Vader's Shuttle

Nitsuj
Reflections Gold
Reflections Gold

Re: Vader's Shuttle

Post by Nitsuj »

aermet69 wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
stevetotheizz0 wrote:If this virtual card is being kept in the base set, can we move the gametext over to Vader's custom tie?

Tie fighters are cooler than shuttles.
1. It wouldn't be in the base set if it got moved to a different card,
2. A player creator has the rights to Vader's TIE, I believe.

Speaking of which. I believe that 'someone' has had the right to Vader's Custom TIE for a 'looooong' while. I mean, I've heard this as the reason it's never been made for as long as since the revolution if I recall correctly. Would be kind of nice if there was an expiration date on player cards, so they are not locked out and not made forever.
I can confirm this... I recall Meeker commenting that he originally wanted to virtualize the custom TIE but had to settle for the shuttle because someone had dibs on the custom TIE.

Justin Stratton, Northeast Ohio

Play SWCCG online at GEMP

quickdraw3457
Multimedia and Special Projects Advocate
GEMP Username: quickdraw

Post by quickdraw3457 »

Nitsuj wrote:
aermet69 wrote:
imrahil327 wrote:
stevetotheizz0 wrote:If this virtual card is being kept in the base set, can we move the gametext over to Vader's custom tie?

Tie fighters are cooler than shuttles.
1. It wouldn't be in the base set if it got moved to a different card,
2. A player creator has the rights to Vader's TIE, I believe.

Speaking of which. I believe that 'someone' has had the right to Vader's Custom TIE for a 'looooong' while. I mean, I've heard this as the reason it's never been made for as long as since the revolution if I recall correctly. Would be kind of nice if there was an expiration date on player cards, so they are not locked out and not made forever.
I can confirm this... I recall Meeker commenting that he originally wanted to virtualize the custom TIE but had to settle for the shuttle because someone had dibs on the custom TIE.
Wow, if Nate Meeker was told someone had dibs, then somebody has had dibs for almost a decade now.
Matt C. - Pittsburgh, PA
Hunter wrote:quickdraw is right

qasur

Post by qasur »

Yeah I was told that about 5 years ago when I came back. At the time Vader's Shuttle v and pre-Revo Vader v were played a lot.

Advocate
Advocate
GEMP Username: advocate

Post by Advocate »

It's gotten silly at this point. I have no idea of that card is still going to be held anymore.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
@swccg - Twitter
@swccg - Instagram
swccgpc - Twitch

Cam Solusar

Post by Cam Solusar »

Who actually holds the design for that?
Camden Y, Southern California
BrenDerlin wrote:These movies aren't called Star Battles, yo.

Remaker

Post by Remaker »

Cam Solusar wrote:Who actually holds the design for that?
me.

chriskelly
Design Advocate

Vader's Shuttle

Post by chriskelly »

Coordinated Attack (or whatever that Special edition card of the TIE in the trench is) would be another choice for a base card if the TIE is not an option. But yeah, that text should go on his TIE, not his shuttle.

jcb213
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jcb213 »

Indiana Jones Jedi Knight wrote:Coordinated Attack (or whatever that Special edition card of the TIE in the trench is) would be another choice for a base card if the TIE is not an option. But yeah, that text should go on his TIE, not his shuttle.
Except changing it to a TIE significantly weakens it since it has no additional pilot or passenger capacity. If people are worried about DS space being too weak post reset then the card should stay on the shuttle. It's really important to be able to put other characters on the ship.
James Barnes

puck71
GEMP Username: puck71

Post by puck71 »

jcb213 wrote:
Indiana Jones Jedi Knight wrote:Coordinated Attack (or whatever that Special edition card of the TIE in the trench is) would be another choice for a base card if the TIE is not an option. But yeah, that text should go on his TIE, not his shuttle.
Except changing it to a TIE significantly weakens it since it has no additional pilot or passenger capacity. If people are worried about DS space being too weak post reset then the card should stay on the shuttle. It's really important to be able to put other characters on the ship.
Is there a rule that says you can't have additional capacity on a TIE? Maybe that was one of the customizations...
John Anderson
Proofing, Tournament Committee, GEMP Team

aermet69
LS Region: Toola
LS Region: Toola
GEMP Username: aermet69

Post by aermet69 »

Or maybe it would just make it a little less ridiculus. I remember the days when every space package had Vader in his Shuttle and supported by either Tarkin or another Black squadron pilot. That is a pretty insane ship. Doesn't set up all by itself as the Slave 1 package did, but it's still hugely powerful.
- Casper Jørgensen
aermet69 - Member of Team Copenhagen
"Team Copenhagen never dies. They just go to the bar and respawn."
~UK National Champion 2011. ~Worlds 2012, 10th place. ~German Nationals 2014, Runner-up. ~European Champion 2014. ~Toola Regionals 2015, Runner-Up.

qasur

Post by qasur »

aermet69 wrote:Or maybe it would just make it a little less ridiculus. I remember the days when every space package had Vader in his Shuttle and supported by either Tarkin or another Black squadron pilot. That is a pretty insane ship. Doesn't set up all by itself as the Slave 1 package did, but it's still hugely powerful.
Yeah. I think the intent of Space Vader was to be on his TIE matched with another Black TIE. The shuttle does defeat that purpose, as well as allow Tarkin shannonigans.

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Post by Shadow 13 »

would love to see the shuttle come back as the TIE.
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Batmouse
LS Region: Alderaan
LS Region: Alderaan

Post by Batmouse »

immune to 5 manuever 5 vader subtracts 2 and stacks with gmt(v) for 2 bds? the subtract 2 means it's less than 7.
Proud owner of the alderaan regional trophy of 2009!
Proud WINNER of the Alderaan regional trophy 2017!
The Sheriff of Gemp
quesosauce37 wrote: all hail batmouse the vigilante!
imrahil327 wrote:Awww, it's Batmouse's and my first agreement on a sports topic. Image

jcb213
Booster Box
Booster Box

Post by jcb213 »

LS has Falcon, Outrider, and Skate as 3 solid options that are pullable with Squadron Assignments and can hold 2 pilots plus additional passengers. Post-reset DS only has Vader's Tie that does that. There is also no way to pull Tarkin. Do you really want to take away the only DS starfighter that can hold 2 pilots plus additional guys? Vader + Tarkin on Shuttle is strong, but is it that much stronger than Captain Han + Chewie v on Falcon?
James Barnes

Darren Pilbeam

Post by Darren Pilbeam »

Nitsuj wrote:I can confirm this... I recall Meeker commenting that he originally wanted to virtualize the custom TIE but had to settle for the shuttle because someone had dibs on the custom TIE.
I've been in the same situation, only we got as far as actually having a workable card go to D&D before it came back that Vader's Custom TIE is off-limits.
Three time UK Champion - 2009, 2010, and 2013

Online League Chairman (emeritus) / UK Flight Leader

Recipient of the Lifetime Acheivement Award (sic) for service to the SWCCG Online Community

Return to “On Deck Discussion”