Thank you Raith

Toronto, ON
Canada
Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Thank you Raith

Post by Advocate »

He was forced to step up with running the event. I can't thank him enough.

@swccg

@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

imrahil327
Tournament Advocate

Re: Thank you Raith

Post by imrahil327 »

Agreed! You're awesome Raith :)
Hunter wrote:Sebulba's W-L record is like...Always and 1. Tebow's is nowhere near that percentage.
allstarz97, about M:TG wrote:I feel like Michael Jordan playing baseball.

darkjediknight11
Communications Advocate
GEMP Username: djk11

Post by darkjediknight11 »

x3

Stellar job

kcaton
LS Region: Coruscant

Post by kcaton »

I feel terrible I had to cancel at the last second, glad to know everything was in good hands! That's the Canadians for you... 8>

spideyguy0

Post by spideyguy0 »

Raith (and DJK) were incredible all weekend. Raith even functioned as a currency exchange.
Casey A. - New York, NY
Image Image

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan
LS Region: Alderaan

Post by Batmouse »

great job Raith. Thanks for keeping the fed going on top of everything else. Sorry my equipment kept dying otherwise I would have done some more commentary.
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

Thursday
DS Region: Kiffex
DS Region: Kiffex

Post by Thursday »

Mega-props to raith for an extremely well-run event! It was a lot of stuff for you and Keith to take on and you both did a great job.
Member of TBO
Team Canada

Aglets
Rules Advocate

Post by Aglets »

Awesome job Raith. Way to step up and knock it out of the park.
Rian Johnson wrote: I would be worried if everybody across the board was like "Yea, that was a good movie." It's much more exciting to me when you get a group of people who are coming up to you.....really really excited about it. And then there are other people who walk out literally saying that was the worst movie I've ever seen. Having those two extremes to me is the mark of the type of movie that I want to make.

BrenDerlin

Post by BrenDerlin »

Great job, raith!

Which my phone tried to autocorrect to arithmetic.
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!
Brad Eier wrote:i have no idea who matt thorton is, possibly the son of billy bob?

Shadow 14
Retired Advocate

Post by Shadow 14 »

I also want to thank Stephen and Keith for running an awesome event.
This was especially tough under the circumstances and for many reasons.
But you would never even notice that it was not planned by them from the beginning.

Again, thanks. A very professional and well run event.

Also props for Paul for driving us around. And to raith, Tom and Vik for too many drinks. ;)
My drive to the business appointment today was really hell.
2 hours sleep and probably stinking like a gas station. OMG.
Chris (Euro Emperor) Menzel
Hannover - Germany

Image Image

Gravityshadow
World Champion
World Champion

Post by Gravityshadow »

What Chris said!

And also:
image.jpg
image.jpg (619.01 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (619.01 KiB) Viewed 2025 times

aeneas23
LS Region: Dantooine

Post by aeneas23 »

Shadow 14 wrote:I also want to thank Stephen and Keith for running an awesome event.
This was especially tough under the circumstances and for many reasons.
But you would never even notice that it was not planned by them from the beginning.

Again, thanks. A very professional and well run event.

Also props for Paul for driving us around. And to raith, Tom and Vik for too many drinks. ;)
My drive to the business appointment today was really hell.
2 hours sleep and probably stinking like a gas station. OMG.
I agree Stephen was great, especially putting up with our drunken complaining about how the Reset was handled. He is quite an asset to the PC.

I am disappointed with how SWCCG went for me last weekend, but Toronto Worlds was EASILY the most non-swccg fun I've had at an event.

raith
Retired Advocate

Post by raith »

Thanks guys. It's the biggest compliment that you couldn't even tell that i was making things up as I went along. I guess only Keith and Greg knew how much panic I was in the whole weekend.

I especially want to thank Paul Bansal for hosting Thursday night and Friday morning while I was working, for Keith for being my #2 all weekend and running the side event mostly, and to Greg/Vikram for being my go to guys and helping out whenever I needed it. Thanks to Alex O'Shea for being my sanity post for most of the weekend, and the rest of the Toronto crew for having a strong showing and at least holding up our end of attendance, despite some missing people. And thanks to the online team, Anthony Howard for casting a lot of the weekend, and Mark VanDriel for stepping up on Sunday to cast most of the top 8.

And most of all thanks for everyone who attended, in spite of the meta changes and uncertainty, for being absolutely the coolest people all weekend. I am really glad everyone had a good time and I enjoyed hanging out with everyone. If it looked like I was wandering around all weekend, it was because I wanted to hang out with all of you and just could not decide on who to hang around!

Peter-Let-The-Wookie-Win
Reflections Pack
Reflections Pack

Post by Peter-Let-The-Wookie-Win »

Thanks a million Steven well run event
Merci beaucoup mon ami
You to Paul and mr Keith
Pierre
aka Bringhimb4me
[img]C:/Users/pierre/Desktop/Waldorf-LS.gif[/img]

DVD ROTS

Post by DVD ROTS »

You did serious work this weekend, Stephen. I'm impressed, and grateful.

Also, I have no recollection of that picture being taken.
Kevbozzz wrote:When you're crushing Hyperdrive with BHBM, Booker doesn't come rappelling through your kitchen window demanding that you play real decks.

stealtheblind
GEMP Username: shaw67193

Post by stealtheblind »

Fantastic job by Raith for a well-run tournament ("wtf, Stephen, a second food break?!" "yeah guys, the LCBOs are about to close" "oh, nice job!"), and being a beast with regard to the gaming article and keeping the stream going (I heard there were so many new viewers that it crashed a few times). However, he does lose a few points for sending Vik and me on the mission destined to fail and for delivering Emil and me to the wrong airport terminal Monday evening.

Also, an honourable mention to Paul for helping on Friday and delivering Tim Horton's at various points throughout the tournament, including a personal touch for me during Day 3. ;)
Gregory Shaw

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

stealtheblind wrote:Fantastic job by Raith for a well-run tournament ("wtf, Stephen, a second food break?!" "yeah guys, the LCBOs are about to close" "oh, nice job!"), and being a beast with regard to the gaming article and keeping the stream going (I heard there were so many new viewers that it crashed a few times). However, he does lose a few points for sending Vik and me on the mission destined to fail and for delivering Emil and me to the wrong airport terminal Monday evening.

Also, an honourable mention to Paul for helping on Friday and delivering Tim Horton's at various points throughout the tournament, including a personal touch for me during Day 3. ;)
Did you get a Max Rebo in your breakfast sandwich?
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

raith
Retired Advocate

Post by raith »

stealtheblind wrote:Fantastic job by Raith for a well-run tournament ("wtf, Stephen, a second food break?!" "yeah guys, the LCBOs are about to close" "oh, nice job!"), and being a beast with regard to the gaming article and keeping the stream going (I heard there were so many new viewers that it crashed a few times). However, he does lose a few points for sending Vik and me on the mission destined to fail and for delivering Emil and me to the wrong airport terminal Monday evening.

I brought you to the right terminal. It was the airlines that were wrong!

Blarg
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Post by Blarg »

Great job running everything!

aeneas23

Post by aeneas23 »

For those not in attendance ... the mission destined to fail was a car trip to an alleged place to buy wine , which is apparently all you could get in Toronto at that time of day on Sunday. Why wine, but not beer or liquor? Maybe it is some sort of Canadian secret ... like the location of said wine store.

In any event, I'm pretty sure the mission destined to fail was the decisive factor in the excessive amount of drinking I did that night. Greg and Vik were very vocal about REALLY needing a drink by the time they gave up finding the store, which for some unknown reason tipped the scales for me in ordering a whole bottle of wine with my meal. I hadn't even planned on really drinking that night (given the copious amounts of bear I had the previous night).

Any way, by the time I was done with the entire bottle of wine ... going to a bar for more beer (and eventually shots) seemed like a great idea!

Given how much fun I had, I would ultimately say I'm glad the mission failed although I assure you I DID NOT feel the same way Monday morning when I left for the airport hung over on 3 hours of sleep.

Return to “World Championships 2014 - Aug 21-24”