Vader's Shuttle

Nitsuj
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold
Posts: 3012
Joined: October 30th, 2002, 1:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by Nitsuj »

aermet69 wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
stevetotheizz0 wrote:If this virtual card is being kept in the base set, can we move the gametext over to Vader's custom tie?

Tie fighters are cooler than shuttles.
1. It wouldn't be in the base set if it got moved to a different card,
2. A player creator has the rights to Vader's TIE, I believe.

Speaking of which. I believe that 'someone' has had the right to Vader's Custom TIE for a 'looooong' while. I mean, I've heard this as the reason it's never been made for as long as since the revolution if I recall correctly. Would be kind of nice if there was an expiration date on player cards, so they are not locked out and not made forever.
I can confirm this... I recall Meeker commenting that he originally wanted to virtualize the custom TIE but had to settle for the shuttle because someone had dibs on the custom TIE.


Justin Stratton, Northeast Ohio

Play SWCCG online at GEMP

User avatar
quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
Posts: 25913
Joined: September 3rd, 2003, 5:10 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Nitsuj wrote:
aermet69 wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
stevetotheizz0 wrote:If this virtual card is being kept in the base set, can we move the gametext over to Vader's custom tie?

Tie fighters are cooler than shuttles.
1. It wouldn't be in the base set if it got moved to a different card,
2. A player creator has the rights to Vader's TIE, I believe.

Speaking of which. I believe that 'someone' has had the right to Vader's Custom TIE for a 'looooong' while. I mean, I've heard this as the reason it's never been made for as long as since the revolution if I recall correctly. Would be kind of nice if there was an expiration date on player cards, so they are not locked out and not made forever.
I can confirm this... I recall Meeker commenting that he originally wanted to virtualize the custom TIE but had to settle for the shuttle because someone had dibs on the custom TIE.
Wow, if Nate Meeker was told someone had dibs, then somebody has had dibs for almost a decade now.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Image
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

User avatar
qasur
Member
Posts: 5326
Joined: February 25th, 2009, 11:33 pm
Location: Gulfport, MS

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by qasur »

Yeah I was told that about 5 years ago when I came back. At the time Vader's Shuttle v and pre-Revo Vader v were played a lot.

User avatar
Advocate
Advocate
Posts: 36478
Joined: October 29th, 2002, 5:18 pm
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ
GEMP Username: advocate

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by Advocate »

It's gotten silly at this point. I have no idea of that card is still going to be held anymore.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Image
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

User avatar
Cam Solusar
Member
Posts: 16871
Joined: November 23rd, 2002, 7:57 pm
Location: Sunny Southern California

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by Cam Solusar »

Who actually holds the design for that?
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

Remaker
Member
Posts: 1891
Joined: March 28th, 2008, 6:39 pm
Location: pittsburgh

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by Remaker »

Cam Solusar wrote:Who actually holds the design for that?
me.

User avatar
chriskelly
Design Advocate
Posts: 22199
Joined: January 28th, 2003, 2:13 pm
Location: New York

Vader's Shuttle

Post by chriskelly »

Coordinated Attack (or whatever that Special edition card of the TIE in the trench is) would be another choice for a base card if the TIE is not an option. But yeah, that text should go on his TIE, not his shuttle.

jcb213
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1990
Joined: January 14th, 2007, 5:35 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by jcb213 »

Indiana Jones Jedi Knight wrote:Coordinated Attack (or whatever that Special edition card of the TIE in the trench is) would be another choice for a base card if the TIE is not an option. But yeah, that text should go on his TIE, not his shuttle.
Except changing it to a TIE significantly weakens it since it has no additional pilot or passenger capacity. If people are worried about DS space being too weak post reset then the card should stay on the shuttle. It's really important to be able to put other characters on the ship.
James Barnes

User avatar
puck71
Member
Posts: 12897
Joined: February 17th, 2008, 8:59 pm
Location: St. Paul, MN
GEMP Username: puck71

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by puck71 »

jcb213 wrote:
Indiana Jones Jedi Knight wrote:Coordinated Attack (or whatever that Special edition card of the TIE in the trench is) would be another choice for a base card if the TIE is not an option. But yeah, that text should go on his TIE, not his shuttle.
Except changing it to a TIE significantly weakens it since it has no additional pilot or passenger capacity. If people are worried about DS space being too weak post reset then the card should stay on the shuttle. It's really important to be able to put other characters on the ship.
Is there a rule that says you can't have additional capacity on a TIE? Maybe that was one of the customizations...
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
Posts: 5576
Joined: July 14th, 2009, 2:16 pm
Location: Denmark (Toola)
GEMP Username: aermet69

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by aermet69 »

Or maybe it would just make it a little less ridiculus. I remember the days when every space package had Vader in his Shuttle and supported by either Tarkin or another Black squadron pilot. That is a pretty insane ship. Doesn't set up all by itself as the Slave 1 package did, but it's still hugely powerful.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

User avatar
qasur
Member
Posts: 5326
Joined: February 25th, 2009, 11:33 pm
Location: Gulfport, MS

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by qasur »

aermet69 wrote:Or maybe it would just make it a little less ridiculus. I remember the days when every space package had Vader in his Shuttle and supported by either Tarkin or another Black squadron pilot. That is a pretty insane ship. Doesn't set up all by itself as the Slave 1 package did, but it's still hugely powerful.
Yeah. I think the intent of Space Vader was to be on his TIE matched with another Black TIE. The shuttle does defeat that purpose, as well as allow Tarkin shannonigans.

User avatar
Shadow 13
Member
Posts: 16379
Joined: October 30th, 2002, 6:34 pm
GEMP Username: shadow13

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by Shadow 13 »

would love to see the shuttle come back as the TIE.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan
LS Region: Alderaan
Posts: 4762
Joined: June 26th, 2009, 6:33 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by Batmouse »

immune to 5 manuever 5 vader subtracts 2 and stacks with gmt(v) for 2 bds? the subtract 2 means it's less than 7.
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image
Image

Image

jcb213
Booster Box
Booster Box
Posts: 1990
Joined: January 14th, 2007, 5:35 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by jcb213 »

LS has Falcon, Outrider, and Skate as 3 solid options that are pullable with Squadron Assignments and can hold 2 pilots plus additional passengers. Post-reset DS only has Vader's Tie that does that. There is also no way to pull Tarkin. Do you really want to take away the only DS starfighter that can hold 2 pilots plus additional guys? Vader + Tarkin on Shuttle is strong, but is it that much stronger than Captain Han + Chewie v on Falcon?
James Barnes

User avatar
Darren Pilbeam
Member
Posts: 2077
Joined: September 27th, 2006, 6:11 pm
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire, UK.

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by Darren Pilbeam »

Nitsuj wrote:I can confirm this... I recall Meeker commenting that he originally wanted to virtualize the custom TIE but had to settle for the shuttle because someone had dibs on the custom TIE.
I've been in the same situation, only we got as far as actually having a workable card go to D&D before it came back that Vader's Custom TIE is off-limits.
Three time UK Champion - 2009, 2010, and 2013

Online League Chairman (emeritus) / UK Flight Leader

Recipient of the Lifetime Acheivement Award (sic) for service to the SWCCG Online Community

Post Reply

Return to “On Deck Discussion”