids Spice deck. I pretty much put Reid on the decks that he played I knew he was going to play Spice mains no doubt, for LS I was a little unsure but put him on Tigih so I was right on point there as well. For his DS I was sure he was going to play Dooku because thats exactly what I would do with Spice Mains right now and I love that deck as well. In playtesting I quickly realized that the IITFYS deck I had built couldn't beat Spice Mains due to the fact I couldn't do consistent damage to win, and winning space could only do so much against that deck. That was the main reason I swapped to the 2/2 deck for light, with 2/2 it seemed that I didn't have to go to space inorder to win that matchup, with the consistent drains from Yoda at Coruscant and going hard with mains to Kessel it seemed to be able to beat Spice Mains, or at least have a better edge against it. Dark was a little easier for me to choose because I couldn't play my favorite deck ROPS because if you tech for it, I have to push a bus up a hill and I am tired of trying to do that. My other deck of choice is Spice Mains and seeing how I was going to be playing Reid I wanted to take away from the unending feeling of playing spice or against spice. I chose IG-88 after a few convincing talks from Kyle. TYPICALLY Ig-88 beats Tigih. I'll say that again TYPICALLY Ig-88 beats Tigih. Not to mention with the addition of Dooku the deck fairs alot better against TRM( The offensive use of force lighting with dooku being able to deploy regardless of who is at the Carbon Chamber is the reason for the Help with the matchup for those that don't know. I playtested allot with Chris Wirfs because that's who I playtest with since ANelson has left the building!!!
To sum Chapter 1 up I felt pretty confident with my matchups against Reid's DS and felt pretty good against what Reid has typically chosen for LS.

Chapter2- Basketball game gone really bad!(Ala) DLOTS does exist
So I had my flight booked leaving Thursday Afternoon from Seattle to Newark departing at 3pm. I recently joined a exhibition basketball team that a few of the office staff from the company I work for as a Journeyman Carpenter put together. Pretty much its a bunch of paper pushers trying to lose some weight or relive whatever glory days they might of had playing Ball back... way back in the day. To be nice about it they all really suck at basketball. Anyway I got recruited from another Journeyman on my job-site who knew I liked to play ball every now and then and got me interested in the idea. I would however like to point out that in high school I was really small so I never played for any team or affiliation. Pretty much I am a street baller and played a bunch outside when I was a kid and then in gyms as I lived on the East Coast during my military days. Our team played our Games every Wenseday Nights after work and we started getting together Saturday mornings for practice, which was the highlight of the fun I had while being on the team because during practice I would bring people in that weren't on the team in order to make it a little more competitive.
Our Team Consisted of;
Vinny- Team Captain/ Our Supply/Ordering Manager?! Best guess at his Job Title
Jacob- Company Delivery Driver
Mike- Regional Project Manger (HNIC)
Carl- Project Manager
Nate- Project Estimator
Chris- Estimator
John Doe(Can't remember his name and don't care too) Jacob's Cousin I think
Scott- * who convinced me to play with this team
Me- I'm supposed to be the Center to just rebounds the ball every time and selflessly gives the ball back to one of the previously listed names who are worthless Point Guards.
I think there might be a few people more on the team or less I don't know its irrelevant at this time but that's as close as I can get so yeah!.
Wed 22, 2014
I arrive a hour before the game as usual to try and get in to the swing of things, as it turns out when you hang sheetrock for a living the idea of being accurate while playing basketball moments after a full day of work is a daunting task to say the least. The start of this game is with me chilling on the bench and to be honest that is awesome to me because I'm tired anyway. I have my daughter with me because my wife goes to school at night during the week. My daughter on any given Sunday is one of if not the most respectful and assertive 6 yr olds you will ever meet. On this night though she was not on her best behavior. I packed her a little snack pack consisting of Carrots and celery I believe with a thing of Gatorade just to tie her over for the Hour long game before we get to eat dinner. She usually sits on the bleachers behind me so I don't really have to worry where she is or anything. Anywho the game starts out with the opposing team scoring the first 5 or so drives with no recourse. So by the time I hit the court the score is something around 18-6. I hop right in and start running back and forth trying to play heavy D and get some rebounds when I can while boxing their big guys out of the paint. I recall going up for a rebound at one point and coming down on someone's shoe and kind of tweaking my knee which right out of the gate pissed me off because If I get injured and don't work I don't get paid. So I walk off the court at some point and am trying to walk it off. My knee starts to feel a bit better but by this time Half time is about to start. The game consists of two 20Min half's. Anyways I am sitting on the bench waiting for the second half to start , stretching out my knee trying to make something feel normal again so I can feel good about going back out on the court and not further injuring myself, when all of the sudden one of MY team mates (Jacob) says to me "You need to quit being a *, go up and grab those rebounds not try and tip them out to us"! Wha??? What? I replied "You need to watch how you talk to me bro", He then said No, really you need to get those rebounds! I replied "you need to * watch how you talk to me" anyway he went on a few more times, to the point where I turned straight at him, stared right into his eyes and told Him "You need to shut the * up"! ....... He opened his mouth again and said something to the extent of What the * ever bro.... That did it... I snapped
I grabbed that kids throat with my left and before I knew it I had him pinned in-between the benches on the bleacher... I was squeezing his throat so hard I swear to god my fingers were touching each other on the backside of his throat and I could see the fear in his eyes I knew that he understood right then and there that he should have shut his god damn mouth.
I hear in the background because at this point everything is foggy as hell that I'm being asked to leave the establishment.... I'm being kicked out of a rec center :( Way to go STeve!
My daughter at this point is in tears because she sees her Dad out of control and in a freaking frenzy.
As I'm walking out of the door I'm telling Jacob because he's getting kicked out too at the same time he's telling me not to worry about my job because I no longer have one,,,, Wrong thing to say haus as we are both being ushered out the door. "Wait till we get out side * because If I don't have a job you don't have any * teeth" Yeah I was still on my (White Trash Horror Story Rampage) Anyways I'm outside and this guys is telling me he has a couple of bullets for me, so my daughter is freaking out and I'm going from Frenzy to Meticulously stalking this kid to his car.... Disclaimer- Don't tell someone that you're going to shoot them when its apparent they can kick your ass and your gun isn't in your hand. There was absolutely no way this kid is going to be allowed to open the car door that has the gun inside that he has stated he was going to shoot me with. With that said I'm not 2 feet behind this kid walking towards my Truck which conveniently is right next to his car. So he gets to his car and realizes amidst all of this chaos he had forgotten his kid in the Rec Center and utters some more * and runs towards the rec center in order to collect his kid.
Reality sets in and I realize I need to get the * out of this place, so I hop in my truck with my daughter and get the hell out of dodge.
Four minutes roll by and I start thinking about the fact that I could have in fact have lost my job, so I call the Big Boss the guy who's in charge of manpower for the company that I work for, that conversations goes like this.

Me: Hey Boss I really messed up tonight, I mean big time. I got into a physical altercation with Jacob.
Boss: Is he ok?
Me: Yeah I think so.
Boss: What happened
- Basically I caught him up to speed on everything that happened, exactly how it happened and totally owned up for everything that I did because I was ashamed of myself and for my actions. Which is true I am totally ashamed that I let that weasel get to me and I reacted like that, no matter what I hold myself to a higher standard than others so even if he was talking * I should have been the bigger man and just walked off, but that was not what happened on this night.
Anyways the gist of that conversation was me saying that I understood that Jacob was owed an apology but there needed to be some cool off time before that apology came into place. The altercation happened off the job site so the companies involvement was going to be scarce if at all. Two things I needed to make clear to this man in my eyes, was that I was owning up to what I did wrong and that I am %100 going to do whatever it takes in order for this to never happen again, I can't be looked at as a liability issue considering I want to move up with this company and Liability is a huge concern. I felt strongly on the first one but had to do a lot of follow through in order to sell the second point.
The rest of this night consisted of my canceling a play testing session with K Krueger and telling my wife what happened and shower/crap/nap.
- So the post on the forums was real, I don't care enough to post fake * if you guys want to be honest. That post can be found here: /viewt ... 09&t=53666

Chapter3-I hate the East Coast- Newark Airport traveling accommodations hate me too!
When it comes to traveling to Star Wars events the planning usually consists of me telling my wife to collaborate with Chris over the phone and me just saying random * in no particular order until the tickets get booked. This trip was no different when it came to arranging our flights. I was focused on one thing, I wanted a non-stop flight to Newark.
The day prior to our flight departure I got into the altercation at the basketball game (if you forgot it was the last * chapter) that night I called Chris and told him I didn't know if I was going to be arrested or detained or if I was going to make it. If I was going to make it his wife was supposed to pick me up on her way to picking him up from work to make our 3:45 flight. Turns out the cops never showed up, and I wasn't detained (Lookout Newark).
Seattle International Airport should be an example to all other airports on how to handle people in regards to customer service. Newark * sucks, they have allot of room for improvement. Step 1 was to kickoff our weekend trip with a drink from the airport lounge, Chris as I recall had a Super dark thick Porter that he ate. I had a tropical Mai-tai or some * like that. Basically Chris had bigger nuts than I when it comes to ordering Man Beverages. On the flight we started playing cards, basically how you do this is you lower down two adjoining tray tables and all those useless * magazines and instruction cards (If a plane goes down you die, but your going to look like a dumbass sucking your own ass because your head is in between your legs) - Magazine info, basically you use that useless paper to fill the void in-between the two tables, and we are gaming!!!!! Errrrrrr * we have to put them up to take off- Hindsight just wait until you take off then start gaming. The flight had good snack pack items super fancy cheese stuff- pawned that * off to Chris, while I ate * I could atleast pronounce. Also a little tip for you taller * the seats in front of the exit row seats dont recline, so dont book those ones. End rant, thanks Chris!!@!
Fast forward, we land in Newark, right out of the gates its cold, real cold when I left Seattle it was sunny, I repeat I left Seattle when it was sunny ! Why:? I don't know! After arriving in Neward we make our way down to the train station thing box, in the bottom with no * heat, waiting for the last departing train which Is the 1:45am Friday Morning train to New Brunswick, Tick Tock Tick Tock, Its 1:45..... No train...... So I start *, and this Arabic looking gentlemen takes the initiative to call customer service, yeah lol funny *, customer service has to call customer service to find out what is going on, so in the meantime there's was a train that had stopped on track 3, in the middle of tracks 2/4 literally we would have had to jump into the tracks and climb up onto the train in order to gain access to this train, the train said Trenton as well so we didn't think much of it at the time. The Arab dude lets give him a name, how about Bin Laden, sounds great anyway Bin Laden calls again because he's pissed now, and I'm sitting on a base board heater, because yeah that will heat the whole * room, so basically I get to burn my ass cheeks from sitting directly on the baseboard because we've been here for over an hour at this point and thats better than my nuts descending deep into my ass. So eventually I call the customer service person and give her some good 'ol what the * is going on, and she says a customer service representative would be down shortly to talk to us. Yeah right, after a few moments it wasn't fast enough for us so I'm headed back up the escalator to find six red coats huddled around a propane heater, who were so * clueless I almost forgot they actually worked for the train station. So basically our train was the train stopped on Track 3, they were all * astonished and were amazed because "thats never happened before"! *!!!! so now the next train arrives at 4:45 am.... Yeah Nope, I'm talking everyone into a giant Taxi Orgy, because I'd rather eat someone's *, than sit around and watch my IQ drop drastically along with my internal body temperature watching these degenerate redcoats huddle around the only heat source.
Taxi Cab Fair From Newark- to New Brunswick=$60
So we actually arrive to the hotel about 3:30am, and Chris has the best idea ever, tell the hotel to bring us a card table to our room, (yeah they have card tables *) So we get that service set up for the morning because no one wants to play me cards at 3:30 in the morning, Imagine Donald trump playing cards in the early morning, I'm going to argue about ever move,rule yadda yadda, so we get into the room, and Kyle is already there, so we act like we are going to go to sleep and keep waking up to say one last thing about decks or bla blah blah...... Long story short Seattle Airport =1 Newark = 0

Chapter4- Team Tournament
So we started friday morning off with Starbucks because we're from Seattle it's kind of what we do! We stocked up on supplies from Riteaid I believe and we hit up Subway because I think at this point its about Noonish? We go back and start talking decks, Joe shows up around 9:30 ish and joins right into the Deck Talking Shenanigans, Turns out Everyone is playing Iggy, with Kyle thinking about DS Senate. I'm convinced 2/2 is better for my Matchup so I go with 2/2, Chris plays Homeone WR IITFYS, and Joe likes my 2/2 Updated so he goes with that minus I think a card or two. Kyle plays Communing for LS with some crazy new cards, Like Anakin/ Jaina Solo stuff like that. These decks are for the MPC tournament so I got a little ahead of myself. We were working on this stuff leading up to the team tournament so thats why I bring it up now.
Team tournament decks
Team- Steve / Chris
Steve DS-Reids previous Spice Mains deck, as I've stated I knew who I was going to play, so I thought I might get some time with his deck to better prepare myself.
Chris LS- Scoundrels, I tried to talk him out of playing this * but he wouldn't listen to me. Lol as I type this Chris reminds me that I pillaged all the other decks and he really didn't have a choice so its my fault and I'm a *, but I'm in counseling so its all good! Moving FOrward
Kyle/ Joes team
I think Joe played Combat Racing and Kyle played DS Senate, * I have no idea its the team tournament who cares.

Match 1
Me/Chris =Team name like "Harpster is going to choke me out" or something to that effect ha ha nice touch Chris, as Kim announces it might be a little early for that joke, * ya think???/
VS Matt Sokol and His Partner Chris can't even remember your name, who's the * now Chris??? LOL
Anyways Spice Mains VS Restore Freedom= One boring ass matchup
He puts spies down and Projections both my sites, I'm digging for my Alter(v) and my Sniper combo, and I manage to pull off some cool Spice tricks to alter both the projections in one turn then follow it up with snipering his spy I think, but me and Matts game was pretty close I think 8 cards in Matt's favor but to be honest looking over at Chris's game where it was Scoundrel's vs Assasins he was getting crushed so I quit caring towards the end of the game and I think Matt could tell, anyway it was a stress free game because Matt is a class act and I love the opportunity to play against him, just wish we were playing a more interactive matchup.
Props- Matt for being a class act, and having a fun game despite my failed attempts at spicing cards and the non-interactive matchup.
Slops- Chris losing to Assassins, and playing scoundrel's but whatev its a team tournament.
Ok so the rest of this was a bit hazy to me because to be honest I didn't really care about the team tournament, I believe we went to a loser's bracket where we got matched up against Googlin and his partner playing LSC??
I can't recall really, I do know this Chris got his ass kicked by the Spice deck and I beat the LSC anyway blah blah blah its the team tournament that I don't care about, time to get rdy for the MAIN EVENT OF THE WEEKEND~!!!!
Sorry guys for my lack of detail on that last one, and no offense to my opponents or spelling of the names, Or lack thereof.

Chapter5-Day 1 MPC
The evening prior we get Kyle set on playing Iggy instead of DS Senate, those are really the only details of the evening, besides the usual bith shuffle to find V-slips and last minute cards (thanks B-fred for the sneak attack)
The morning of I am stoked, me and Chris wake up early and take turns showering (EACHOTHER) lol, and head downstairs to the epically overpriced hotel buffet with a side of eggs cooked to order. $20 is worth not having to walk outside at this point lol
Match1 Vs Nate Louderback
From Dorshe1 Thanks by the way this helps me sum things up
I'll be honest, I don't remember the match more than what I described in my tournament report. I remember that you went to Coruscant early and I couldn't clear you. I remember you pulling your levitation protection and I debated doing the same thing and you told me that I should do it so I did.

I never cleared you from the Coruscant site and we battled 3 times. You deflected targeting the first, I missed the 2nd, and I hit one of your characters the third time, but you had multiple characters at the site. In the first battle I dropped Vader + Maintenance Fett and drew fairly well with BD, but you had already played Savrip so I think you just lost one of your Jedi from hand.

I tried to battle you off MY interior site and had about the same success. I believe I went to space late and may have gotten in a drain or two (or you may have beat me up there too, but I don't recall).

In my opening hand I drew maintenance boba and realized that he had a v slip and shouldn't have and embarrassment on my side ensued.

You beat me by 22.

Then we flipped sides and you played CCT vs. my communing

You went to the CC site early with Iggy and the weapon that captures.

The only card I had in my hand to attack on turn 2 was Chewie and he would have been captured for sure and I didn't have a run, luke, run in my hand so I moved to set up my Home One package (which came out turn 3). I don't recall getting beat in space because I uploaded a lot of FF to the ship.

After that I remembered a lot of hit and run battles, but getting crushed with drains from Iggy's site and I didn't have the nerve to try and take the chamber. I do recall dropping Luke + Leia RP and moving instead of fighting to cancel drains. We did have an issue with me having an unreadable Chewie, protector (sorry) and I had a random card with a clear sleeve that you were kind enough to just pretend wasn't there.

We played it to the end, but I resigned when I got down to 18. You won with about 11-12 force left if I recall correctly.

Also for more info you can find more details if they aren't covered here by going here and picking thru things with a fine comb as you wish
/viewt ... 09&t=53708
My own thoughts, 2/2 > HD(v) and Iggy beats Communing so Win/Win

Game 2 Me VS Vikram
So basically I teched for Vikram by changing a card, I swapped Dagobah Cave to Death Star 2 Throne room because of the anti Revo text, he has played TRM revo and I don't like that crap so I swapped a card for you buddy ;p
Again Copy/Pasted from my opponent
Our games in a nutshell -

Game 1- I start crush over conduct your search like a dope. You get speak for the JCC + Yoda first turn. I can't do anything first turn, so I draw and maybe put out a site? You get Mace out 2nd turn and I end up in a bit of a hole. I think I eventually put Vader on Endor and Maul at the nightclub, but I couldn't really make a dent. You won by 15. I think this game took 30 minutes, Visage is a hell of a drug.

Game 2- You get Iggy/Gemmeperor set up fast, while I dig for activation. You just drain 3 all game; I eventually set up 2 systems and the Audience Chamber w/ a Padme ping, but can't make up the 15. I think I win by ~6, but it was clear pretty early that I wasn't going to get to 15.

My thoughts- 2/2 Beats HD non V too ;p and Iggy vs TRM is winnable now because of dooku but not sure I relied on that in this game.

Game 3 Me VS Reid Smith I knew it was going to come down to this, and I was psyched because matchups were in my favor....
Disclaimer, Reid shuffled I cut, so there was absolutely no foul play from Reid and I want to absolutely make that clear here. Reid is like my Krueger to Baroni, He is my * Kryptonite. Some history between us, back in 2007 Yavin 4 Regionals I believe, I played against him, again matchup in my favor, but then my playskill was just not up to par, My Bespin CR(v) VS His Underwater Revo deck, he wins, how I have no * clue, the guy is good at Cards and has been allot longer than me so like I said he is my * Kryptonite.
Game 1 His Tigih vs Iggy
Basically I have tried to forget what has happened in this game but it comes down to this..... Nope just watch the video and see for yourself, I dont like reliving horror stories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQMrgaGlwBY&hd=1
Irony in the whole thing, Reids own card could have helped stop all that *.
*Where Are You Taking This ... Thing? (5) Dark Effect - Immediate [U1] Text: If opponent just drew destiny for Nabrun Leids (or removed a just-lost character from Lost Pile), deploy on table and stack that card here face down. Elis Helrot and Nabrun Leids are canceled. Opponent may use 2 force to place card stacked here in Used Pile. [Immune to Control]
As you can see He wins so handedly that I scoop, there is no point in playing the second matchup, I can win but not even close to what this game was going to come out to, so Grats Reid on steamrolling over me.
You lucky Mother *!!! I had to vent one time bout that Moving Along its time to get my drink on.
Side Note= Whatever people said I should have done, yadda yadda yadda * blow me, you weren't there and that wouldn't have won me the game so there it is I don't care, that doesn't happen 9 times out of 10 and the sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then, * IGGY.

Ok Half Way Point-
I had to post something by friday so Until the next installment.......
Last edited by Harpster on February 8th, 2014, 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hayes
LS Region: Kashyyyk

Re: Ask and u shall receive Harpsters TR

Post by Hayes »

Awesome so far. I miss TRs like this
Last edited by Hayes on February 8th, 2014, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abanger0
Booster Box
Booster Box
Holotable username: abanger
GEMP Username: abanger

Post by abanger0 »

Harpster wrote:Cant rush this so I need help for accuracy purposes and videos from Jan, barry
I knew this day would come.

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

Bro if u say no Ill hold off on that sec vid
Ur call

Hayes

Post by Hayes »

Harpster wrote:Bro if u say no Ill hold off on that sec vid
Ur call
Who is peeing on what? Vise versa?

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Hayes wrote:
Ur call
So much better than that
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Clayton Atkin
Enhanced Product
Enhanced Product

Post by Clayton Atkin »

spideyguy0 wrote:
Hayes wrote:
Ur call
So much better than that
Sooooooo much better. I had to watch it twice just for the fun stuff I missed the first time through it.
DVD ROTS wrote:EPP Drunk Kyle with 1/3-full Bottle of Vodka leads one to draw certain conclusions, though.

abanger0
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by abanger0 »

Ur call
I deserve it for getting that *. Here's the preview:

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

abanger0 wrote:
Ur call

I don't know if you remember but after throwing hundreds at me challenging me to match play for cash you tried to fight me. All things considering I'd say you got off pretty easy that night.

abanger0
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by abanger0 »

Steviegets112 wrote:
abanger0 wrote:
Ur call

I don't know if you remember but after throwing hundreds at me challenging me to match play for cash you tried to fight me. All things considering I'd say you got off pretty easy that night.
Please you became emaciated after the holidays.

Steviegets112
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Steviegets112 »

I became a lot of things after the holidays, emaciated being one of them even still you would never win in either of the above scenarios even if if your life depended on it

abanger0
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by abanger0 »

Steviegets112 wrote:I became a lot of things after the holidays, emaciated being one of them even still you would never win in either of the above scenarios even if if your life depended on it
I hope you've brushed up on your wrestling since the last time you got your ass beat.

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

Don't wrestle guys named Steve it doesn't work out so well in the end!

I'm still working on the TR Its going great I still have 24hrs till my deadline!!!

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

Updated OP to show Part 1 of 2 of my TR.

Enjoy and I'd suggest taking of the language filter to enjoy me unfiltered!

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Awesome Part 1. Can't wait for Part 2.

About the CCT/TIGIH game... didn't Fett get barriered the turn that he moved away with Iggy? That should have been game a lot sooner, no?

Meto
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Meto »

Re: My decks/team tournament

I was planning on running a standard Communing deck because the list I got from Hayes was pretty much untested and we'd decided to shelve it for the moment. I decided to run it in the team tournament and totally loved it, so I tweaked it a bit and ran Communing with 3x Anakin, 3x Luke, SitF, 2x Padme...basically like nobody that can actually be Communed. Saying, "Lose 4 to Padme," was pretty sexy.
"I was blackout drunk and shot Hunter."

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Meto wrote:Re: My decks/team tournament

I was planning on running a standard Communing deck because the list I got from Hayes was pretty much untested and we'd decided to shelve it for the moment. I decided to run it in the team tournament and totally loved it, so I tweaked it a bit and ran Communing with 3x Anakin, 3x Luke, SitF, 2x Padme...basically like nobody that can actually be Communed. Saying, "Lose 4 to Padme," was pretty sexy.
I played something similar. It's sexy until someone deploys oom9 or 2 propagandas.

Hayes

Post by Hayes »

quickdraw3457 wrote:

I played something similar. It's sexy until someone deploys oom9 or 2 propagandas.
Oom 9 is killable. No dark decks run 2 propaganda. The deck does have a control TV. But this is all moot, since the deck is really not focused on that damage as it's victory condition.

quickdraw3457

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Hayes wrote:
quickdraw3457 wrote:

Oom 9 is killable. No dark decks run 2 propaganda. The deck does have a control TV. But this is all moot, since the deck is really not focused on that damage as it's victory condition.
I agree. I somehow faced numerous propagandas in my games, but still won more than I lost. Oom is annoying though, especially if he goes to space.

Harpster
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by Harpster »

Any feedback, comments, and or concerns???
I need motivation to finish Part 2!!

Return to “2014 Match Play Championship - Jan 24-26”