Luke, SITF & Galen

Darren Pilbeam

Re: Luke, SITF & Galen

Post by Darren Pilbeam »

While I was never a huge fan of the mechanic (having Galen be able to remove a LS character by hitting them with his saber and then possibly remove two more with the attrition from battle destiny and the PoA draw was ridiculous, and don't even get me started on Luke being able to add to attrition because he's holding his lightsaber while passenging on Home One), I'm not opposed to it returning in some way if managed correctly.

How about making it part of the weapon's text, where instead of swinging the saber it can instead be used to add a destiny to attrition (just like Anakin's Lightsaber(v) gave the option to cancel a weapon destiny instead of being fired itself)? Or have it go to the Used Pile in order to add the attrition destiny draw (in the same way that Darth Vader's Lightsaber can be thrown to add a duel destiny). If one of the aims is to make it easier for Luke to deal with Walkers, then this would be perfect as he can't target them with his saber anyway now that QDv is gone.

Three time UK Champion - 2009, 2010, and 2013

Online League Chairman (emeritus) / UK Flight Leader

Recipient of the Lifetime Acheivement Award (sic) for service to the SWCCG Online Community

Shadow 13
GEMP Username: shadow13

Re: Luke, SITF & Galen

Post by Shadow 13 »

Darren Pilbeam wrote:While I was never a huge fan of the mechanic (having Galen be able to remove a LS character by hitting them with his saber and then possibly remove two more with the attrition from battle destiny and the PoA draw was ridiculous, and don't even get me started on Luke being able to add to attrition because he's holding his lightsaber while passenging on Home One), I'm not opposed to it returning in some way if managed correctly.

How about making it part of the weapon's text, where instead of swinging the saber it can instead be used to add a destiny to attrition (just like Anakin's Lightsaber(v) gave the option to cancel a weapon destiny instead of being fired itself)? Or have it go to the Used Pile in order to add the attrition destiny draw (in the same way that Darth Vader's Lightsaber can be thrown to add a duel destiny). If one of the aims is to make it easier for Luke to deal with Walkers, then this would be perfect as he can't target them with his saber anyway now that QDv is gone.
x2. very interesting mechanical ideas for weapons
ryan french
rebel strike team founder
two-time washington state champion
rhendon wrote:why not just elect a puppy as president, or mikefrench.

Return to “On Deck Discussion”