QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post Reply
DanZZZ
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 61
Joined: July 18th, 2014, 6:33 am

QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by DanZZZ »

I'd love to see quickdraw reworked so it wasn't as good as it was. Even loose 2 force apart her than one would be good. I'd also love to see Gunrunner back for just character weapons. It might be better if they didn't work together, but let gunrunner target any character weapon?

Two cards one post - please don't shoot me!



User avatar
voxaroth
Member
Posts: 528
Joined: July 27th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by voxaroth »

I agree with Quick Draw and Gift Of The Master: I think there needs to be a greater cost than just "lose 1 force to deploy a character weapon from the Lost Pile", because that's more of an exchange than a cost. Players always discarded weapons whenever possible, knowing they could exchange a card from hand later to get it back at a more opportune time. I never liked this aspect of those cards in an already potent mains-type deck.

As for Rebel Gunrunner and Imperial Stockpile: I'd like to see these limited to character weapons and blasters. I always disliked seeing space weapons, neural inhibitors, bowcasters, etc on these cards when the intention (I felt) was to provide standard arms to "any character" situations. This limits them to blasters and character weapons only. I'm probably pretty far on the extreme for not liking these cards much the way they used to function, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt.

abanger0
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1128
Joined: September 9th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Holotable username: abanger
GEMP Username: abanger

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by abanger0 »

voxaroth wrote:As for Rebel Gunrunner and Imperial Stockpile: I'd like to see these limited to character weapons and blasters. I always disliked seeing space weapons, neural inhibitors, bowcasters, etc on these cards when the intention (I felt) was to provide standard arms to "any character" situations. This limits them to blasters and character weapons only. I'm probably pretty far on the extreme for not liking these cards much the way they used to function, so take this suggestion with a grain of salt.
I think the purpose of these cards should be to normalize the power level between lightsaber/permanent and non-lightsaber/permanent weapons. So they should work w/ all underpowered non-lightsaber weapons, character or otherwise.

User avatar
Emkay09
Member
Posts: 407
Joined: September 26th, 2011, 4:01 pm
Location: Dortmund, Germany

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by Emkay09 »

I like Quick Draw and Gift of the Master because it helps Mains much.

But I saw many discussions about the unlimited verifying of your deck, which some of you concerns. There fore I would suggest either put a "unless Sai'torr/Blaster Rack on table, \/ ..." in its game text or make a Quick Draw+Sai'torr / Gift/Blaster Rack Combo, maybe with some game text that have you use 1 force to deploy that matching weapon and still remain the lose 1 force for the lost pile.
Moritz Karge
-
Ralltiir Regionals 2015 runner-up
Ralltiir Regionals 2017 runner-up

abanger0
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1128
Joined: September 9th, 2011, 5:23 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Holotable username: abanger
GEMP Username: abanger

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by abanger0 »

Emkay09 wrote:I like Quick Draw and Gift of the Master because it helps Mains much.

But I saw many discussions about the unlimited verifying of your deck, which some of you concerns. There fore I would suggest either put a "unless Sai'torr/Blaster Rack on table, \/ ..." in its game text or make a Quick Draw+Sai'torr / Gift/Blaster Rack Combo, maybe with some game text that have you use 1 force to deploy that matching weapon and still remain the lose 1 force for the lost pile.
My version solves the verification trick.

User avatar
chriskelly
Design Advocate
Posts: 22238
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 2:13 pm
Location: New York

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by chriskelly »

I don't know. Just taking off its \/ Sai torr text would be a huge blow to it, making players dedicate 2 starting slots to it (and if you are willing to devote so much to weapons, you deserve to/probably need to get your weapons back).

If there was a lose 2 cost for lightsabers then I would think that should be on the same card as the one that pulls them from deck, so you just need one starting card (ie word it how rebel hero Luke was when getting his gun from deck or lost like).

User avatar
chriskelly
Design Advocate
Posts: 22238
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 2:13 pm
Location: New York

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by chriskelly »

Oh yeah, if they do that (put the \/ a lightsaber or lose force to fetch from lost pile on the same startable card) and don't name it "I Saw Your Lasersword," then the PC needs to give up on swccg.

DarthFelth
Anthology
Anthology
Posts: 769
Joined: April 14th, 2004, 9:44 pm
Location: Camden Town, uk

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by DarthFelth »

Could it not work as a starting effect, you may deploy say 10 shields and 5 unique weapons, when you deploy a unique character then you may deploy a matching weapon from the starting effect. When they leave the table they return under the starting effect.

It would probably bring them inline more with epps and stops the unlimited verifying of your deck.

Just a thought..

komitadji
DS Region: Tatooine
DS Region: Tatooine
Posts: 204
Joined: December 3rd, 2013, 5:43 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by komitadji »

Some people would argue that the ability to swing lightsabers at vehicles on Quick Draw (v) is at least as much of a problem as the other text. What do people think about that text?

User avatar
Shadow 13
Member
Posts: 16385
Joined: October 30th, 2002, 6:34 pm
GEMP Username: shadow13

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by Shadow 13 »

komitadji wrote:Some people would argue that the ability to swing lightsabers at vehicles on Quick Draw (v) is at least as much of a problem as the other text. What do people think about that text?
i think it's crap, personally. the text, not the argument
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

DanZZZ
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 61
Joined: July 18th, 2014, 6:33 am

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by DanZZZ »

I think the text is pretty week. I played At-st Walkers for AGES AND AGES - 3 years or so, at about 10 tourneys, and quite often people would try and hit with this text. Its really not very reliable. 8 defence is very high. I don't remember being hit at all. I do remember shooting Jedi with my little At-st guns though...

DanZZZ
Booster Pack
Booster Pack
Posts: 61
Joined: July 18th, 2014, 6:33 am

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner - lightsabres.

Post by DanZZZ »

I think putting a lightsabre on rebel gunner is very balanced. Not having access to your lightsabre for draining, out of combat clashing etc, duelling, is a very large cost. still I would love to have it. Is it too good? It was too good on Chewmuning...

komitadji
DS Region: Tatooine
DS Region: Tatooine
Posts: 204
Joined: December 3rd, 2013, 5:43 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: QuickDraw / rebel gunrunner

Post by komitadji »

See, I think adding the ability to hit vehicles with lightsabers is insane. Why add that functionality to weapons that, really, really, really, don't need the help?

Post Reply

Return to “On Deck Discussion”